Rush Dream Corner!

2112Oracle

Okay ladies I've had another one couple of nights ago:

I was walking down a street and stopped outside a house that I knew Geddy was in. I walked up the path and knocked on the door. When he answered it I became flustered and couldnt think of anything to say so I apologised for disturbing him and walked away. Suddenly I was at home when there was a knock on the door and when I opened it Geddy was standing there! I invited him in hoping that Gilby would come home soon coz he would love to meet him too. As we were waiting and talking I reached behind me and grabbed hold of my copy of "beyond the lighted stage" and showed it to him. He took it out my hands and signed it without being asked. I said "Wow! I just wanted to show you!" he smiled and said "Its a habit of mine." I woke up at this point. Weird thing though, he was wearing a t-shirt and shorts very similar to ones I used to own! Very vivid too!

Had one last night that developed out of another dream. I was at a show on next year's tour at an outdoor venue that was practically in a jungle. It must have been the first show of the tour, because we found out the guys would be performing an exclusive song live that would NOT be on Clockwork Angels.

I was wandering around the cheap seats looking for people I know on Facebook that are fans of another band. Weird.

Can you tell I'm already thinking ahead? I think it's a combo of looking forward to Rush next year, and some other shows in the next few months.

The night of the Vancouver show, I dreamt of Alex playing in front of me all night. No "story" or anything... just him playing that ES-355. b_sigh.gif wub.gif

At last, I had another Rush dream. But it was in the midst of other strange, unrelated things before and after [no reference intended tongue.gif] the appearance of the Rush dream. wacko.gif

It was of Rush on the Time Machine Tour, when they were still touring. For some reason, the show ended a song short; they didn't play "Working Man." That is so unlike Rush, to not finish a set and to just leave for no good reason. The audience left, too, with no one asking why the band had gone so soon. huh.gif

Other messed up stuff followed, which I can't remember, and eventually I woke. All my dreams are weird, incorporating the most random things, but sometimes things in my life appear. Usually it's school-related. Every once in a while, Rush shows up. laugh.gif

A few nights ago, I dreamt that I saw Geddy and Alex on the street. Geddy was giving away his tour clothing! One of the things he gave to some lucky fan was his grey blazer that he wore years ago. (Does anyone remember which tour that was?) Anyhow, I didn't get there quickly enough, so didn't get any clothing, but I did get to get Alex a big hug. He was there wearing a black leather jacket and looked like a biker. It was like hugging a big teddy bear, and he gave me one of his great smiles, but didn't say anything.

Here's a very short one I had the other day when I was taking a nap, which was weird in itself as I rarely dream when napping.

Anyhoo... I was standing in this white room with some other people when I suddenly took a step backwards and stepped on someone's foot. I turned around and saw it was Alex! I was so shocked I jumped myself awake!

I've been having dreams but not remembering much of them. I know that one or more of the Boys was in it but not more than that. sad.gif

Had a dream last night that Alex was kissing a woman that was tied up. He was some kinda bad guy or something but that's all I remember.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Aug 5 2011, 09:27 PM)
I've been having dreams but not remembering much of them. I know that one or more of the Boys was in it but not more than that.  sad.gif

Aw, I have the same problem. I've had a few Geddy-related dreams over the last week or so, but I don't remember most of the details. It's not good for business! All of my dreams, I should remember those. fists crying.gif

Edited by NobodysHeroine

Last night I had two:

In the first one I was in a large room and the Boys were there. They were each sitting at a desk doing autographs. I decided to queue for Geddy first and the Alex and Neil after that. So I got to Geddy's desk and he askedme to sit next to him. I did so and handed him my autograph book which looked more like a notepad. I tried to stay calm which wasn't easy whilst he wrote in the book. He actually wrote quite a lot but I can only remember the last part. It said "I'm always going to remember that night of the concert, despite how long the tour was" he had beautiful handwriting. I got off the chair, thanked Geddy and said "Is it ok to go to the desk next to you" meaning Alex. He smiled and said "You can wait but he's booked up for autographs til next year!" I looked at Alex table. There was only a couple of people there. Alex heard his comment and laughed. I found a chair slightly away from Alex's desk to sit and wait still trying to compose myself and was going through my handbag when I woke up.

