Rush Dream Corner!

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#61 2112Oracle

2112Oracle

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, singing, meeting up with new people, hanging with my closest friends, laughing. Oh, and listening to Rush, of course. :P

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

Actually, I had another Rush dream last night.

So, it all started at a meeting with my fictional radio station that I owned, and we were all deciding on who we were going to try to interview during the month of February. We had a great list going: Alice Cooper, Don Dokken, Eddie Van Halen, and, of course, Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson. So, we decided we'd interview Geddy, Alex, and Alice all on one day.
What did we do? We called around to get them all into the studio to do a full on interview with all three. Geddy and Alex were all into it, as well as Alice. Which that was awesome.
They came down to the studio very quickly and we all found ourselves circling a table with microphones and wires all over the place. The sound technicians were testing them out while I talked with the three legends.
Once we got the  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  on the mics, we straigtened ourselves out and put on our headphones.
"Hello, everyone, it's the lovely Oracle. My guests tonight are non other than the lovable Geddy Lee, the talented Alex Lifeson, and the shock rock God Alice Cooper. Hello, guys."
"Hello." They all said in unison.
"So, I would like to start off with this question, how are you all?"
"I'm fantastic," Geddy said as Alex said, "great."
"I'm terrific." Alice chimed in.
"Great to hear, so, you all are now Living Legends, right?" They all nodded and I continued, "Geddy, you were there when Rush was presented the award, and can you tell me how that was?"
"Oh, it was such an honor, I mean, being given this award, after all these years was just awesome. Alex, Neil, and I all talked about this after I had recieved this award and we all were quite shocked by it."
"Yeah, it was just amazing, and I can remember thinking, 'holy crap, I've done this for this long to get this?'." Alex added.
"Alice, you presented this award to them, right?"
"Yes, I did, and it was a great pleasure to give it to them, as I have done an interview with these two fine musicians on my radio show, as you are with us right now."
"And, it is an honor to have gotten you three on my show, as I consider you all to be major heroes of mine," I smiled at them.

Just then, I awoke.

Sponsored Post

#62 2112Oracle

2112Oracle

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, singing, meeting up with new people, hanging with my closest friends, laughing. Oh, and listening to Rush, of course. :P

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:28 AM

Okay, fellow Geddy Gals. I had this dream that I had just remembered from sometime in Winter Break.

I was in a huge Batman craze at about this time, and  I had a dream of Geddy as the Joker that Heath Ledger (RIP) portrayed. And, he looked something like this:
user posted image

And, Alex was the Riddler, and Neil was the classic TV show Penguin. Kahme, if you read this, you were Poison Ivy. I was also Catwoman.

So, just decided I'd post this.

SORRY, A DOUBLE POST!

#63 FoxxiStarr

FoxxiStarr

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1316 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:17 AM

What the Hell are you lot smoking???? z7shysterical.gif  

#64 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts
  • Interests:Rush.....um......Rush.....and.....um.......Rush......oh yeah, and RUSH! Other than that, I play the guitar, sing, love most kinds of music, including country (I sing that professionally), love photography, art, and hockey.

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Feb 4 2011, 09:17 AM)

Nothing...anymore lol  Not for going on 3 years now smile.gif  Strangely enough, I don't remember as much from my dreams now that I'm not.  I think that cool10.gif opens up your Third Eye Chakra allowing for more vivid dreams wink.gif

#65 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts
  • Interests:Well, Rush of course..... Other Prog bands including Genesis, Yes, ELP. Reading, always reading. Stephen King, Carl Hiaasen, any kind of Non-Fiction and, naturally, Neil's books. Collecting; Fenton glass, Frankoma pottery, Disneyland souvenirs. Movies; we have about 300 DVDs. Word puzzles; crosswords and the like. Politics; I'm a writer for a political blog and a proud Progressive.

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Feb 4 2011, 11:27 AM)

Nothing...anymore lol  Not for going on 3 years now smile.gif  Strangely enough, I don't remember as much from my dreams now that I'm not.  I think that cool10.gif opens up your Third Eye Chakra allowing for more vivid dreams wink.gif

Only occasionally... honest! ohmy.gif

And I agree with LM - it does open that third eye. I've had some wonderfully pleasant and vivid dreams after imbibing. But it also tends to make my brain go into overdrive with thinking & creating if I have too much, so I have to be very careful or I end up unable to sleep for being beat to death by the Muse. unsure.gif

cool10.gif  wink.gif  

Edited by HowItIs, 04 February 2011 - 08:17 PM.

