NHL 2010-11 season

blackhawkrush

I know we have a few days before Carolina-Minnesota at 12et on Thursday, so untill all the T common001.gif O common001.gif E common001.gif W common001.gif S and K 653.gif A 653.gif N 653.gif E stuff begins, I just wanted to find out who you think will win the Cup in 2011. We can all compare notes afterwards. trink39.gif

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you expect your Hawks to take it, just like expect the BRUINS to win it all. It's well overdue in that it'll be 40 years in 2 years!

QUOTE (g under p @ Oct 3 2010, 08:09 PM)
I'm sure you expect your Hawks to take it, just like expect the BRUINS to win it all. It's well overdue in that it'll be 40 years in 2 years!

I tried to hold my prediction as long as possible because of the pain involved but I think it will be the Washington Capitals. 16ton.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Oct 3 2010, 08:16 PM)
QUOTE (g under p @ Oct 3 2010, 08:09 PM)

I tried to hold my prediction as long as possible because of the pain involved but I think it will be the Washington Capitals. 16ton.gif

The CAPITALS.....I just moved from the DC Metro area down here to Florida and just can't see the Caps winning the CUP. That team along with the Wizards and the Verizon/MCI Center are jinxed.

Last year I felt it was going to be the Hawks all the way and I was certainly right. I was very surprised the Bruins reached as far as they did. I hope they can reach as far this year, it takes time to build a team to win it all.

Now the more I think about it barring injuries the Caps could take it, just ANYBODY but the Canadiens and the Penguins.

The Hawks may have too many kids this time around to repeat. I'd love to be wrong but I don't see our stars being able to score enough to compensate for the players we lost in the off season. Hopefully, we'll get a few Niemi-type performances from our youngsters. 1287.gif

Hoping Caps learned from last year's disaster and take it this year. 1022.gif Only thing I am worried about is we are depending on 2 young goalies; I'm sure they will be fine but a veteran backup goalie would be nice. Looking forward to see Carlson break out on the Caps' defence. He will be a good one.

As for the West I think the Kings could surprise alot of people this year.

so yeah...my call is Caps vs. Kings for the mug. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 3 2010, 10:01 PM)
Hoping Caps learned from last year's disaster and take it this year. 1022.gif Only thing I am worried about is we are depending on 2 young goalies; I'm sure they will be fine but a veteran backup goalie would be nice. Looking forward to see Carlson break out on the Caps' defence. He will be a good one.

so yeah...my call is Caps vs. Kings for the mug. unsure.gif

Varlamov will have to get the job done because the rest (Neuvirth or whoever) is not the answer. Something tells me Caps will be shopping for a goalie at the trading deadline. You definitely have enough to sell.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Oct 3 2010, 11:43 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 3 2010, 10:01 PM)
Hoping Caps learned from last year's disaster and take it this year.  1022.gif  Only thing I am worried about is we are depending on 2 young goalies; I'm sure they will be fine but a veteran backup goalie would be nice.  Looking forward to see Carlson break out on the Caps' defence.  He will be a good one.

so yeah...my call is Caps vs. Kings for the mug.  unsure.gif

Varlamov will have to get the job done because the rest (Neuvirth or whoever) is not the answer. Something tells me Caps will be shopping for a goalie at the trading deadline. You definitely have enough to sell.

Actually some scouts think Neuvirth might even be better than Varly. It's a nice situation to have 2 very talented young goalies but to rely on both of them in same season with very high expectations is sure risky. I love Varly but he tends to be too injury-prone for my liking.

Yeah that is the consensus for sure...shop for a goalie at deadline along with a playoff-experienced D-man.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Oct 4 2010, 05:14 AM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Oct 4 2010, 05:51 AM)
Sabres/'Nucks finals

Both their 40th anniversaries this year. Neither have won a cup...

perfect story! laugh.gif

Yeah, if this was WWF. tongue.gif

You mean WWE. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 4 2010, 12:07 PM)
Sabres/'Nucks finals

perfect story! laugh.gif

You mean WWE. tongue.gif

I really meant AWF. old.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Oct 4 2010, 05:58 PM)
Sabres/'Nucks finals

perfect story! laugh.gif

You mean WWE. tongue.gif

Psh... you guys just wait

In 7 months and about 100 pages I will be coming back to this post just to say "I Told ya so" tongue.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Oct 5 2010, 10:35 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Oct 4 2010, 05:58 PM)
Sabres/'Nucks finals

perfect story! laugh.gif

You mean WWE. tongue.gif

Psh... you guys just wait

In 7 months and about 100 pages I will be coming back to this post just to say "I Told ya so" tongue.gif

I couldn't agree with you more, Phil.

Though I've been hearing a lot of Washington beating out Vancouver for the Cup...

Either way, I said it in the Conference Finals last year: expect to see a lot more out of LA and Phoenix. I get the feeling that both teams are gonna explode this year.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Oct 6 2010, 04:39 PM)
NHL teams, for the most part, are beating the best of Europe on this latest tour. 1022.gif Is it safe to say that the Chicago Blackhawks are World Champions? 1022.gif

I think it's a foregone conclusion. wink.gif

laugh.gif