The Walking Dead

• Please log in to reply
1273 replies to this topic

#1261 Pressure/Hopenosis

Pressure/Hopenosis

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Family, music, sports, outdoors, photography and lots of other cool stuff I forgot to mention...

Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:55 PM

So Gabriel could be a mole?   Interesting angle:  http://comicbook.com...-walking-dead-/

Sponsored Post

#1262 Jack Aubrey

Jack Aubrey

The Gun Crank

• 22063 posts
  • Interests:Studying Scripture, movies, reading, military history, target shooting, drums and percussion, temperate, jungle, desert, arctic, and urban survival, saltwater fishing, playing with and training my dogs Sam and River, prepping and tactical training.

Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:10 PM

JohnnyBlaze, on 28 October 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

Jack Aubrey, on 28 October 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

JohnnyBlaze, on 26 October 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

Jack Aubrey, on 26 October 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

Rushian King, on 26 October 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

A major problem with the season 8 premier (among many problems): Rick has said a couple of times that he was going to kill Negan. Then the scene was setup with Negan sauntering out unprotected in full view with a few of his lieutenants and turncoats Gregory and Eugene. Nothing was killed except all the glass windows on that side of the building. For a group that didn't have any bullets a couple episodes back Rick's crew sure wasted a lot without hitting anyone.

Those morons waste far too much ammo. They are at war and they need to start acting like professionals, raid a store that sells books and/or dvds on tactical training and raid a military base and take all of the manuals about tactics. Take also dummy guns and knives and get to training. You can bet the ranch that's what I'd be doing, training like my life depended on it. Because at that point it would.

You already do those things Jack. And there is no zombie apocalypse! :P

Nah, my complaint isn't that the characters should do those things and aren't. My complaint is Rick is doing things which isn't in his character after all he's been through and has already done. Blubbering like that? Quitting? He might've cried and given up vs an enemy in season 1 or possibly even in 2 when he was inexperienced with murdering and misery. But now (beginning of season 7 that is)?! He had already given up before Abraham was bashed. Rubbish.

Unrelated:

- I thought the show truly was crap at mid-season of season 6 I think it was. A zombie horde had slipped into Alexandria and Rick went outside to hack at them solo. He was soon joined by all of the Alexandria citizens. And there's a closeup shot of each citizen hacking at some zombie with these cheesy looks of anger and determination. Visually, it was extremely, unintentionally B-movie looking.

- I wished they'd kill Carl. He feels like a side character that should be trashed.

- Actually, I haven't even seen most of season 7 but when is baby Judith going to not be a baby? Since Carl has naturally aged, she should too. It's like her first year of infancy has lasted four years! :P

In the JohnnyBlaze Walking Dead series this is who'd die or would already be dead (if one or some of these characters actually died in season 7, don't tell me):
Carl, baby Judith, Rosita, Tara

I only dislike Carl but the other 3 don't do much to serve the overall story IMHO. And when they have had their shining moments, it's not too interesting.

I was good with Sasha being killed off as I didn't like her. But what a shitty way to off her. No pay off whatsoever.

And if we were living during the zombie apocalypse you'd be doing those things, too!!!

I don't want to see them doing weeks of military training no matter how much they should if it all were real.

Really? It'd at least show they're taking their own survival seriously instead of rushing headllong into everything as well prepared as a cocker spaniel would be for a calculus exam.

#1263 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30145 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:40 PM

Jack Aubrey, on 28 October 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

A major problem with the season 8 premier (among many problems): Rick has said a couple of times that he was going to kill Negan. Then the scene was setup with Negan sauntering out unprotected in full view with a few of his lieutenants and turncoats Gregory and Eugene. Nothing was killed except all the glass windows on that side of the building. For a group that didn't have any bullets a couple episodes back Rick's crew sure wasted a lot without hitting anyone.

Those morons waste far too much ammo. They are at war and they need to start acting like professionals, raid a store that sells books and/or dvds on tactical training and raid a military base and take all of the manuals about tactics. Take also dummy guns and knives and get to training. You can bet the ranch that's what I'd be doing, training like my life depended on it. Because at that point it would.

Nah, my complaint isn't that the characters should do those things and aren't. My complaint is Rick is doing things which isn't in his character after all he's been through and has already done. Blubbering like that? Quitting? He might've cried and given up vs an enemy in season 1 or possibly even in 2 when he was inexperienced with murdering and misery. But now (beginning of season 7 that is)?! He had already given up before Abraham was bashed. Rubbish.

Unrelated:

- I thought the show truly was crap at mid-season of season 6 I think it was. A zombie horde had slipped into Alexandria and Rick went outside to hack at them solo. He was soon joined by all of the Alexandria citizens. And there's a closeup shot of each citizen hacking at some zombie with these cheesy looks of anger and determination. Visually, it was extremely, unintentionally B-movie looking.

- I wished they'd kill Carl. He feels like a side character that should be trashed.

- Actually, I haven't even seen most of season 7 but when is baby Judith going to not be a baby? Since Carl has naturally aged, she should too. It's like her first year of infancy has lasted four years! :P

In the JohnnyBlaze Walking Dead series this is who'd die or would already be dead (if one or some of these characters actually died in season 7, don't tell me):

I only dislike Carl but the other 3 don't do much to serve the overall story IMHO. And when they have had their shining moments, it's not too interesting.

I was good with Sasha being killed off as I didn't like her. But what a shitty way to off her. No pay off whatsoever.

And if we were living during the zombie apocalypse you'd be doing those things, too!!!

I don't want to see them doing weeks of military training no matter how much they should if it all were real.