When i fell asleep again the other one i had was shorter. I was at my mums house watching tv and Neil was on it. He was going to make a speech about how important it was for him to stay active. He was standing in a wide outside courtyard and he had a white jacket on. He gave Carry, who had blond hair, (I've never seen a picture of her so I've no idea what she looks like, but my mind told me it was her) a kiss on the cheek and he walked over the mic stand to speak. Then my alarm went off.

See, Alex was getting done with his autographs really fast so he could meet up with me wink.gif laugh.gif

This morning, I had another dream where I hugged Geddy! wub.gif

The strange thing is: it was at some kind of Renaissance fair, during the late 70s. The Rush guys were all dressed up as knights and riding horses. The "knights" then dismounted their horses, walked around the fence and hugged all the women, the fair maidens, if you will. I was in the group, near the end. When Geddy was near me, I immediately hugged him and squealed. biggrin.gif

Right after that is when I woke up. I was like, "Noooooo! I want that dream to continue!" ohmy.gif

Knights in shining armor? wink.gif

I really wish I would have dreams that involved Rush that weren't horrible and creepy.

I had one the other night where Geddy was a homicidal maniac who killed (and kinda ate) my cat. The gory image has not left my mind since.

I really need to stop eating weird stuff before I go to sleep...

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Aug 27 2011, 07:37 AM)
See, Alex was getting done with his autographs really fast so he could meet up with me wink.gif laugh.gif

Well he could have said something! When he turns up you tell him off for mucking me about! wink.gif

QUOTE (x_analog_kid_x @ Aug 28 2011, 09:09 AM)
I really wish I would have dreams that involved Rush that weren't horrible and creepy.
I had one the other night where Geddy was a homicidal maniac who killed (and kinda ate) my cat. The gory image has not left my mind since.
I really need to stop eating weird stuff before I go to sleep...

What exactly had you been eating/drinking before bed? Magic mushrooms? Boot polish? Bleach?

Whatever it was don't eat it! It's not good for business!

I'm off to bed now! Nighty night! Sweet ( 2.gif ) dreams!

Edited by LyndseyG

I've had dreams about Alex playing guitar with me and giving my guitar picks but the best one was me just talking to Neil. Just about life, my grandmas passing, and lyric writing.

I know it would never happen but it ment alot when it happeneds

Here's a weird one. Make of it what you will.

I dreamed I had eye and ear surgery at the same time. And the anaesthesiologist was. . .Neil. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 30 2011, 02:58 PM)
Here's a weird one. Make of it what you will.

I dreamed I had eye and ear surgery at the same time. And the anaesthesiologist was. . .Neil. confused13.gif

That is weird!

Let me think about it see if I can figure it out....

Well, I haven't had a Rush dream in months...and I'm bummin'...but I did have something close the other night. I dreamt I found out another female Rush fan I know from a meetup/on Facebook grew up in the same town I did and visited the same town I did in the summer, where my grandmother lived at that time of year. I don't think either are true, and no boys in the dream. I really need to break this Rush dream dry spell!

Me too. I know I've had a few with the guys in them but I just don't remember them when I wake up. sad.gif

Got a little closer last night...I dreamt that a guy was selling me a Geddy Lee comic book. He kept selling the ones he was telling me about to other people, but it didn't matter because I liked them all and didn't care which I got (and I think I liked the one I ended up with the most)! This must have come from buying a Rush comic book recently. Edited by 1 of the 7

I had a good one recently. My husband, my best friend and I all went to go see Rush in a very small venue (like a tiny club). Apparently, we had won some sort of a contest! Anyhow, midway through the first song, their lighting rig started to act up, and somehow or another they figured that my husband would be the guy to fix it, since their usual lighting guy (Howard, if I have my facts straight) was in Greenwich Village for some reason. While my husband fiddled with the lighting console, the guys started talking to me, and asked me what I did for a living. I said I was a nursing student, and Geddy was like "Really? That's fascinating! Tell me more about that!" They wrote a song about me, because they found me being a nursing student to be that intriguing. I was so bummed when I woke up and figured out it was a dream!!! biggrin.gif