Rush Dream Corner!

2112Oracle

I thought that this would be an amazing topic to discuss, since we all have to dream, and we all love one or all the members of Rush. What about combining them?

Here's a good start(this is a real dream from two nights ago):

I won a Meet & Greet from my fave radio station, 94.1 KZRR to meet Alex and Geddy.

As my mother and I was in line to get the pics done, my heart was going a million miles per hour.

"You two may go," a security man said.

I was so scared and shook Alex's hand, and then proceeded to do the same with Geddy. I told him, "I'm completely new to this, any pointers?"

He said, "just stand there and look pretty. That shouldn't be too hard for you." He winked and we posed for the pic. I gave Geddy a last hug and started to walk away.

I started to hyperventilate and then fainted. I could hear only voices.

Geddy said, "oh my God, is she okay?"

My mom said, "I have no idea."

Geddy kneeled above me and put my head in his lap, he called 911 for me.

After he did that, he brushed the bangs from my face and petted it, saying, "do not worry, you're going to be safe with me."

How's that for a nice dream?

• Like 6

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Sep 28 2010, 06:55 PM)
I've had the dream where I end up on stage with them a few times... but I've had that dream about a bunch of other bands, too. Can't say I've ever dreamt that I fainted in front of them and had Geddy care for me wink.gif

It's a great feeling, except when you wake up. angry.gif

I have had dreams of performing with them, myself.

Lovely, my dear Courtney. tongue.gif

I don't blame you for fainting after meeting two of the three Rush guys. I'd do the same. biggrin.gif

Oh, you lucky duck. Having Geddy watch over you after you faint. What I would give to be in your place. wub.gif

Why can't my dreams be normal? Why can't they be about Rush? sad.gif

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Sep 28 2010, 07:06 PM)

I don't blame you for fainting after meeting two of the three Rush guys. I'd do the same. biggrin.gif

Oh, you lucky duck. Having Geddy watch over you after you faint. What I would give to be in your place. wub.gif

Thank you, my dear. *bows*

Yes, indeed, fainting after meeting Dirk and Lerxst does seem to be a little abnormal, but, I dunno...

I did promise that I would try to include you into a Rush dream, and I will. I hold to my promises.

biggrin.gif

It just takes a really clear mind and a clear outlook on things. The temptation's there, always, and I found a way around it.

I had a dream a couple of nights ago...... I was late for catching an airplane because I was saying goodbye to Lerxst. In the airport, so not too racy. Just very pleasant. wink.gif

However, after I got on the plane, the dream went downhill fast. eh.gif

QUOTE (2112Oracle @ Sep 28 2010, 07:11 PM)

Yes, indeed, fainting after meeting Dirk and Lerxst does seem to be a little abnormal, but, I dunno...

I did promise that I would try to include you into a Rush dream, and I will. I hold to my promises.

biggrin.gif

It just takes a really clear mind and a clear outlook on things. The temptation's there, always, and I found a way around it.

I have to admit, I fully expected to either break down and cry like a little child or faint when I was standing in front of Geddy. But, I was able to keep my composure, and managed to speak English and everything! tongue.gif

Anyways, I have to admit that most of my dreams are just about Geddy, and they are not fit for mixed conversation... unsure.gif drool1.gif

However, I DID have a Rush nightmare about a week ago regarding the Dallas show. In reality, there was a problem with the shipping of the tickets, so everything was last minute and tickets were misprinted and...yeah, my nightmare was that the tickets weren't there when I got to the venue, and Petie Lee (my friend and fellow Geddy lover who bought the pair of tickets with me) kicked my ass! tongue.gif

I don't blame her...I would have kicked my ass, too!!! tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 29 2010, 05:35 AM)
QUOTE (2112Oracle @ Sep 28 2010, 07:11 PM)

biggrin.gif

I have to admit, I fully expected to either break down and cry like a little child or faint when I was standing in front of Geddy. But, I was able to keep my composure, and managed to speak English and everything! tongue.gif

