ENCORE:

2112 Overture/Temples

Tom Sawyer

Edited by savagegrace26

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they do Show Don't Tell... I might cry from happiness. That song rocks!

I'd love to hear more than Clockwork Angels... I think they made a mistake putting SO MUCH of Snakes and Arrows in one block of the setlist for the S&A tour. But who knows, I haven't heard the album yet. confused13.gif

I'd like to hear them bring out Where's My Thing...

Perhaps play all of "Fear"? 1022.gif

Set One:

Limelight

Freewill

Territories

Malignant Narcissism

Tom Sawyer

Vital Signs

The Trees

Caravan

Secret Touch

Armor and Sword

La Villa Strangiato

Set Two:

Clockwork Angels Epic

Leave That Thing Alone

Jacob's Ladder

Red Barchetta

The Main Monkey Business

Drum Solo

Hemispheres Prelude / ByTor and The Snow Dog (shortened) / Working Man

The Spirit of Radio

Encore:

2112 Overture / Temples

YYZ

I'm pretty in love with this setlist. I think the band and fans alike would like a tour with an emphasis on Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, Instrumentals, S & A, and the new material. It would also be pretty awesome to have 2112 start an encore.

It looks like there's a large amount of Hemispheres there too.

Edited by That One Guy

I just want to hear....

Natural Science

Passage to Bangkok

Between the Wheels

Analog Kid

Digital Man

The Camera Eye

Vital Signs

Cygnus X-1

Circumstances

Xanadu

Jacobs Ladder

A Farewell to Kings

The Weapon

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

Lakeside Park

La Villa Strangiato

I can dream...can't I?

QUOTE (Oziumrules @ Oct 6 2010, 10:56 PM)
I just want to hear....

Natural Science
Passage to Bangkok
Between the Wheels
Analog Kid
Digital Man
The Camera Eye
Vital Signs
Cygnus X-1
Circumstances
Xanadu
Jacobs Ladder
A Farewell to Kings
The Weapon
By-Tor and the Snow Dog
Lakeside Park
La Villa Strangiato

I can dream...can't I?

Oddly enough, we share the same dream! trink39.gif

I would only add "I think Im going bald."

I have only two requests before they hang it up.

Anthem

Lakeside Park

QUOTE (Oziumrules @ Oct 6 2010, 10:56 PM)
I just want to hear....

Natural Science
Passage to Bangkok
Between the Wheels
Analog Kid
Digital Man
The Camera Eye
Vital Signs
Cygnus X-1
Circumstances
Xanadu
Jacobs Ladder
A Farewell to Kings
The Weapon
By-Tor and the Snow Dog
Lakeside Park
La Villa Strangiato

I can dream...can't I?

that's a nice wish list and here's a few more to add to it.

before and after

in the end

something for nothing

territories

prime mover

the enemy within

time and motion

earthshine

mal nar

Dreamline

Time Stand Still

Ceiling Unlimited

Prime Mover

Earthshine

Half the World

Faithless

New World Man

(CwA song)

Roll the Bones

Marathon

One Little Victory

--------------------------------

Caravan

BU2B

(CwA song)

(CwA epic)

Vapor Trails

Subdivisions

Natural Science

Red Sector A

Where's My Thing

Drum Solo

Resist (acoustic)

The Camera Eye

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

--------------------------------

Far Cry

Finding My Way

Limelight

Set One:

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Time Stand Still

Presto

Animate

The Main Monkey Business

The Pass

Big Money

Dreamline

Red Barchetta

Marathon

Jacob's Ladder

Break

Set Two:

Clockwork Angels Set

Limelight

Vapor Trail

YYZ

Drum Solo

Guitar Solo/The Trees

The Camera Eye

La Villa

Encore:

Far Cry

Tom Sawyer

Encore II:

2112/Temples/Grand Finale 2.gif

Edited by rockinbass21

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Oct 6 2010, 04:36 PM)

I'd love to hear more than Clockwork Angels... I think they made a mistake putting SO MUCH of Snakes and Arrows in one block of the setlist for the S&A tour. But who knows, I haven't heard the album yet. confused13.gif

Perhaps play all of "Fear"? 1022.gif

One thing I really LOVE (oh, and I do mean LOVE) about Rush is that they focus on what they are doing RIGHT NOW, as opposed to what they did, say, 20 or 30 or 40 years ago. They are all about moving forward. That being said, I am glad to hear some old favorites. Personally, if I were to pick a set list, it would have very LITTLE from before PeW. AND, it would NOT include staples like The Spirit of Radio and Tom Sawyer. I would prefer stuff that is deeper and less commercial...like Jacob's Ladder or Chemistry, etc. I would ADORE hearing a tour where they aren't playing ANYTHING that has been a radio single, but that's just me. Not saying that those songs are bad, but I just think it would be fun for them to be completely against the run of the mill, so to speak. cool.gif

