Rush Dream Corner!

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#41 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts
  • Interests:Rush.....um......Rush.....and.....um.......Rush......oh yeah, and RUSH! Other than that, I play the guitar, sing, love most kinds of music, including country (I sing that professionally), love photography, art, and hockey.

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (2112Oracle @ Jan 28 2011, 06:25 PM)
I had one last night, guys! It was awesome!

Okay...I shall tell it.

I was sitting in my room, doing my homework and listening to Test For Echo when my cell phone went off. I looked to see who it was, and it was my favorite ever radio station. I paused TfE to answer it. The lady said I had won Rush tickets for that night when my dad and I already had some. We decided to give those to my cousins, who were wanting to go, but couldn't. At that moment, my dad came home and I told him to drop off his things to go get them. He did so and we drove to the station.
That's where we saw Him...Geddy freakin' Lee. My jaw dropped and I was like, "dad, there's Geddy." My dad nodded and he smiled and said, "go ahead and say hi, and give me your cell, so, if you ask him for a picture, I can take it for you."
I gave my dad my cell and walked up to Geddy. He turned at me and smiled, "hi there." My heart was beating like a bass drum at this point and I said back, "hi." I laughed nervously and looked into Geddy's deep green eyes. His eyes also locked into mine. I asked him, "would it be okay if my dad took a picture of us together?" He nodded and my dad walked up and shook Geddy's hand, "thank you for doing this." "No problem," Geddy said back to my dad.
I stood next to Geddy and placed a hand on his right shoulder. Right then, and there, I felt his hair on my arm. I took a deep breath and calmed myself down. Geddy then placed his arm around my waist. I suddenly felt lightheaded. I smiled for the picture and my dad took it.
"Th-th-thank you." I said, studdering. "You're very welcome, now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get ready for the show tonight. Are you going to be there?" He asked me. I nodded, still staring at all of him. He smiled and asked me for my name. "Courtney." "Courtney..." He repeated to himself.

Then, I awoke....

rage.gif Damn you, reality!

I would've loved that dream to be true...

Geddy saying my name.... wub.gif

I seriously wish I had the means to develop a Dream Recorder for dreams like this.  Ones you can sit and watch over, and over....and over again to your hearts content.  There are many dreams I've had about them that I wish I could relive (so-to-speak), or even just watch again so that I can properly analyze them and see if there were parts I missed or couldn't remember!!

Nice dream Court!  You REALLY have to love dreams like that!

Sponsored Post

#42 2112Oracle

2112Oracle

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, singing, meeting up with new people, hanging with my closest friends, laughing. Oh, and listening to Rush, of course. :P

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jan 28 2011, 04:30 PM)

Okay...I shall tell it.

I was sitting in my room, doing my homework and listening to Test For Echo when my cell phone went off. I looked to see who it was, and it was my favorite ever radio station. I paused TfE to answer it. The lady said I had won Rush tickets for that night when my dad and I already had some. We decided to give those to my cousins, who were wanting to go, but couldn't. At that moment, my dad came home and I told him to drop off his things to go get them. He did so and we drove to the station.
That's where we saw Him...Geddy freakin' Lee. My jaw dropped and I was like, "dad, there's Geddy." My dad nodded and he smiled and said, "go ahead and say hi, and give me your cell, so, if you ask him for a picture, I can take it for you."
I gave my dad my cell and walked up to Geddy. He turned at me and smiled, "hi there." My heart was beating like a bass drum at this point and I said back, "hi." I laughed nervously and looked into Geddy's deep green eyes. His eyes also locked into mine. I asked him, "would it be okay if my dad took a picture of us together?" He nodded and my dad walked up and shook Geddy's hand, "thank you for doing this." "No problem," Geddy said back to my dad.
I stood next to Geddy and placed a hand on his right shoulder. Right then, and there, I felt his hair on my arm. I took a deep breath and calmed myself down. Geddy then placed his arm around my waist. I suddenly felt lightheaded. I smiled for the picture and my dad took it.
"Th-th-thank you." I said, studdering. "You're very welcome, now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get ready for the show tonight. Are you going to be there?" He asked me. I nodded, still staring at all of him. He smiled and asked me for my name. "Courtney." "Courtney..." He repeated to himself.

