Rush Dream Corner!

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#141 LyndseyG

LyndseyG

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 7717 posts
  • Interests:Reading, movies, knitting, cross stitch, playing my ukulele, the Seattle Seahawks and the New Orleans Saints.

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Aug 27 2011, 07:37 AM)
See, Alex was getting done with his autographs really fast so he could meet up with me wink.gif  laugh.gif

Well he could have said something! When he turns up you tell him off for mucking me about!  wink.gif  

Sponsored Post

#142 LyndseyG

LyndseyG

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 7717 posts
  • Interests:Reading, movies, knitting, cross stitch, playing my ukulele, the Seattle Seahawks and the New Orleans Saints.

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (x_analog_kid_x @ Aug 28 2011, 09:09 AM)
I really wish I would have dreams that involved Rush that weren't horrible and creepy.
I had one the other night where Geddy was a homicidal maniac who killed (and kinda ate) my cat. The gory image has not left my mind since.
I really need to stop eating weird stuff before I go to sleep...

What exactly had you been eating/drinking before bed? Magic mushrooms? Boot polish? Bleach?

Whatever it was don't eat it! It's not good for business!

I'm off to bed now! Nighty night! Sweet ( 2.gif ) dreams!  

Edited by LyndseyG, 28 August 2011 - 05:00 PM.

#143 TheY2k

TheY2k

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Rush, music, graphic design, snow boarding, biking, fishing, adventure, and creating things.

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:48 AM

I've had dreams about Alex playing guitar with me and giving my guitar picks but the best one was me just talking to Neil. Just about life, my grandmas passing, and lyric writing.
I know it would never happen but it ment alot when it happeneds

#144 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25526 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:58 AM

Here's a weird one.  Make of it what you will.

I dreamed I had eye and ear surgery at the same time.  And the anaesthesiologist was. . .Neil.  confused13.gif

#145 LyndseyG

LyndseyG

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 7717 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 30 2011, 02:58 PM)
Here's a weird one.  Make of it what you will.

I dreamed I had eye and ear surgery at the same time.  And the anaesthesiologist was. . .Neil.  confused13.gif

That is weird!

Let me think about it see if I can figure it out....

#146 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:07 PM

Well, I haven't had a Rush dream in months...and I'm bummin'...but I did have something close the other night. I dreamt I found out another female Rush fan I know from a meetup/on Facebook grew up in the same town I did and visited the same town I did in the summer, where my grandmother lived at that time of year. I don't think either are true, and no boys in the dream. I really need to break this Rush dream dry spell!

#147 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts
  • Interests:Well, Rush of course..... Other Prog bands including Genesis, Yes, ELP. Reading, always reading. Stephen King, Carl Hiaasen, any kind of Non-Fiction and, naturally, Neil's books. Collecting; Fenton glass, Frankoma pottery, Disneyland souvenirs. Movies; we have about 300 DVDs. Word puzzles; crosswords and the like. Politics; I'm a writer for a political blog and a proud Progressive.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:35 AM

Me too. I know I've had a few with the guys in them but I just don't remember them when I wake up.  sad.gif  

#148 BethOfSyrinx

BethOfSyrinx

The Seeker

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:20 AM

I had a dream the night before last that a bunch of fans incl me were standing around Geddy in the middle of some street and he gave me an old can of Pepsi from the back of his car. confused13.gif  trink36.gif  

#149 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

Got a little closer last night...I dreamt that a guy was selling me a Geddy Lee comic book. He kept selling the ones he was telling me about to other people, but it didn't matter because I liked them all and didn't care which I got (and I think I liked the one I ended up with the most)! This must have come from buying a Rush comic book recently.

Edited by 1 of the 7, 03 October 2011 - 07:02 PM.

#150 SavageAmy

SavageAmy

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 692 posts
  • Interests:knitting, school, reading, hiking, cooking, baking, watching MST3K, drinking wine, drinking beer, other assorted gerunds and gerund phrases

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:38 PM

I had a good one recently. My husband, my best friend and I all went to go see Rush in a very small venue (like a tiny club). Apparently, we had won some sort of a contest! Anyhow, midway through the first song, their lighting rig started to act up, and somehow or another they figured that my husband would be the guy to fix it, since their usual lighting guy (Howard, if I have my facts straight) was in Greenwich Village for some reason. While my husband fiddled with the lighting console, the guys started talking to me, and asked me what I did for a living. I said I was a nursing student, and Geddy was like "Really? That's fascinating! Tell me more about that!" They wrote a song about me, because they found me being a nursing student to be that intriguing. I was so bummed when I woke up and figured out it was a dream!!!  biggrin.gif  

#151 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 8915 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:02 AM

Wild Rush dream last night (GG might not want to read this...):

I wake up and turn on the radio only to hear first thing that Neil Peart was killed in a motorcycle accident at the intersection of 25/Bypass in Georgetown, KY (where we used to live). I immediately think to hop on TRF but the site has crashed and it's nothing but weird blue graphics.

Somehow I end up hanging out with Geddy & Alex for 3-4 days talking about Neil and playing his various drum kits. We go back to east KY where I grew up and walk up past my old home and end up on a strip mine and throw rocks at some other dudes across a creek (well, Alex was throwing rocks at at them).

Next we are at a couple of redneck dive bars and on the way out we're wearing cowboy hats and everyone is thanking us for coming and is super friendly. The best part is that Geddy has one of those motorcycles with 2 wheels on the back, it's big and YELLOW; Ged drives and I'm sandwiched between he and Alex (that's not very gay). We end up at a house Ged has and sit around and talk about Neil, Alex has to leave for a bit and me & Ged talk about what he's going to do now since his creative juices are really flowing and I tell him that his solo album was great and he should do another one.

