Your most hated vegetable :(

Steevo

Lettuce. It's useless filler.

We for some reason want it on Tacos and Burgers. INSANITY

And full of Ecoli....

:LOL:

Funnily, at barbecues when I was a kid, people thought I was a little crazy (and unhealthy) when I just wanted cheese (or nothing at all including no condiments) on my burger. Now, I want a shot at ecoli and barbecue-goers think I'm normal. :LOL:

Depends on how served. Raw spinach, yay; cooked, nay. Collards if cooked right. Most root vegs OK but not beets. Yams I cook with sliced Granny Smith apples and raisins in a brown sugar based sauce. Pea soup yay but fresh peas nay. Love salads, go to Sweet Tomatoes a lot. No Brussels sprouts, Lima or kidney beans, and NO asparagus

I love pretty much all vegetables! There are some I like better than others, of course, but in general I love them all! And I like veggies more than fruits.

As a kid I hardly ate any vegetables, and what I did eat was mostly salad. Once I got into my 20s I started eating more, I assume as my tastebuds changed. (Kids have different, more sensitive, tastebuds than adults, and that is the reason they often don't like vegetables.) I knew I was an adult when I would get cravings for steamed broccoli with lemon and pepper :LOL: :codger:

I love pretty much all vegetables! There are some I like better than others, of course, but in general I love them all! And I like veggies more than fruits.

As a kid I hardly ate any vegetables, and what I did eat was mostly salad. Once I got into my 20s I started eating more, I assume as my tastebuds changed. (Kids have different, more sensitive, tastebuds than adults, and that is the reason they often don't like vegetables.) I knew I was an adult when I would get cravings for steamed broccoli with lemon and pepper :LOL: :codger:

Vegetables are great; salad, stir-fried, raw, steamed, whatever.

While I was always given lots of veggies as a kid (in salads and sauces especially) I think it's predictable that it was always kind of "???" for me why adults loved those foods. I'm 19 now and in the past two years my tastebuds definitely changed. A lot of flavors are a lot more pleasant now, and especially unsavory and bitter profiles just get minimized so the 'yuck' just isn't there anymore. A big thing was broccoli, actually. I too get cravings now. :LOL:

It occurred to me recently that I despise cauliflower, which is the one veggie I liked eating as a kid. It's best eaten raw and even then it's just kind of off to me.

• Like 2

While I was always given lots of veggies as a kid (in salads and sauces especially) I think it's predictable that it was always kind of "???" for me why adults loved those foods. I'm 19 now and in the past two years my tastebuds definitely changed. A lot of flavors are a lot more pleasant now, and especially unsavory and bitter profiles just get minimized so the 'yuck' just isn't there anymore. A big thing was broccoli, actually. I too get cravings now. :LOL:

It occurred to me recently that I despise cauliflower, which is the one veggie I liked eating as a kid. It's best eaten raw and even then it's just kind of off to me.

Cauliflower is best as tempura

Never had cauliflower tempura; seems pretty straightforward to make at home, so I might try it. :)

Never had cauliflower tempura; seems pretty straightforward to make at home, so I might try it. :)

If you already like tempura, I'm pretty sure you'll like this.

Seaweeds, absolutely out of range in this contest.

Yeah? Depends on the seaweed for me but all of them fall somewhere between "ok" and "very good".

Korean seaweed tends to be saltier and oilier than Japanese seaweed ((read as: better)). Eating it by itself or with rice I'd go with Korean seaweed. In soup or with sushi, I'd go with Japanese seaweed. Seaweed! :blaze:

• Like 1