Then, I awoke....

I seriously wish I had the means to develop a Dream Recorder for dreams like this.  Ones you can sit and watch over, and over....and over again to your hearts content.  There are many dreams I've had about them that I wish I could relive (so-to-speak), or even just watch again so that I can properly analyze them and see if there were parts I missed or couldn't remember!!

I would totally own one of those "Dream Recorders". Then again, some I may not want to really have around. I'd probably burn those ones.

heart.gif Yes, those I really love. Especially when you hear your biggest celebrity crush ever say your name.

Thank you for the comment, LM.  biggrin.gif  

#43 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts
  • Interests:Well, Rush of course..... Other Prog bands including Genesis, Yes, ELP. Reading, always reading. Stephen King, Carl Hiaasen, any kind of Non-Fiction and, naturally, Neil's books. Collecting; Fenton glass, Frankoma pottery, Disneyland souvenirs. Movies; we have about 300 DVDs. Word puzzles; crosswords and the like. Politics; I'm a writer for a political blog and a proud Progressive.

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

Boy, we've got it bad, don't we? Thank goodness for dreams........  wub.gif  b_sigh.gif  biggrin.gif

Found your stamp on.... um... deviant Art(?)  Lakeside. I really like it. Thanks for allowing it to be used.  smile.gif  

#44 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts
  • Interests:Rush.....um......Rush.....and.....um.......Rush......oh yeah, and RUSH! Other than that, I play the guitar, sing, love most kinds of music, including country (I sing that professionally), love photography, art, and hockey.

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (2112Oracle @ Jan 28 2011, 08:22 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jan 28 2011, 04:30 PM)

Okay...I shall tell it.

Then, I awoke....

I would totally own one of those "Dream Recorders". Then again, some I may not want to really have around. I'd probably burn those ones.

heart.gif Yes, those I really love. Especially when you hear your biggest celebrity crush ever say your name.

Thank you for the comment, LM.  biggrin.gif

There's definitely dreams that I don't want to remember, those involving drowning mostly, and any dream where I get separated from my son.  But there are many dreams I have that I absolutely need to have analyzed...there's so much going on in my subconscious, and I have a deep need to understand what's going on!  

Yeah, hearing him say your name in Dreamland is really wonderful - but nothing could compare to hearing it in real life.  I envy my Rushian Sisters who have been lucky enough to meet him and even get hugged by him (*cough* Jamie and Petie *cough*)...I hope someday to get to meet him (and Al too heart.gif)

You're very welcome for the comment! smile.gif

#45 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jan 28 2011, 08:35 PM)
Boy, we've got it bad, don't we? Thank goodness for dreams........  wub.gif  b_sigh.gif  biggrin.gif

Found your stamp on.... um... deviant Art(?)  Lakeside. I really like it. Thanks for allowing it to be used.  smile.gif

lol yeah I'd say so LOL  I love when I have my Ged-Dreams heart.gif  Just takes fantasy to another level, much more personal.  Like I said to Courtney, I really wish there was a dream recorder in existence....

you're very welcome - it threw me off for a second to see it in your signature, I wasn't expecting it LOL

#46 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts
  • Interests:Rush, endurance cycling, Rush, weightlifting, Rush, music, Geddy Lee, hiking, Rush...oh, you get the idea!

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jan 29 2011, 03:11 AM)
I envy my Rushian Sisters who have been lucky enough to meet him and even get hugged by him (*cough* Jamie and Petie *cough*)

Hey...how did you know I hugged Geddy?   z7shysterical.gif  z7shysterical.gif  

#47 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jan 29 2011, 04:38 AM)
I envy my Rushian Sisters who have been lucky enough to meet him and even get hugged by him (*cough* Jamie and Petie *cough*)

If you didn't, given the opportunity, I would think there was something not quite right with you lol laugh.gif laugh.gif  

I sure as hell would! firedevil.gif

It would kinda go like this:

LSM: Can I give you a hug?

Geddy: Sure.

Geddy: Um...do you think you could let go now?

LSM: ....um....   ...  I don't think I can...

laugh.gif

#48 NobodysHeroine

NobodysHeroine

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1770 posts
  • Interests:Tolkien, Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Supernatural, and more to come...

