Rush Dream Corner!

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#121 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts
  • Interests:Well, Rush of course..... Other Prog bands including Genesis, Yes, ELP. Reading, always reading. Stephen King, Carl Hiaasen, any kind of Non-Fiction and, naturally, Neil's books. Collecting; Fenton glass, Frankoma pottery, Disneyland souvenirs. Movies; we have about 300 DVDs. Word puzzles; crosswords and the like. Politics; I'm a writer for a political blog and a proud Progressive.

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:20 AM

Well, children in a dream usually represent some younger version of yourself. So try to think of what she could have represented for you.

The rest... well....  wink.gif

Here's a weird one I had the other night: I dreamt that Neil had rescued a baby and he was getting a lot of attention for it. Of course, he wasn't comfortable with that.... and I think I just figured this one out while I was writing that.  laugh.gif  

Sponsored Post

#122 NobodysHeroine

NobodysHeroine

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1770 posts
  • Interests:Tolkien, Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Supernatural, and more to come...

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:14 PM

Lately, I've had several outright bizarre dreams, but no Rush dreams. Why can't I have a dream like the previous one about Geddy? That would be awesome! tongue.gif

I do not understand my mind. wacko.gif

#123 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts
  • Interests:Well, Rush of course..... Other Prog bands including Genesis, Yes, ELP. Reading, always reading. Stephen King, Carl Hiaasen, any kind of Non-Fiction and, naturally, Neil's books. Collecting; Fenton glass, Frankoma pottery, Disneyland souvenirs. Movies; we have about 300 DVDs. Word puzzles; crosswords and the like. Politics; I'm a writer for a political blog and a proud Progressive.

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:57 AM

Honey, none of us do!  laugh.gif  

#124 LyndseyG

LyndseyG

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 7717 posts
  • Interests:Reading, movies, knitting, cross stitch, playing my ukulele, the Seattle Seahawks and the New Orleans Saints.

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:26 PM

I've had two dreams:
The first one Rush were playing live in my mum's lounge.

The second one my hubby and I were at an outdoor gig. The concert was being held in one field and we were in a campsite in the field next to it. The show had already started and Neil had long hair. We could hear and see it from a distance but the only way to actually get to the gig was by going on waterslides!! It was very vivid!!

#125 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:44 PM

Phew, after a VERY long dry spell, I finally had a Geddy dream last night! I met him briefly before an outdoor show (which I don't even remember the details of). After the show, I noticed he was standing around talking to people at greater length. I wanted to go over and do the same, but realized I wasn't wearing any pants! ohmy.gif Realizing I'd probably never get the chance again, I pulled my shirt down as much as I could so I wasn't walking around in my unmentionables and sauntered on over! I got to give him a hug and tell him I hoped the rest of the tour went well and wished him safe travels. Luckily, he didn't tell me "now go get dressed"! Maybe he would have if I hadn't woken up!

I've heard of people having these dreams where they're undressed in public, and always shook my head, because I've never had one. Figures it'd be in one of my Geddy dreams  blush4.gif

Edit: Forgot to mention that when I hugged Geddy, he was awfully skinny, like worse than back in the 70's. Glad he's filled out in real life.

Edited by 1 of the 7, 26 May 2011 - 09:20 PM.

#126 LyndseyG

LyndseyG

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 7717 posts
  • Interests:Reading, movies, knitting, cross stitch, playing my ukulele, the Seattle Seahawks and the New Orleans Saints.

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:57 PM

Okay ladies I've had another one couple of nights ago:

I was walking down a street and stopped outside a house that I knew Geddy was in. I walked up the path and knocked on the door. When he answered it I became flustered and couldnt think of anything to say so I apologised for disturbing him and walked away. Suddenly I was at home when there was a knock on the door and when I opened it Geddy was standing there! I invited him in hoping that Gilby would come home soon coz he would love to meet him too. As we were waiting and talking I reached behind me and grabbed hold of my copy of "beyond the lighted stage" and showed it to him. He took it out my hands and signed it without being asked. I said "Wow! I just wanted to show you!" he smiled and said "Its a habit of mine." I woke up at this point. Weird thing though, he was wearing a t-shirt and shorts very similar to ones I used to own! Very vivid too!

#127 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:22 PM

Had one last night that developed out of another dream. I was at a show on next year's tour at an outdoor venue that was practically in a jungle. It must have been the first show of the tour, because we found out the guys would be performing an exclusive song live that would NOT be on Clockwork Angels.

I was wandering around the cheap seats looking for people I know on Facebook that are fans of another band. Weird.

Can you tell I'm already thinking ahead? I think it's a combo of looking forward to Rush next year, and some other shows in the next few months.