Anyways, I have to admit that most of my dreams are just about Geddy, and they are not fit for mixed conversation... unsure.gif drool1.gif

However, I DID have a Rush nightmare about a week ago regarding the Dallas show. In reality, there was a problem with the shipping of the tickets, so everything was last minute and tickets were misprinted and...yeah, my nightmare was that the tickets weren't there when I got to the venue, and Petie Lee (my friend and fellow Geddy lover who bought the pair of tickets with me) kicked my ass! tongue.gif

I don't blame her...I would have kicked my ass, too!!! tongue.gif laugh.gif

I wouldn't be so much like you were. I would've cried walking away. The love I have for Geddy is like one where you can't help but think about how he is and what his last thought was, you know? Like what the werewolves in the Twilight Saga do. They Imprint on a person they see right away and want to be with them, make sure they're all good.

I know the kind of dreams you speak about. I occasionally have them myself. wink.gif

Oh, that IS a nightmare. I had one too.

It went like this:

I was in my house, just casually watching VH1 Classic, and they had news of Alex dying, and I started to cry. After I stopped crying, I picked up my electric Fender Strat, and started to play YYZ. I suddenly realized that my playing was exactly like Alex's.

I let go of my guitar and let it drop to the carpet. I looked around and the doorbell rang. Geddy and Neil were outside my door, and they had asked for me. I went with them to the Pavilion here in Albuquerque. I was to play guitar for that show, and I didn't know what the hell was going on. Geddy said that he knew that I was to get Alex's supernatural ability to play the guitar. So, I became the "New Alex" in the band.

The only scary part was Geddy knowing I was to be the new guitarist for Rush.

[i seem to be reviving this thread with this!]

I had a dream the other night that I was a ghost, after being killed in my burning bedroom, and for whatever reason, I was haunting Neil's [enormous] house. He didn't really seem to mind, though, considering he never asked me to leave. Whenever someone knocked on his door, I would answer it and scare them away. I think the strangest thing, however, was that every time Neil spoke, he had a British accent. laugh.gif

That last part was probably due to my watching 8 episodes of a British show [Misfits] earlier that night...Oh well.

The strangest thing has been happening. I'm an Alex girl (for the most part - my eyes do wander on over to the Geddy thread every so often) but I have been having a lot of Geddy dreams lately. Very weird.

*sigh* I haven't had any dreams yet..I keep hoping for some. I know I've had dreams that had someone in it that was like maybe suppose to be Alex or something but my mind never fully registered it but eluded to the fact that it was suppose to be him..if that makes ANY sense at all laugh.gif

Maybe the guys were sending us telepathic messages yesterday (lol!) because I had a dream involving Neil last night too (not that i'm complaining).

One of those frustrating ones where despite my best efforts in the dream I couldn't get to spend much time with him laugh.gif he came by the house where I lived, out in the middle of nowhere --nothing like where I actually live--on a bike (not the BMW, more like an old Triumph or something) with another guy also on a bike (Brutus, Michael ? confused13.gif ). He was there to see someone else I lived with though so I couldn't get to talk to him much. Very weird dream.

ok, jill (aka The Analog Kid) and i were shopping in a strip mall and decided to split up. i somehow ran into Alex Lifeson and flipped out. i had him follow me as i tried to find Jill to show her and guess what? she was with Geddy!

we both became total fangirls and were talking to them. this is where is starts getting weird.

they slowly bacame drunk. i don't remember seeing them drinking anything, but they got drunk. being concerned for their safety i became the designated driver and drove them, all 4 of us, to my house.

at my house we tried to take pictures together, but them being drunk, they kept making stupid faces. at some point Alex went to the bathroom. during this time Geddy asked Jill and I if we would like to go to his house. [DUH!]

weird part #2: next thing we knew we were somewhere in Asia on a mountain covered in green trees in a treehouse kinda thing 200 feet above the ground. there was also a rollercoaster that went EVERYWHERE across the mountain.