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jan 29 2011, 02:20 PM)
If you didn't, given the opportunity, I would think there was something not quite right with you lol laugh.gif laugh.gif  

LSM: ....um....   ...  I don't think I can...

laugh.gif

I wonder what Ged's reaction would be if I were at a Meet and Greet and asked to kiss him. lips.gif laugh.gif

Even just a peck to the cheek. That would be beyond awesome. blush4.gif

I wouldn't be able to let go, either, LakesideMaiden. wub.gif

#49 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25526 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:19 PM

Has anyone fallen asleep whilst listening to Rush . . .and then had a Rush dream?  (I haven't - just wondered if it happens with any frequency).  

#50 CMWriter

CMWriter

I am one to believe in magic

• Members
  • 3398 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, comics, science fiction, and this dumb band. ;)

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 29 2011, 04:19 PM)
Has anyone fallen asleep whilst listening to Rush . . .and then had a Rush dream?  (I haven't - just wondered if it happens with any frequency).

I have! But only because I fall asleep to music - usually Rush - and then occasionally I'll be graced with a dream.

#51 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:38 PM

Well, I wasn't as lucky as you ladies to have a dream with the boys in it, but it must have been a good few nights for Rush-related dreams. I found myself in a store that had all kinds of natural products - everything from furniture to health food to herbal medicine. Oddly, one of the clothing items they had was a Rush hoodie that looked a lot like my own, only roomier and made out of fleece! I was debating whether I should buy it, given that it looked so much like the one I have.

I think I had this dream because x_analog_kid_x posted a link on Twitter to a black Rush hoodie at Hot Topic that I WOULD like to have.

#52 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jan 29 2011, 04:38 AM)

laugh.gif

I dunno lol  I think he would allow a peck on the cheek if you phrased it as such.  I know of a few ladies who would give a well timed cheek turn to try to catch it on the lips though lol

#53 IChoseFreeWill

IChoseFreeWill

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 918 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:54 AM

Last night I dreamt that I was at someone's house party. And that Geddy Lee was there. And that I was holding some bass guitar. And that he was not happy at me because one string in the bass guitar snapped. He fixed it, though.

That was just one part of one huge long dream. Part of it I was the protagonist, such as when I went to this ballet school/gym and some boy who comes to the library was there (but not his siblings, who are always with him). And part of it I was the spectator- let's just say I was watching Voltron last night before going to bed.  

#54 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts
  • Interests:Rush, endurance cycling, Rush, weightlifting, Rush, music, Geddy Lee, hiking, Rush...oh, you get the idea!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Jan 29 2011, 04:52 PM)

laugh.gif

I wonder what Ged's reaction would be if I were at a Meet and Greet and asked to kiss him. lips.gif laugh.gif

Even just a peck to the cheek. That would be beyond awesome. blush4.gif

I wouldn't be able to let go, either, LakesideMaiden. wub.gif

My friend Petie asked to give him a kiss on the cheek and he was all for it.  Then, for the photo, she threw her arms around his waist and he smiled and put his arm around her shoulder.  Anyone who is friends with her on Facebook know this photo well.  wink.gif

I was in such shock of being so close to him that I couldn't work up the nerve to ask to kiss his cheek.  sad.gif   Next time, though... yes.gif

And, I might even give that cute little tush of his a pinch...

#55 NobodysHeroine

NobodysHeroine

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1770 posts
  • Interests:Tolkien, Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Supernatural, and more to come...

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jan 30 2011, 08:43 AM)
My friend Petie asked to give him a kiss on the cheek and he was all for it.  Then, for the photo, she threw her arms around his waist and he smiled and put his arm around her shoulder.  Anyone who is friends with her on Facebook know this photo well.  wink.gif

I was in such shock of being so close to him that I couldn't work up the nerve to ask to kiss his cheek.  sad.gif   Next time, though... yes.gif

And, I might even give that cute little tush of his a pinch...

