The BSG Old-Fart Classic Rock Trivia Game

The Notorious B.S.G.

OK! Kids! Time to do this again. Let's make it 9 pm Eastern US time, September 19. Look for a new thread at that time in this "Rush Games" Forum. This will be the game itself.

With apologies to our European friends, we're gonna have to make this a night time affair again, here in the states. It's just darn near impossible for me to carve out a few hours of uninterrupted time on my Sunday or Saturday afternoons. And Monday through Friday, they call me the Working Man (I guess that's what I am).

Maybe some time soon, for a future game, we can have a "Euro Bowl" on a weekend afternoon.

Now to start compiling some good questions....

**Edit**

This game will be in the Rush Forum chatroom at 9 PM Tonight Sept. 19. I'll run it until the last question asked prior to 11 PM is answered. None of that midnight stuff this time for me. wacko.gif

**End Edit**

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Sep 16 2004, 12:53 PM)
Another sleepless night!!

BSG, what about commandeering the chat room for the game - It would be easier than continually refreshing and posting in the forum itself??.

In fairness to RR and the other mods, the chat room seems to be working really well.

Sorry for my lateness in replying. Yes, Madra, we've decided to give the chat room a try this time!

So to all you peeps, meet in the chatroom at 9 PM Eastern US time Sunday night, Sept. 19. I'll run it until the last question asked prior to 11 PM is answered. None of that midnight stuff this time for me. biggrin.gif

(Now excuse me because I seriously need to start getting some questions together!) doh.gif

Well last night's game will need to be rescheduled, due to...... conflicting obligations. (Not enough players.) I hung around until 10, concluding that Sunday night may not be good for a lot of folks.

Please watch this space (or one very much like it) for continuing developments.

I'd also like to hear from anyone who feels there's a good chance they will participate in a future game, given the right circumstances. We're going to try to do it in the chatroom, and make it 2, instead of 3 hours. We may even decide a lightning round of 1 hour works best. Please tell us what is the best time for you, (expressed in Eastern US time for simplicity).

I'll keep it in mind when putting the next one together.

Thanks!

Personally, I'd say Friday or Saturday night, because there's no work the next morning. Having said that, I'm sure a lot of people will be going out for the night.

Ideally from my point of view, it would be earlier. 7pm or 8pm EST would be good starting times for me, but I fully appreciate the hassle of trying to get children to bed.

I'd also say to others that the first one was a blast, and the chat room will make it so much easier, so c'mon people, give the man support and lets do this.

biggrin.gif

bumper.gif bumper.gif bumper.gif

So far, BSG has two takers, one in Ireland and one in Germany, both of them whining about the time.

Did the Ryder Cup scare you North Americans that much??????????.

We have a lovely , comfortable chat room and some of the brightest musical brains on the internet on the forum. Let's do this!!!

Archived