R40?

Gilbertk

I would love to see this happen. I'm sure they'll stick around that long, and another tour like R30 would be awesome.

Anyone think they'd do this?

Heck... I'm psyched about R50!!! drool1.gif

There was a thread about this somewhere else recently but i'm too lazy to look for it. I believe R40 will happen. After they tour for CA next summer/fall that will give them a few years to rest up and then do R40. After that though who knows what they'll do confused13.gif

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Oct 7 2010, 07:51 PM)
You realize if there's an R50, they're going to be in their 70s? Do we really want to see that? lol

If, at 70-72 they can still pull it off, I don't see why not, although I doubt the show would be as long as it currently is. It is unlikely for this to happen however.

QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Oct 7 2010, 11:54 AM)
They guys all look in great shape for almost 60 yrs old!  Seriously, they look like they are in their 40s.  That said I'd love to see them until they are 80! 

They do look great still (biggrin.gif enough about that since this isn't the appropriate thread for posting those comments!). I can't believe their energy on stage. I hope they keep touring for as long as they can.

2.gif

QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Oct 7 2010, 01:54 PM)
They guys all look in great shape for almost 60 yrs old! Seriously, they look like they are in their 40s. That said I'd love to see them until they are 80!

Well like Geddy said, as long as they are playing this well, who knows!!!

40's? no.gif

I've always thought about the idea of R40. It sounds like the perfect way for them to go out with their last bang. Play something from every album. Play as many cities and countries as they can. Live it up one last time. 100 3-hour shows. They're man enough.

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Oct 8 2010, 12:16 AM)
I've always thought about the idea of R40. It sounds like the perfect way for them to go out with their last bang. Play something from every album. Play as many cities and countries as they can. Live it up one last time. 100 3-hour shows. They're man enough.

I like this idea very much.

Very, VERY much.

And actually go to Australia, Japan, Russia, Greece, Italy, France, e.t.c.

I say, R40? Yes, please! And, thank you! yes.gif 1022.gif

But, I am not holding my breath. I am like the guys in this instance. I am taking one album and tour at a time...and savoring every damn minute I can squeeze out of them! yes.gif

I mentioned this somewhere else, but I have this sick little goal of seeing them at least 20 times before they retire. Since I know that we will have at least one more tour (barring any unforeseen circumstances, of course), I am planning on 10 shows next tour. Dallas on 9/26/10 made my 10th Rush concert. This has to be done. And, I am also trying to get my son up to at least 5 Rush shows (he's at 3 as of 8/5/10) before retirement.

Do I believe there will be at least one more tour after Clockwork Angels? Yes, I do. But, I can't count on that at this point in the game. I know I can always count on Geddy being around and doing something. I just can't see him retiring and fading off. But "Rush?" One project at a time...I have felt that way since the "comeback" after Neil's tragedies. Get what I can, and enjoy every damn second! 1022.gif 2.gif

So, I don't give a damn what they play or what they don't play. I'll be there, rawking my ASS off! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Oct 8 2010, 01:35 AM)
I say, R40?  Yes, please!  And, thank you!  yes.gif  1022.gif

But, I am not holding my breath.  I am like the guys in this instance.  I am taking one album and tour at a time...and savoring every damn minute I can squeeze out of them!  yes.gif

I mentioned this somewhere else, but I have this sick little goal of seeing them at least 20 times before they retire.  Since I know that we will have at least one more tour (barring any unforeseen circumstances, of course), I am planning on 10 shows next tour.  Dallas on 9/26/10 made my 10th Rush concert.  This has to be done.  And, I am also trying to get my son up to at least 5 Rush shows (he's at 3 as of 8/5/10) before retirement. 

Do I believe there will be at least one more tour after Clockwork Angels?  Yes, I do.  But, I can't count on that at this point in the game.  I know I can always count on Geddy being around and doing something.  I just can't see him retiring and fading off.  But "Rush?"  One project at a time...I have felt that way since the "comeback" after Neil's tragedies.  Get what I can, and enjoy every damn second!  1022.gif  2.gif

So, I don't give a damn what they play or what they don't play.  I'll be there, rawking my ASS off!  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

I've seen 2 shows and I'm hoping to hit a high number on the next tour. I'll hopefully get tickets to all the Southeastern shows, and fingers crossed for others around the country. I came into Rush rather late in the game, so I have some catching up to do!

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 7 2010, 11:13 PM)
QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Oct 7 2010, 01:54 PM)
They guys all look in great shape for almost 60 yrs old!  Seriously, they look like they are in their 40s.  That said I'd love to see them until they are 80! 

Well like Geddy said, as long as they are playing this well, who knows!!!

40's? no.gif

Late 40's? Neil hasn't for awhile, and with Alex's hair (should just be shaven....), not so much. But Geddy still looks rather young. He's still got the hair, the skinny figure, the non-flabby skin, and heck, a goatee. On top of that he's still running and jumping around the stage!

I think that even if Rush retires, he'll get back into the music game with solo work. Alex... Maybe, as long as it's better than Victor eyesre4.gif Neil? Who knows... I could see him going either way. If fact, I wouldn't be suprised if he just started writting, with the occasional drum appearance (Burning For Buddy 3???)

I think the idea of an R40 is not far fetched.It's even EXPECTED that they do it, and as someone mentioned in the thread, play 100 shows and give the maximum they can live on last time.

How about producing, do you guys think they could have a shot at that? I could see Al and Ged having a go at it. As for Neil, he'll just be travelling and writing, and I'm fine with that too, I like his books a lot.

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Oct 8 2010, 11:06 AM)
I think the idea of an R40 is not far fetched.It's even EXPECTED that they do it, and as someone mentioned in the thread, play 100 shows and give the maximum they can live on last time.

How about producing, do you guys think they could have a shot at that? I could see Al and Ged having a go at it. As for Neil, he'll just be travelling and writing, and I'm fine with that too, I like his books a lot.

THAT I can see. Geddy and Alex have produced in the past, and I don't think they'll ever be able to stay away from music.

As for Neil, I think you hit the nail on the head. He may play an occasional gig, like the Buddy Rich memorial concert, or something similar to his Hockey theme.

Its only four years away, so its definitely possible.

so if R40 is only 4 years away, it's entirely in the realm of possibility.

Next year(2011), they do a short tour again, while working on Clockwork Angels.

2012, they tour Clockwork Angels.

2013, they take off and rest/solo projects.

2014, R40/retirement tour.

Yup, could happen.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Oct 9 2010, 09:33 AM)
so if R40 is only 4 years away, it's entirely in the realm of possibility.
Next year(2011), they do a short tour again, while working on Clockwork Angels.
2012, they tour Clockwork Angels.
2013, they take off and rest/solo projects.
2014, R40/retirement tour.
Yup, could happen.

Hahaha, solo projects. One can only dream....

I would love to see it happen, but I'm doubtful it will. I think the fact that now, at this stage in their career, they have gained so much attention and many new fans they could go out on top of their game.

If there was a 40 year final tour it could not be as large as it is now. Maybe a few shows in really big cities, think L.A., New York, Chicago. I cannot see them hitting places like Nebraska, Kansas etc., which is why I think they have done so this tour and probably the 2011 leg. I met so many people in the lower mid-west that had not had the band in their cities for 19 years or more.

I said it before, they are trying to get to as many cities as they can, while they can, so the places/fans they haven't been to for a long time will get the chance to see/hear them before the retire. Just IMHO! 2.gif

Archived