The Walking Dead

vital signz

I thought that the last two episodes have been much stronger.

I would say last weeks's episode was one of the worst of the entire series. This week's was better but still poor and considering next week is the season finale then the entire season can be considered mediocre at best regardless of how good the finale is.
  • Like 1

I thought that the last two episodes have been much stronger.

I would say last weeks's episode was one of the worst of the entire series. This week's was better but still poor and considering next week is the season finale then the entire season can be considered mediocre at best regardless of how good the finale is.

Yeah I am kind of just waiting to see how it plays out but the whole season has been bleh.

Man this is just weak! Bad writing, bad new characters. What happens to these shows that lose their way?

I think AMC uses the show as a cash cow to fund it's other series. Whatever the budget is I wouldn't be surprised if a big chunk goes to makeup/special effects. They then tell the writers to stretch the story as thin as possible over 16 episodes and repeat each episode multiple times throughout the week charging advertisers a lot of money. Two reasons they stretch the season: first they get more of the aforementioned advertising dollars that would decrease with fewer eps and second they don't want to catch up to the story being told in the comics.

Man this is just weak! Bad writing, bad new characters. What happens to these shows that lose their way?

I think AMC uses the show as a cash cow to fund it's other series. Whatever the budget is I wouldn't be surprised if a big chunk goes to makeup/special effects. They then tell the writers to stretch the story as thin as possible over 16 episodes and repeat each episode multiple times throughout the week charging advertisers a lot of money. Two reasons they stretch the season: first they get more of the aforementioned advertising dollars that would decrease with fewer eps and second they don't want to catch up to the story being told in the comics.

I think its end is near and they are just milking it.

I can't wait for Better Call Saul to come back next month. That's a great show.

I wouldn't say it's gone full stupid but it's just completely uninteresting now. This is also around the point I stopped reading the comic as well. I can't remember if I read it here or somewhere else but supposedly they were aware in the comic that the story was becoming the same old same old and they did something huge to change it up. Now, I thought the introduction of Negan was gonna really change the dynamic of the show, turns out they completely botched his character after the season opener. They never kept the momentum from that going for Negan.

Now, whatever this big thing in the comic was, i'm sure they'll do it on the show. But when will that happen? Personally, I don't care. This is the first time since I started watching that the season finale didn't leave me interested in where things were going. Another war between Rick and another group? Who gives a shit anymore? I'm done.

• Like 1

I can't stand the leader of the garbage pail kids. She's so annoying. I keep hoping that she'll get knifed in the crotch or something. The tiger jumping out of nowhere to maul a couple people did get me to chuckle a little both times. But how does he know who to attack? He's a f'ing tiger, he doesn't know who the good or bad guys are, he just wants to have lunch.
  • Like 2

I don't watch this anymore but reading your commentary is making me doubt I ever watched the same show!

Flipping heck...tigers??? This show sounds like it jumped the shark the worst possible way!

• Like 2

This is what you can read on wikipedia about WD:

Season 8

Season 8 was announced in October 2016, just prior to the season 7 broadcast premiere. It will premiere with the show's 100th episode, starting in October 2017. Gimple is set to remain as the showrunner for this season.

Future seasons

Executive producer David Alpert said in 2014 that the original comics have given them enough ideas for Rick Grimes and company over the next seven years. "I happen to love working from source material, specifically because we have a pretty good idea of what Season 10 is gonna be", Alpert said. "We know where seasons 11 and 12 [will be]... we have benchmarks and milestones for those seasons if we're lucky enough to get there.

So I guess this will go on the same as it does now...

Damn! I miss those old episodes there Rick did not have a full town to take care of. Those episodes was golden!

I don't watch this anymore but reading your commentary is making me doubt I ever watched the same show!

Flipping heck...tigers??? This show sounds like it jumped the shark the worst possible way!

Well, the leader of the one community, King Ezekiel, was a former theater actor and zookeeper when the whole zombie thing started. He befriended a tiger while working at a zoo and named it Shiva. He took care of the tiger when it was injured and they bonded strong, so he kept it as a pet when everything happened. Usually the tiger is just there by his side as a warning to people to be careful and save Ezekiel when the situation arises. For the most part both the guy and the tiger are cool but this was the first time the tiger attacked people. It was just funny seeing it randomly jump on screen to take out a couple henchmen.

I saw the last several minutes of the season finale. My god it's awful. Nobody sees a big ass tiger charging again and again?

Even the quality of the shoot looks cheap. Seriously, Walker Sasha coming at Negan looked like a gag reel.

Embarassing.

• Like 2

I saw the last several minutes of the season finale. My god it's awful. Nobody sees a big ass tiger charging again and again?

Even the quality of the shoot looks cheap. Seriously, Walker Sasha coming at Negan looked like a gag reel.

Embarassing.

Yeah, its sad how it went from a really good serie, with nice effects and good conversations to this shit....

What happened really?

• Like 1

Embarassing.

Stupid to bring the tiger along when you know there will be a lot of bullets flying around. I can see how he didn't get hit the first time he showed up. It was a surprise. But after that, how does someone not just fill it with lead considering the caliber of fire power they had in the gunfight. You're telling me that not one of Negan's guys was like "f**k this, i'm taking that tiger out".

• Like 2

Embarassing.

Yeah, its sad how it went from a really good serie, with nice effects and good conversations to this shit....

What happened really?

No idea. It's like a completely different show.

I've only seen pieces of season 7 but the pieces I've seen don't make me want to see all of it.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Embarassing.

Stupid to bring the tiger along when you know there will be a lot of bullets flying around. I can see how he didn't get hit the first time he showed up. It was a surprise. But after that, how does someone not just fill it with lead considering the caliber of fire power they had in the gunfight. You're telling me that not one of Negan's guys was like "f**k this, i'm taking that tiger out".

Exactly. I would've been unloading on that tiger while it was munching on its first kill.

Embarassing.

Exactly. I would've been unloading on that tiger while it was munching on its first kill.

And Im also surprised that no one tried to kill Negan during the gunfight. He was safe just hiding behind a car...

I can't stand the leader of the garbage pail kids. She's so annoying. I keep hoping that she'll get knifed in the crotch or something. The tiger jumping out of nowhere to maul a couple people did get me to chuckle a little both times. But how does he know who to attack? He's a f'ing tiger, he doesn't know who the good or bad guys are, he just wants to have lunch.

Shiva finally getting to maul someone in the show was something my brother and I had been waiting to see. But yeah, how would she know who to attack? I didn't watch Talking Dead to see if maybe it was mentioned on there somewhere.

Embarassing.

And Im also surprised that no one tried to kill Negan during the gunfight. He was safe just hiding behind a car...

Yup.

If I were on Negan's side, I'd be gunning for the tiger immediately.

If I were on Rick's side, Negan would be my first attempted kill.

• Like 2

All we can hope for is that the show runner looks at the evidence and learns from it. Vocal fan outrage and a significant drop in viewership should tell you something.

Embarassing.

What happened really?

No idea. It's like a completely different show.

I've only seen pieces of season 7 but the pieces I've seen don't make me want to see all of it.

Yeah if you stopped watching I would recommend that you not bother with season 7.

Actually the show has been in a slide since the Governor arc ended.

• Like 1