Didn't Hot Pockets used to be tasty?

Tarkus406

Lately I've been trying a lot of food that I used to eat years ago. One of them being hot pockets...they used to be delicious. Now? Psh, they don't even taste like food. It's sickening. I don't know what they started doing to them, but because they did it, I no longer wish to purchase them. no.gif

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, lay off the processed shit, you're setting yourself up for all manner of health problems in the future.

Try making your own stuff.....with fresh ingredients. It's easy and nutritious!

It's not that Hot Pockets used to taste good and all of a sudden they changed the "recipe" or started using lesser ingredients. Hot Pockets have always tasted like microwaved genetically-modified llama shit. It's just that your taste buds have matured. yes.gif

Of course, since Hot Pockets are being mentioned, I am required by law to post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu-dLUJzsW8

I started making my own pizza.........MMM mmm mmm.....as good as any I've ever had.

Same with salsa, easy and delicious. I'll never buy a jar of salsa again.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Oct 13 2010, 03:16 PM)
Dude, lay off the processed shit, you're setting yourself up for all manner of health problems in the future.

Try making your own stuff.....with fresh ingredients. It's easy and nutritious!

you're right. all those frozen dinners and hot pockets type stuff is loaded, and i mean loaded with salt. that's what keeps me from eating it.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Oct 13 2010, 03:23 PM)
I started making my own pizza.........MMM mmm mmm.....as good as any I've ever had.

i made one great pizza in my life but everytime after that it was a miss with making the dough. i can't get the dough just right. i have the sauce and cheese part down though. i like a combo of cheese and anchovies but alot of times i can just go with sauce and no cheese.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 13 2010, 04:18 PM)
It's not that Hot Pockets used to taste good and all of a sudden they changed the "recipe" or started using lesser ingredients. Hot Pockets have always tasted like microwaved genetically-modified llama shit. It's just that your taste buds have matured. yes.gif

Of course, since Hot Pockets are being mentioned, I am required by law to post this:

I know exactly what that link is before opening it, and it is THE first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title!

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 13 2010, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Oct 13 2010, 03:07 PM)
By the way I know I've said this before, but this thread would go nicely in a FOOD SUBFORUM wink.gif

i would be a regular in the FOOD SUBFORUM. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Not that it's a bad idea, but I really don't think we'd have enough food content to justify dedicating an entire forum to it.

Though we'd have our choice of some good forum names...

Carve Away The Bone

Test For Eggo

Red Bruschetta

The Larger Mixing Bowl

Fry By Night

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 13 2010, 03:39 PM)
By the way I know I've said this before, but this thread would go nicely in a FOOD SUBFORUM wink.gif

Not that it's a bad idea, but I really don't think we'd have enough food content to justify dedicating an entire forum to it.

Carve Away The Bone

Test For Eggo

Red Bruschetta

The Larger Mixing Bowl

Fry By Night

The Spirit of Radishes

Sweet Miracle Whip

Tai Shan Gai Pan

QUOTE (Mara @ Oct 13 2010, 04:38 PM)

I know exactly what that link is before opening it, and it is THE first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title!

Of course! yes.gif

Carve Away The Bone

Test For Eggo

Red Bruschetta

The Larger Mixing Bowl

Fry By Night

hey if there's a booze section why not a food section? i'm not a big boozer.

Don't knock llama shit..... laugh.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 13 2010, 02:40 PM)

Carve Away The Bone

Test For Eggo

Red Bruschetta

The Larger Mixing Bowl

Fry By Night

The Spirit of Radishes

Sweet Miracle Whip

Tai Shan Gai Pan

laugh.gif

Too funny!

Don't forget:

Between The Meals.........

rimshot.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 13 2010, 02:39 PM)

Carve Away The Bone

Test For Eggo

Red Bruschetta

The Larger Mixing Bowl

Fry By Night

I thought we were gonna make a Food Subforum way back when...

I STILL think it's a great idea... I'd like to add

Red Munchetta

Entre Du Jour

New World Chef

tongue.gif

Ding!

You have a big boy tummy now Tark. smile.gif

Are Hot Pockets anything like the British version of Pop Tarts? Had those about 20 odd years ago, vanished around the same time, they came back, I tried one, it tasted awful.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Oct 13 2010, 04:51 PM)
Are Hot Pockets anything like the British version of Pop Tarts? Had those about 20 odd years ago, vanished around the same time, they came back, I tried one, it tasted awful.

we still have pop tarts here. i like the strawberry ones without the icing on occasion. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 13 2010, 01:18 PM)

Classic!!

Those Hot Pockets were good for a late night snack back in my college days, or coming home from working a 3 to midnight shift at Safeway.

But those days are GONE!

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Oct 13 2010, 02:23 PM)

WHAT?!!

I don't think you would say no to a jar of Mrs. Renfro's Habanero Salsa... eventhough your colon would prolly thank you. tongue.gif