#66 CMWriter

CMWriter

I am one to believe in magic

• Members
  • 3398 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, comics, science fiction, and this dumb band. ;)

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:40 AM

I can say with an honest heart and sound mind I've never touched a joint or picked up a alcoholic beverage -- except maybe to bring it to my dad or a guest. And I've never done any drugs ever, for that matter. I have a weak immune system and I'm paranoid about damaging my lungs and.. yeah. Wind instrument player/singer has to take care of her body.

But I have really weird dreams and thoughts anyways. I'm pretty sure if someone read one of my hidden-away-never-to-see-the-light-of-day-again stories they'd ship me off to a mental institution (granted that they didn't know me personally).

Same goes with my dreams. Most normal dream I ever had was making out with some dude in a white room. That dude didn't belong to Rush though. ):

I envy you ladies with your fabulous Rush dreams. Usually I get evil clowns trying to destroy school carnivals, Harry Potter turning everyone into giant man-eating spiders, and Godzilla stomping around Omaha, Nebraska.  

#67 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts
  • Interests:Well, Rush of course..... Other Prog bands including Genesis, Yes, ELP. Reading, always reading. Stephen King, Carl Hiaasen, any kind of Non-Fiction and, naturally, Neil's books. Collecting; Fenton glass, Frankoma pottery, Disneyland souvenirs. Movies; we have about 300 DVDs. Word puzzles; crosswords and the like. Politics; I'm a writer for a political blog and a proud Progressive.

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:32 AM

Christine, do you ever dream entire stories? I do that fairly regularly and always write them down when I wake up.

Your Harry Potter dream might make a good one...  cool.gif  

#68 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts
  • Interests:Rush, endurance cycling, Rush, weightlifting, Rush, music, Geddy Lee, hiking, Rush...oh, you get the idea!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:47 AM

While I have NEVER done any sort of serious drug (closest being a contact high), I have had some good dreams.  I drink on occasion, and apparently I am very entertaining.    cool.gif  

#69 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts
  • Interests:Rush, endurance cycling, Rush, weightlifting, Rush, music, Geddy Lee, hiking, Rush...oh, you get the idea!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:48 AM

I promise, big sis, I not smoking nuttin'!!   rofl3.gif  

#70 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Feb 5 2011, 12:40 AM)
I can say with an honest heart and sound mind I've never touched a joint or picked up a alcoholic beverage -- except maybe to bring it to my dad or a guest. And I've never done any drugs ever, for that matter. I have a weak immune system and I'm paranoid about damaging my lungs and.. yeah. Wind instrument player/singer has to take care of her body.

But I have really weird dreams and thoughts anyways. I'm pretty sure if someone read one of my hidden-away-never-to-see-the-light-of-day-again stories they'd ship me off to a mental institution (granted that they didn't know me personally).

Same goes with my dreams. Most normal dream I ever had was making out with some dude in a white room. That dude didn't belong to Rush though. ):

I envy you ladies with your fabulous Rush dreams. Usually I get evil clowns trying to destroy school carnivals, Harry Potter turning everyone into giant man-eating spiders, and Godzilla stomping around Omaha, Nebraska.

Alcohol is the strongest drug that I have ever indulged in.  Interesting dreams, but I don't find them to be more vivid.   confused13.gif

Guess I gotta smoke pot to have the good ones (funny, taking something to make you enjoy the time that you are asleep laugh.gif )  but until it is legal, I will quietly resist.  cool.gif  

#71 The Lost Xanadu

The Lost Xanadu

The Seeker

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:32 AM

I guess I could say I had a sort Rush dream last night.  I don't remember alot if it but it consisted of me going to Chuck E Cheese with my dad (for those who are not familar with Chuck E Cheese, its basically a place for kids to play around in tubes and slides and a ball pit and theres pizza and an arcade lol) and playing some games and watching some lady perform then we went home and somehow my dad went missing and Alex was there to comfort me  laugh.gif.  

It was completely random and thats basically all I remember from it or the key points if you will.

#72 NobodysHeroine

NobodysHeroine

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1770 posts
  • Interests:Tolkien, Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Supernatural, and more to come...