I then move on to another dream.  fing.gif  

#152 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts
  • Interests:Well, Rush of course..... Other Prog bands including Genesis, Yes, ELP. Reading, always reading. Stephen King, Carl Hiaasen, any kind of Non-Fiction and, naturally, Neil's books. Collecting; Fenton glass, Frankoma pottery, Disneyland souvenirs. Movies; we have about 300 DVDs. Word puzzles; crosswords and the like. Politics; I'm a writer for a political blog and a proud Progressive.

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:28 AM

I dreamt last night that I was doing some kind of work for the tour... local stuff, I think. Before the show, I was backstage long enough to say "Good morning" (?) to Alex and was rewarded with one of those megawatt smiles. They were playing Time Stand Still when I woke up.  

#153 NobodysHeroine

NobodysHeroine

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1770 posts
  • Interests:Tolkien, Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Supernatural, and more to come...

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:44 PM

I don't recall when I had this dream, but it was several nights ago and the most humorous one I've had so far. The most I can remember is Rush playing a gig, probably on the Time Machine Tour, with a surprise from Alex. He walks onstage in platform shoes, like the ones he, Geddy and Neil wore in the 70s. These ones are silver and have three-inch heels. Loud laughter rises from the audience when they spot Alex's shoes. I believe that this is the point where I woke up. huh.gif

Honestly, I have no idea what inspired that, but it was interesting. laugh.gif

#154 2112Oracle

2112Oracle

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, singing, meeting up with new people, hanging with my closest friends, laughing. Oh, and listening to Rush, of course. :P

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:56 AM

(Oracle takes a breath trying to recuperate from the reading of every dream, since her absence.)

Ged.....I have missed a crap load.

So, what better way to end my hiatus by posting a dream again!?

So, I had this dream that my school was doing auditions for the 2112 Musical they were embarking on. And I remember seeing all my classmates doing their auditions. They all were really good, as far as I knew. And, then the next moment, I hear my teacher yell my name to say it was my turn. I remember going, "what?"
My friend helped me up to the stage and I got up there slowly and did my monologue, which I did the opening lines from the liner notes of 2112 where it says something about the moons being two pale orbs tracing their way across the steely sky. And then my teacher asked, "what musical part are you doing?" I really didn't know what I was going to do for that, so, I said, "Soliloquy". And the song started.
As I ended on a high note, I heard my teacher applaud me and said, "very nice job, Courtney!"
I thanked him and went backstage to get my stuff and walk out to the lobby area of my school's theatre. So, as I was walking out, I turned my head and saw Geddy, Alex, and Neil. And they nodded their heads at me, and Geddy had a smile on his face. I was shocked that I didn't see them before.
So, we waited for about an hour outside in the lobby for all the auditions to be done and for them to cast the musical.
Geddy then came to get us, saying, "all right, everyone, follow back inside."
We all got up and went back in and sat in the first 4 rows.
About ten minutes in, they already announced all the other roles, besides the protagonist, and they hadn't said my name. So I thought, "oh, well, at least I tried."
Then, Geddy said, "and the Protagonist will be played by....Courtney Schnuelle."
I was shocked, and my jaw dropped. Geddy then called me up to the stage to perform 2112 with them. I was just, so surprised.
The moment we were getting into Discovery, I awoke.

I remember screaming when I woke up...XD

#155 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:11 AM

Ah.... nice one Oracle  cool.gif

I had a dream this morning but, dammit, all I can remember now is that it was a lot like the one I posted above ^ except I was actually touring with them. This is one dream I'd love to be a premonition wink.gif

#156 NobodysHeroine

NobodysHeroine

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1770 posts
  • Interests:Tolkien, Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Supernatural, and more to come...

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:21 AM

Believe it or not, my Neil nymph side manifested itself in my latest dream. What I remember is playing the drums for "Free Will" on Neil's amazing 360-degree drum kit. It might have been the Time Machine tour one. 1022.gif

#157 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:23 AM

I dream of playing that kit when I'm wide awake!  biggrin.gif

I had another dream that I was working on the tour. All I can really remember about it is the big smiles from da Boyz  wub.gif  

#158 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:01 PM

So! After a long...LONG...time without a Rush dream, I finally had one! Or, a Geddy dream, I should say. I was in a quaint part of Toronto where I happened to notice that some big event was being staged. Imagine my surprise when I noticed Geddy Lee dressed in some kind of superhero costume (which, of course, he looked amazingly hot in)! Turns out he was going to use some breakthrough technology to fly up and light the Olympic torch in the opening ceremonies! Sadly, I didn't get to interact with him; it was more like I was just watching all this.

The dream then turned to my going inside this apartment where my co-workers were cleaning stuff out that the tenants had left behind. There was a bunch of Rush stuff like stickers and posters, which I got to keep. Sweet, huh? 2.gif  

#159 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:35 AM

Super Geddy!!!!!!

Up, up and da bass!  laugh.gif  

#160 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

Ugh! The last few Rush dreams I've had have been horrible! The first night I had one that Geddy Lee had died. Yeah...I was so glad that wasn't true! What a relief to wake up! But not for long, because the next night I dreamt that Neil was terminally ill and not expected to survive. I feared that Alex would be next, but so far, none about him. So so sad - I don't want to have Rush dreams like this! I have to hope it shows I'm concerned for them...I'm not really worried about them, but maybe I just want them to be all right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users