Geddy and Alex kept drinking and got more drunk. for some reason Geddy asked me to jump out of the treehouse [did he forget we were 200 feet up?!] so i said "no." this somehow offended him and he ordered jill and i off the treehouse.

weird #3: Jill and i hopped on a hot air balloon that was passing by and left Geddy and Alex to their wine. we ended up on some river ride in an amusement part. [kinda like White Water Rapids or something.]

then i woke up. O_o

• Like 1

OMG a dream with Geddy AND roller coasters? Perfection (well, I'd want him to be on one with me)! *must have this dream *must have this dream*

I think I did have somewhat of a Rush dream a ways back, something about trying to get to a show and being afraid we weren't going to make it in time...guess it was more of a nightmare ohmy.gif

Edited by 1 of the 7

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Sep 29 2010, 04:47 AM)
I had a dream a couple of nights ago...... I was late for catching an airplane because I was saying goodbye to Lerxst. In the airport, so not too racy. Just very pleasant. wink.gif

I remember seeing him shake you warmly by the hand. That was right before he snogged the face off me and then threw me on the baggage carousel and had his wicked way z7shysterical.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Nov 29 2010, 04:23 PM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ Sep 29 2010, 04:47 AM)

I remember seeing him shake you warmly by the hand. That was right before he snogged the face off me and then threw me on the baggage carousel and had his wicked way z7shysterical.gif tongue.gif

Foxxi you're lowering the tone in here!!! I'll have to confiscate your tickets.

I don't know if this counts to be posted here, but my mom had a dream about Rush:

So she and my dad were going to a Rush concert, and in order to get to the concert hall, they had to get through some kind of hotel/ballroom-type place.

Suddenly, my mom was backstage and talking to Neil (lucky S.O.B.) and was very excited about it, but she (suddenly) was told to leave, but she said, "But he said I could stay here!"

And then the rest of her dream was her trying to find her way back to her seat by way of the corridors backstage (kinda like in This is Spinal Tap when they got lost under the stage).

So, yeah.

I never have normal dreams, mine are almost fodder for a sci-fi or fantasy movie!

The one that wasn't weird and Rush-related was one where I was trying to explain to Geddy and Alex how to use my office's phone system and Alex kept saying "But that's stupid! Why can't you do it this way?"

Ged eventually clocked him.

Yesterday I had a dream with Pratt in it. All I can remember is we were watching some animated Rush cartoon and he remarked that he hadn't done the voice for his character. Then he went off to babysit.

Yeah. confused13.gif

My dreams are never normal. They are messed up; why, I don't know. wacko.gif

The one genuine Rush dream I had was of myself and the three Rush guys at the beach. biggrin.gif

I usually don't go to the beach very often, at least once a year. (I burn very easily and my parents are both working most of the year.) For some reason, I was by myself and rather bored, just lying on a towel while reading a book. But out of nowhere, Dirk, Lerxst and Pratt showed up. Clad in a Rush-themed bikini, I ran up to them and took a crapload of pics with them: both individually and the four of us together. Afterward, I was looking through a photo album that I had randomly gotten from nowhere and put all the pictures in, hand-drawn decorative borders included. Mostly, I drooled over pics of shirtless Geddy. Of course. You know me well enough by now. wub.gif

One pic was of me with my arm around Geddy's shoulders and smiling wide like an idiot, barely containing my excitement to be next to and hugging Geddy Lee. Underneath I wrote: "The day I met Geddy Lee. heart.gif"

Last night I had a dream within a dream about Rush.

It featured them singing Caravan. But Caravan was about something else than what it truly is. What was it about? It was about groups of people rushing to places. Such as in Black Friday. Or at school.

Bigger dream involved my taking a very very long standardized test.

A few nights ago, I had an epic Rush dream. I was on stage with Geddy back in the 70s and we were singing a song together. I don't remember which one, but it was probably something from Fly By Night. It was awesome! biggrin.gif

I got to be at least three feet from Geddy, performing a duet with him. The Geddy Lee. wub.gif

The sad thing about Rush dreams: they end. sad.gif

In the words of "2112":

I wish that it might come to pass,

not fade like all my dreams

Damn you, reality. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif