Real Women Listen to Rush

NobodysHeroine

And I stand by that statement. wink.gif

These pics are of the promised "Real women listen to Rush" shirt. It is also part of my "costume" for Halloween this year. I'm a Rushian! Then again, I don't really need to dress up to convey that. biggrin.gif

I don't really dress up anymore on Halloween. The trick-or-treat tradition is something I've grown out of. But you're never too old to be a Rushian. tongue.gif

My school had a costume contest on Friday. I didn't participate and was out of there before I could know of the result, but I would have won by default because Rush is the greatest band in this world. And we all know it. 1022.gif

Yup, I went as a Rushian, complete with a hand-made shirt that said "Real women listen to Rush." No one but my teachers immediately picked up on it. They were the only people who I trusted to know about Rush. But they certainly approved of my "costume," even if my shirt had a naked person on it. It was the Starwoman, based on the Starman from 2112. It's also on the New World Women banner here at The Rush Forum. cool.gif

My classmates kept thinking that I was Ozzy or John Lennon, since my "Geddy shades" probably wouldn't make sense in the context of Rush if someone didn't know who both Rush and Geddy Lee are. Their loss. dazed025.gif

Funny thing is, Geddy gets mistaken for Ozzy all the time. So in a way, my "costume" was effective. Right? laugh.gif

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/Priestess-of-Syrinx/New%20World%20Women/Dscn1423.jpg

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/Priestess-of-Syrinx/New%20World%20Women/Dscn1424.jpg

Whao, my hair is so shiny there. I guess the Suave must be working. ohmy.gif

That is EPIC!!!!! I must make one of my own.

Kahme, can I adopt you? laugh.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Oct 31 2010, 03:37 AM)
That is EPIC!!!!!  I must make one of my own.

Kahme, can I adopt you?  laugh.gif

Thank you, my friend. biggrin.gif

It is epic, just like Rush. 1022.gif

Um, I dunno about that. My parents wouldn't like that very much. laugh.gif

But I am flattered by your offer. wink.gif

Lol Great job on the t shirt, that's cool!

Oh, what a fabulous t-shirt, I say! :D I wish my school had a costume day. Yeah, it's high school, but we still celebrate Halloween and the like.. I would've gone Geddy Lee on a school full of people who like either rap or heavy metal but.. well, see the above message.

I know how you feel about teachers being the only ones who pick up on anything Rush-related. My American Government teacher is a big Rush fan (he was actually at the Time Machine Tour in town as well, which of course I was at, haha) and I've run into some teachers that have liked my Rush t-shirt. A couple kids have said, "Hey my dad likes that band" and one girl said she'd gone to the concert.. but didn't like it. (We didn't talk the rest of Art Club that day.)

One thing's for sure, my generation (our?) needs more Rush fans. I pity the people who think Green Day is talented.

I am no longer in school. For two different occassions in Halloween (related to my job as a librarian), I dressed up as two different intelligent and capable women- Artemis (the Greek goddess) and Luna Lovegood (from Harry Potter).

When a female colleague asked me what I was doing for my birthday, I told her that I was going to see Rush in concert the day before. Unfortunately, she did not know who Rush were sad.gif

1 of the 7- you need a Neil element in your outfit, perhaps a hat wink.gif

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Oct 30 2010, 06:43 PM)
And I stand by that statement. wink.gif

These pics are of the promised "Real women listen to Rush" shirt. It is also part of my "costume" for Halloween this year. I'm a Rushian! Then again, I don't really need to dress up to convey that. biggrin.gif

I don't really dress up anymore on Halloween. The trick-or-treat tradition is something I've grown out of. But you're never too old to be a Rushian. tongue.gif

My school had a costume contest on Friday. I didn't participate and was out of there before I could know of the result, but I would have won by default because Rush is the greatest band in this world. And we all know it. 1022.gif

Yup, I went as a Rushian, complete with a hand-made shirt that said "Real women listen to Rush." No one but my teachers immediately picked up on it. They were the only people who I trusted to know about Rush. But they certainly approved of my "costume," even if my shirt had a naked person on it. It was the Starwoman, based on the Starman from 2112. It's also on the New World Women banner here at The Rush Forum. cool.gif

My classmates kept thinking that I was Ozzy or John Lennon, since my "Geddy shades" probably wouldn't make sense in the context of Rush if someone didn't know who both Rush and Geddy Lee are. Their loss. dazed025.gif

Funny thing is, Geddy gets mistaken for Ozzy all the time. So in a way, my "costume" was effective. Right? laugh.gif

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/Priestess-of-Syrinx/New%20World%20Women/Dscn1423.jpg

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/Priestess-of-Syrinx/New%20World%20Women/Dscn1424.jpg

Whao, my hair is so shiny there. I guess the Suave must be working. ohmy.gif

My God, that T-shirt's darn good! rose.gif GeddyFinal.gif hug2.gif

thing2jordan - I was definitely trying for some authentic detail! I only wish I'd have thrown one end of the scarf over my shoulder!

IChoseFreeWill - I'm already planning Neil for next year! I have a pillbox-y shaped hat I think will work, I'll put up my hair, and twirl a drumstick in my hand. I told my boyfriend we should have dressed him as modern-day Alex, because they have the same build. Maybe next year...

QUOTE (Babycat @ Nov 9 2010, 10:15 AM)
My God, that T-shirt's darn good!  rose.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  hug2.gif

Why, thank you. wink.gif

I have some more. biggrin.gif

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/Priestess-of-Syrinx/New%20World%20Women/Picture006.jpg

It's beauty, eh? cool.gif

Those pins and buttons were found at The Rush Backstage Club website. tongue.gif

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/Priestess-of-Syrinx/New%20World%20Women/Picture001.jpg

These are my Geddy shoes, the converse style that he has worn for the last twenty years or so. wub.gif

The writing is not Rush-related, but for my future novels. They deal with two gay couples, having quotes from each one along with their names and the length of each relationship. trink39.gif

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/Priestess-of-Syrinx/New%20World%20Women/Picture009.jpg

And these are my Rush jeans. I decorated them on Wednesday night, armed with nothing but eight colored Sharpies. laugh.gif

I have their entire discography down my right leg, including their upcoming album Clockwork Angels (to be released next year). I'm not obsessed at all. ph34r.gif

Nice jeans, Kahme! You have given me a few ideas..... A trip to the craft store is in order for this weekend, methinks biggrin.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Nov 13 2010, 05:30 AM)
Nice jeans, Kahme! You have given me a few ideas..... A trip to the craft store is in order for this weekend, methinks  biggrin.gif

Thank you, love. biggrin.gif

You should totally do that. I love to know that I have inspired someone. wink.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Nov 14 2010, 12:45 AM)
Thanks Rolinda! biggrin.gif

ANd Kahme, it's not lost on me (or you I'm sure) that those are Lee jeans. What other kind for a Geddy fan, right? wink.gif I don't have any anymore...think I did at one time!

Whoa, I just realized that! Lee jeans, Geddy Lee! ohmy.gif

Awesome! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif tongue.gif

Geddy is everywhere, including up here. *Taps her forehead*

Sometimes I take him places I really shouldn't. laugh.gif

ph34r.gif