#128 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:38 PM

The night of the Vancouver show, I dreamt of Alex playing in front of me all night. No "story" or anything... just him playing that ES-355.  b_sigh.gif  wub.gif  

#129 NobodysHeroine

NobodysHeroine

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1770 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:13 AM

At last, I had another Rush dream. But it was in the midst of other strange, unrelated things before and after [no reference intended tongue.gif] the appearance of the Rush dream. wacko.gif

It was of Rush on the Time Machine Tour, when they were still touring. For some reason, the show ended a song short; they didn't play "Working Man." That is so unlike Rush, to not finish a set and to just leave for no good reason. The audience left, too, with no one asking why the band had gone so soon. huh.gif

Other messed up stuff followed, which I can't remember, and eventually I woke. All my dreams are weird, incorporating the most random things, but sometimes things in my life appear. Usually it's school-related. Every once in a while, Rush shows up. laugh.gif

#130 On TheRoad To Adventure

On TheRoad To Adventure

The Seeker

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

A few nights ago, I dreamt that I saw Geddy and Alex on the street.  Geddy was giving away his tour clothing!  One of the things he gave to some lucky fan was his grey blazer that he wore years ago.  (Does anyone remember which tour that was?) Anyhow, I didn't get there quickly enough, so didn't get any clothing, but I did get to get Alex a big hug. He was there wearing a black leather jacket and looked like a biker.  It was like hugging a big teddy bear, and he gave me one of his great smiles, but didn't say anything.

#131 The_Necromancer_77

The_Necromancer_77

Kid Charlemagne

• Members
  • 4811 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:09 PM

I had a dream a couple days ago I met Alex...and he gave me a bunch of RUSH shirts but they all happened to have him on them  wink.gif  

#132 LyndseyG

LyndseyG

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 7717 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:40 PM

Here's a very short one I had the other day when I was taking a nap, which was weird in itself as I rarely dream when napping.

Anyhoo... I was standing in this white room with some other people when I suddenly took a step backwards and stepped on someone's foot. I turned around and saw it was Alex! I was so shocked I jumped myself awake!

#133 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

I've been having dreams but not remembering much of them. I know that one or more of the Boys was in it but not more than that.  sad.gif  

#134 LyndseyG

LyndseyG

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 7717 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:17 AM

Had a dream last night that Alex was kissing a woman that was tied up. He was some kinda bad guy or something but that's all I remember.

#135 NobodysHeroine

NobodysHeroine

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1770 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Aug 5 2011, 09:27 PM)
I've been having dreams but not remembering much of them. I know that one or more of the Boys was in it but not more than that.  sad.gif

Aw, I have the same problem. I've had a few Geddy-related dreams over the last week or so, but I don't remember most of the details. It's not good for business! All of my dreams, I should remember those. fists crying.gif

Edited by NobodysHeroine, 06 August 2011 - 11:10 AM.

#136 LyndseyG

LyndseyG

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 7717 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:28 AM

Last night I had two:

In the first one I was in a large room and the Boys were there. They were each sitting at a desk doing autographs. I decided to queue for Geddy first and the Alex and Neil after that. So I got to Geddy's desk and he askedme to sit next to him. I did so and handed him my autograph book which looked more like a notepad. I tried to stay calm which wasn't easy whilst he wrote in the book. He actually wrote quite a lot but I can only remember the last part. It said "I'm always going to remember that night of the concert, despite how long the tour was" he had beautiful handwriting. I got off the chair, thanked Geddy and said "Is it ok to go to the desk next to you" meaning Alex. He smiled and said "You can wait but he's booked up for autographs til next year!" I looked at Alex table. There was only a couple of people there. Alex heard his comment and laughed. I found a chair slightly away from Alex's desk to sit and wait still trying to compose myself and was going through my handbag when I woke up.

When i fell asleep again the  other one i had was shorter. I was at my mums house watching tv and Neil was on it. He was going to make a speech about how important it was for him to stay active. He was standing in a wide outside courtyard and he had a white jacket on. He gave Carry, who had blond hair, (I've never seen a picture of her so I've no idea what she looks like, but my mind told me it was her) a kiss on the cheek and he walked over the mic stand to speak. Then my alarm went off.

#137 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:37 AM

See, Alex was getting done with his autographs really fast so he could meet up with me wink.gif  laugh.gif  

#138 NobodysHeroine

NobodysHeroine

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1770 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:14 AM

This morning, I had another dream where I hugged Geddy! wub.gif

The strange thing is: it was at some kind of Renaissance fair, during the late 70s. The Rush guys were all dressed up as knights and riding horses. The "knights" then dismounted their horses, walked around the fence and hugged all the women, the fair maidens, if you will. I was in the group, near the end. When Geddy was near me, I immediately hugged him and squealed. biggrin.gif

Right after that is when I woke up. I was like, "Noooooo! I want that dream to continue!" ohmy.gif

#139 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:49 PM

Knights in shining armor?  wink.gif  

#140 x_analog_kid_x

x_analog_kid_x

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, painting, reading, costume designing/creating.

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:09 AM

I really wish I would have dreams that involved Rush that weren't horrible and creepy.
I had one the other night where Geddy was a homicidal maniac who killed (and kinda ate) my cat. The gory image has not left my mind since.
I really need to stop eating weird stuff before I go to sleep...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users