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

I've never touched alcohol or drugs and have no intention ever to, but my dreams are messed up. It seems no dream of mine is normal. Funny thing is, I refer to it as my subconscious being on drugs. My dreams ride the passage to Bangkok. laugh.gif

No drugs of any kind for me. I'm smarter than that. My conscious mind doesn't take drugs, but I think my subconscious mind does. I have no idea how that works. wacko.gif

#73 CMWriter

CMWriter

I am one to believe in magic

• Members
  • 3398 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, comics, science fiction, and this dumb band. ;)

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Feb 5 2011, 05:32 AM)
Christine, do you ever dream entire stories? I do that fairly regularly and always write them down when I wake up.

Your Harry Potter dream might make a good one...  cool.gif

Usually I start right in the middle of the action and then wake up right before the ending. So I never know how the story's supposed to end. It's absolutely terrible.

Ooomigawwwd but the Harry Potter one was traumatizing.
I had it when I was... ten or something.
I steered clear of any HP book for at least a week.  

#74 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Feb 5 2011, 10:15 AM)

Your Harry Potter dream might make a good one...  cool.gif

Usually I start right in the middle of the action and then wake up right before the ending. So I never know how the story's supposed to end. It's absolutely terrible.

How frustrating!  eh.gif

I do it fairly often. Last night, I dreamt about the life of a baseball player. I'm not a baseball fan but, there it was - his whole story, with details and little incidents and family/friends.... Sometimes I wonder if my mind travels to other dimensions or realities while I'm asleep. I'm fascinated with string theory and stacked dimensions and so forth. Some very interesting stuff, there. A bit mind-blowing, though!  unsure.gif  

#75 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts
  • Interests:Rush.....um......Rush.....and.....um.......Rush......oh yeah, and RUSH! Other than that, I play the guitar, sing, love most kinds of music, including country (I sing that professionally), love photography, art, and hockey.

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Feb 5 2011, 05:59 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Feb 5 2011, 10:15 AM)

Your Harry Potter dream might make a good one...  cool.gif

How frustrating!  eh.gif

I do it fairly often. Last night, I dreamt about the life of a baseball player. I'm not a baseball fan but, there it was - his whole story, with details and little incidents and family/friends.... Sometimes I wonder if my mind travels to other dimensions or realities while I'm asleep. I'm fascinated with string theory and stacked dimensions and so forth. Some very interesting stuff, there. A bit mind-blowing, though!  unsure.gif

Are you, by any chance, a believer in past lives?

#76 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Feb 5 2011, 04:29 PM)

I do it fairly often. Last night, I dreamt about the life of a baseball player. I'm not a baseball fan but, there it was - his whole story, with details and little incidents and family/friends.... Sometimes I wonder if my mind travels to other dimensions or realities while I'm asleep. I'm fascinated with string theory and stacked dimensions and so forth. Some very interesting stuff, there. A bit mind-blowing, though!  unsure.gif

Sure am! But what with string theory and all, time might not be linear so... parallel lives are a possibility, too. Whatever it actually IS I have had several experiences.  

I take it that you do, too?  cool.gif  

#77 x_analog_kid_x

x_analog_kid_x

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, painting, reading, costume designing/creating.

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:16 AM

Amazingly, I've never done drugs to influence these. These dreams [the weirdest I've actually never bothered to put on here] are the result of ice cream before bed, I swear. laugh.gif

#78 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Feb 6 2011, 05:24 AM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Feb 5 2011, 04:29 PM)

I do it fairly often. Last night, I dreamt about the life of a baseball player. I'm not a baseball fan but, there it was - his whole story, with details and little incidents and family/friends.... Sometimes I wonder if my mind travels to other dimensions or realities while I'm asleep. I'm fascinated with string theory and stacked dimensions and so forth. Some very interesting stuff, there. A bit mind-blowing, though!  unsure.gif

Sure am! But what with string theory and all, time might not be linear so... parallel lives are a possibility, too. Whatever it actually IS I have had several experiences.  

I take it that you do, too?  cool.gif

Oh, absolutely! smile.gif

#79 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:55 PM

I had one last night, but I could barely remember it when I woke up...the only thing I remember is that it didn't have the guys themselves in it, it was more like I was reading something about them or looking at pics or albums or some such...maybe I'll go back to it tonight!

#80 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:42 PM

This time I had a Rush dream as part of a larger dream where I was sewing a stuffed animal and ended up putting his legs on backwards! doh.gif But I digress. A bunch of people were gathered, and I think Geddy and Alex were there, but I distinctly remember my boyfriend giving Neil a copy of an album by a band we followed heavily before I got into Rush. Neil took it from him and said "Thanks" with a tone of "sure, whatever".

I think my boyfriend's telling me he doesn't like Rush as much as the other band the other day had something to do with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users