Really? It'd at least show they're taking their own survival seriously instead of rushing headllong into everything as well prepared as a cocker spaniel would be for a calculus exam.

I'm saying the kind of training that you're talking about doesn't have to be drawn out or labored over. It can be done in a 5-7 minute montage. Or over the course of half or less of ONE episode. (Think Rocky movies.)

I'm positive more than 75% of fans don't want to see Carl learn how to fire a gun or tie a knot for half a season

Edited by JohnnyBlaze, 28 October 2017 - 11:45 PM.

#1264 Jack Aubrey

Jack Aubrey

The Gun Crank

• 22063 posts
  • Interests:Studying Scripture, movies, reading, military history, target shooting, drums and percussion, temperate, jungle, desert, arctic, and urban survival, saltwater fishing, playing with and training my dogs Sam and River, prepping and tactical training.

Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:53 AM

JohnnyBlaze, on 28 October 2017 - 11:40 PM, said:

Jack Aubrey, on 28 October 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

Unrelated:

I'm saying the kind of training that you're talking about doesn't have to be drawn out or labored over. It can be done in a 5-7 minute montage. Or over the course of half or less of ONE episode. (Think Rocky movies.)

I'm positive more than 75% of fans don't want to see Carl learn how to fire a gun or tie a knot for half a season

I wouldn't mind a montage, it would be better than nothing.

#1265 Rushian King

Rushian King

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1522 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:20 AM

They've had scenes over the years showing characters learning to shoot, cover themselves in walker blood, etc. but then the writers have the characters forget/not do things when it's convenient for the plot. The biggest problem with the show is the lack of consistency with the timeline caused by a seemingly free hand the writers have in doing whatever they want as long it doesn't affect what's supposed to happen in the 4 'important' episodes-- the season/mid-season premiers and mid-season/season finales.

#1266 Rushman14

Rushman14

Mr. Hollywood

• Members *
  • 11062 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:17 AM

View PostJack Aubrey, on 29 October 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 28 October 2017 - 11:40 PM, said:

View PostJack Aubrey, on 28 October 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 28 October 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

View PostJack Aubrey, on 28 October 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 26 October 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

View PostJack Aubrey, on 26 October 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

View PostRushian King, on 26 October 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

Unrelated:

I wouldn't mind a montage, it would be better than nothing.

The show is seriously jumping the shark. At this point I enjoy Fear The Walking Dead more.

#1267 Jack Aubrey

Jack Aubrey

The Gun Crank

• 22063 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:40 AM

It looks like Rick's big "we've already won" plan for taking the fight to the Saviors is turning into a big muddled mess and once again our "heroes" find themselves in "what do we do now?" mode, which by now sure seems to be the show's default setting.

Edited by Jack Aubrey, 31 October 2017 - 11:48 AM.

#1268 Syrinx

Syrinx

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Interests:Dallas Cowboys!

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:24 PM

very disappointing start to the new season!

#1269 Todem

Todem

Brosaucerous

• Members
  • 2219 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, writing,recording and performing music, coaching and playing baseball, golf, tennis, stocks, playing video games, spending as much time as I can with my wife and son.

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:33 PM

Show has gone to shit. All downhill since season 6.

Meh. Sticking with it because I am invested in these characters......but this show is ending soon.....very very soon.

#1270 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

The Sphere

• Members
  • 9817 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:51 PM

View PostTodem, on 02 November 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

Meh. Sticking with it because I am invested in these characters......but this show is ending soon.....very very soon.

The show is not ending anytime soon. Not sure where you're getting that idea from. They still draw great viewer numbers every week (what other cable show can get 10 million viewers an episode?) and rake in a ton in merch. They even have plans for what they want to do in season 10.

Edited by J2112YYZ, 02 November 2017 - 09:53 PM.

#1271 Syrinx

Syrinx

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Interests:Dallas Cowboys!

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:55 PM

I am a big fan and want it to be great again.  Like others, I will continue to watch - I have too much time invested.  But it boggles my mind that some of the writing is so amateur now!  The opening episode where Negan walks out and they don't kill him (their number one objective) and proceed to waste ammo on windows, was just plain STUPID!

#1272 Todem

Todem

Brosaucerous

• Members
  • 2219 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, writing,recording and performing music, coaching and playing baseball, golf, tennis, stocks, playing video games, spending as much time as I can with my wife and son.

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:53 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 02 November 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

The show is not ending anytime soon. Not sure where you're getting that idea from. They still draw great viewer numbers every week (what other cable show can get 10 million viewers an episode?) and rake in a ton in merch. They even have plans for what they want to do in season 10.

Ratings are nosediving and if this is the quality of the storytelling moving forward.....they will lose more and more.

Edited by Todem, 03 November 2017 - 01:53 PM.

#1273 Rushian King

Rushian King

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1522 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:09 PM

View PostTodem, on 03 November 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

Ratings are nosediving and if this is the quality of the storytelling moving forward.....they will lose more and more.

Ratings may be down but it's still one of the most viewed shows on TV and it's not on the big 4 networks so the numbers a channel like AMC needs is even less so it's got a long way to go unless everyone involved decide not to do it anymore.

#1274 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

The Sphere

• Members
  • 9817 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:10 PM

View PostTodem, on 03 November 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

I wouldn't say the ratings are nosediving but they aren't what they used to be. It will probably take a couple more years of declining ratings before AMC even considers ending it. The show will still be around for at least another two or three seasons. The ratings would have to take record drops in order for them to end the show "soon".

This won't be the first show to stay on the air well past it's shelf life and with lower viewership than previous years.

Edited by J2112YYZ, 03 November 2017 - 11:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users