If I got that opportunity, I would be ecstatic. I'd run out of the room yelling, "Oh, my God! I kissed Geddy Lee!!!" Then I'd faint. laugh.gif

Oh, Ged, the thought of it makes me blush4.gif like crazy. I can only imagine Geddy and Alex's faces if they saw that. Alex would be like, "Whoa, Dirk. You've still got it. Still gettin' girls even when you're pushin' sixty." tongue.gif

He just has that effect on women. biggrin.gif

#56 x_analog_kid_x

x_analog_kid_x

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, painting, reading, costume designing/creating.

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:16 AM

The closest I got to having a Rush dream last night was when my friend Jesse kept talking to me about the "only seats we could afford" for the Rush show were ones in "Section 800."

Which makes absolutely no sense, considering I'm not paying for tickets this year, and there IS no such thing as Section 800 in the venue we're going to. laugh.gif

#57 21xanadu12

21xanadu12

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, traveling

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:49 AM

So I just woke up from-I think-my first Rush dream. Sad, I know. But anyway, I was having one of those weird dreams that never make any sense at all. It turned into me being in this room with Geddy and this photographer. I remember that the camera was a Nikon.  tongue.gif  Geddy was doing all of these poses and he did a karate move, breaking the camera. It exploded. Geddy was like "Oh, crap!" and the photographer went to a back room to get another camera. Geddy felt bad about the camera, so I gave him a hug. I actually thought I could feel him, too! But in the middle of the hug, my alarm went off.  banghead.gif  

#58 IChoseFreeWill

IChoseFreeWill

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 918 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

Better than a dream- this happened to me today.

I was teaching a computer class. They asked me to show them my Facebook profile- so I did. In my top 5 music, there is Rush. A lady asked me "You like Rush?". And I replied "Yes, I do". She said "you are too young to like Rush" (I am 33, but look MUCH younger). Then a gentleman said "Yes, Rush. 2112". And then I said "Well, I went to see them in concert last October when they came here".

I am still a bit surprised that he mentioned 2112 rather than Tom Sawyer. Though my faves are Freewill and Limelight, I would expect most civilians to recognize Tom Sawyer first.

And no, I did not tell them about my iPod named Geddy Lee and its charger named Superconductor. Nor about my antics on this forum.  

#59 realomind

realomind

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 530 posts
  • Interests:yes, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Genesis, Captain Marryat, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, The Police, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Brand X, Steely Dan, Zappa, Beefheart, The Tragically Hip, White Zombie, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, STP, Eels, Helmet, Prong, Beatles, Supertramp, Hendrix, Cream, Stevie Winwood, Traffic, RHCP, FNM, Primus, Blind Faith, John Mayall, The Stooges, Danzig ...

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:26 AM

Had another Neil-related dream (the best kind!  wub.gif ), just before I woke up this morning. There's not much to it, that I can remember at least.
We were in what seemed like an airport, with crowds of people everywhere and long rows of seats like you get in departure lounges, next to the big windows looking out on to where the planes usually are.  

Neil and I were together, not sure if we were anything more than friends in the dream but there was some flirtiness going on lol.  So Neil was off trying to get some things taken care of, navigating the crowds and trying to deal with people that recognised him.  Meanwhile i'm sitting on the seats by the windows just watching all of this feeling quite proud that he's actually with me! eyesre4.gif  laugh.gif  

So eventually he gets done and he comes over and sits down next to me (he's wearing the red,white and black jacket he sometimes has on when he's riding) and leans into me in a sorta playful "i've got a bone to pick with you" kinda way and says "Hey, you didn't vote for me in Best Drummer!"  I then proceeded to get a bit flustered after much teasing and then I woke up lol. Felt quite happy with myself though!
Pretty random as usual but i'm not complaining.

#60 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts
  • Interests:Well, Rush of course..... Other Prog bands including Genesis, Yes, ELP. Reading, always reading. Stephen King, Carl Hiaasen, any kind of Non-Fiction and, naturally, Neil's books. Collecting; Fenton glass, Frankoma pottery, Disneyland souvenirs. Movies; we have about 300 DVDs. Word puzzles; crosswords and the like. Politics; I'm a writer for a political blog and a proud Progressive.

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:22 AM

Hey, random is the best kind....  laugh.gif

I had a vague one last night... all I can remember is that Geddy was in it - but nothing untoward was going on, Ged Gals, don't worry. I think I was going to interview him... it was something business-y.  confused13.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users