Essential dvd's and live cd's to have

-Q-

Howdy all

Looking to add to my Rush DVD collection which for now only consists of RIR, just wondering what others are worth the price. (boot's not included, thats a different subject all together biggrin.gif )

CD's - I have pieces of Different stages but I wanted to buy the full set, is the japanese version worth the extra $$? I read that it only has one bonus track, otherwise they're identical.... true?

Have ESL & ATWAS already, is the RIR CD a good bet?

QUOTE (-Q- @ Apr 19 2005, 09:26 AM)
Howdy all

Looking to add to my Rush DVD collection which for now only consists of RIR, just wondering what others are worth the price. (boot's not included, thats a different subject all together biggrin.gif )

CD's - I have pieces of Different stages but I wanted to buy the full set, is the japanese version worth the extra $$? I read that it only has one bonus track, otherwise they're identical.... true?
Have ESL & ATWAS already, is the RIR CD a good bet?

Is it coincidence that all your CDs are the live ones?

If it is and you're interested in their studio recordings,

you should get 2112 and Hemispheres for starters;

then Moving Pictures and Signals;

and when you're ready to move on, get Grace under Pressure and Counterparts.

Then get all the rest. tongue.gif

Alternatively, you might consider selecting one album from each pair above and completing the pair afterwards.

That way you get a more general feel for Rush's sound over the decades.

2.gif

I should have stated before, I have all of thier studio work, been a fan since the early 80's.

Just looking to grow the live collection since it's almost all I listen to these days. I guess i'm trying to re-live the concerts I've been to biggrin.gif

With the RiR Cds you get 2 extra tracks which are good, CD two is awesome the way it opens with the dragon roar and then Peart's drums (OLV). One tiny anoyance (sp?) is they leave out Geddy saying "Sorry it took us so long to get here ....were gonna play a thousand songs...."

I bought this second too and didn't regret the purchase. But it is otherwise essentially the same as the DVD although you don't have to worry about the crappy 5.1 sound thats on the DVD. I usually set RiR DVD to Stereo sound anyway.

Archived