However, I have said it before and I will say it again. Doesn't matter what they play, I will be there, with the best seats I can afford, as many times as I can. I am true-blue and completely devoted to them. yes.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Oct 8 2010, 06:17 AM)
QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Oct 6 2010, 04:36 PM)

Perhaps play all of  "Fear"?  1022.gif

One thing I really LOVE (oh, and I do mean LOVE) about Rush is that they focus on what they are doing RIGHT NOW, as opposed to what they did, say, 20 or 30 or 40 years ago. They are all about moving forward. That being said, I am glad to hear some old favorites. Personally, if I were to pick a set list, it would have very LITTLE from before PeW. AND, it would NOT include staples like The Spirit of Radio and Tom Sawyer. I would prefer stuff that is deeper and less commercial...like Jacob's Ladder or Chemistry, etc. I would ADORE hearing a tour where they aren't playing ANYTHING that has been a radio single, but that's just me. Not saying that those songs are bad, but I just think it would be fun for them to be completely against the run of the mill, so to speak. cool.gif

However, I have said it before and I will say it again. Doesn't matter what they play, I will be there, with the best seats I can afford, as many times as I can. I am true-blue and completely devoted to them. yes.gif

Amen to that. As long as we can have "In The End" I'd be happy

The Spirit of Radio

Analog Kid

The Big Wheel

Red Barchetta

(New Song)

BU2B

Circumstances

Where's My Thing?

Show Don't Tell

Lock & Key

Subdivisions

Jacob's Ladder

Limelight

-intermission-

Caravan

Hemispheres Prelude

Freewill

By-Tor & The Snowdog

(New Song)

Middletown Dreams

Red Sector A

Drum Solo

Broon's Bane / The Trees

Xanadu

Closer To The Heart

Clockwork Angels (title track)

La Villa Strangiato

Tom Sawyer

Encore:

A Farewell to Kings

Fly By Night

....would be flippin' SWEET! 1022.gif

Edited by ALifeson85

This thread is hilarious.

Here's what will really happen:

Some of the first set S&A material will be swapped with stuff from the new album.

A couple of the other songs, like Time Stand Still or Presto, will be swapped for The Trees or another obscurity, like Ghost of a Chance.

The 2nd set will remain intact from this tour.

They don't spend as much as they did on set decoration and new videos just to trash them all a few months later for a radical departure.

QUOTE (shabadoo25 @ Oct 8 2010, 08:27 AM)

Some of the first set S&A material will be swapped with stuff from the new album.

A couple of the other songs, like Time Stand Still or Presto, will be swapped for The Trees or another obscurity, like Ghost of a Chance.

They don't spend as much as they did on set decoration and new videos just to trash them all a few months later for a radical departure.

This, unfortunately. Clockwork Angels,also sounds like it deals with some sort of influence from time.

So my guess is that all the dec's, Neils Kit, the amps. It's all gonna be here.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Oct 8 2010, 08:37 AM)

This, unfortunately. Clockwork Angels,also sounds like it deals with some sort of influence from time.

I kinda agree, to an extent. I'm sure we won't see a MAJOR revamp in the setlist. Just look at the '08 leg of SNakes & Arrows. The "revamp" then was swapping out 4 songs...3 staples (The Trees, Red Barchetta, 2112 Overture/Temples) and 1 rarity (Ghost of a Chance).

I can see at LEAST 75%-80% of the current setlst staying intact for the next tour. But who knows...i'm still seeing them again next summer! yes.gif

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Oct 8 2010, 08:48 AM)

I kinda agree, to an extent. I'm sure we won't see a MAJOR revamp in the setlist. Just look at the '08 leg of SNakes & Arrows. The "revamp" then was swapping out 4 songs...3 staples (The Trees, Red Barchetta, 2112 Overture/Temples) and 1 rarity (Ghost of a Chance).

I can see at LEAST 75%-80% of the current setlst staying intact for the next tour. But who knows...i'm still seeing them again next summer! yes.gif

Me, too, since if they follow the 07/08 pattern, I will just have to drive across town to see them vs. driving an hour last Friday.

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Oct 8 2010, 08:48 AM)

i hope your wrong.

QUOTE (shabadoo25 @ Oct 8 2010, 07:27 AM)

You're on crack if you think they're going to play all of Moving Pictures - i.e. the second set - again next year. Yes, they'll likely keep the major set pieces because they go along with the steampunk theme of Clockwork Angels. But the music will be vastly different than the Time Machine tour. Of the 24 tracks they played, it's nearly a given that half of them will be different, and it's likely that upwards of 60-70% of the setlist will be different.

The videos will all be different. It's a Clockwork Angels tour, the Time Machine videos won't make any sense.

Edited by danielmclark