Rush

Ru5h F@n

I just read that Neil Peart was born in 1952. So he's 53 now. Geddy and Alex were both born in 1953 so they are 52 now. Wow they're getting up there in their age. I wonder how much longer they're gonna be around for to record?

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 18 2005, 10:46 AM)
Hey, they're the same age as, say, Sammy Haggar. And he's still going. Age is relative, a state of mind. 653.gif

As a forty year old, I completely agree!!! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Cato76 @ Apr 18 2005, 10:02 AM)
They have plenty more years of musicanship left and I hope many more cd's.

AMEN!

none of this - old.gif

only this - 1022.gif

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Apr 18 2005, 02:55 PM)
I just read that Neil Peart was born in 1952. So he's 53 now. Geddy and Alex were both born in 1953 so they are 52 now. Wow they're getting up there in their age. I wonder how much longer they're gonna be around for to record?

Well, when you consider that both John Lee Hooker and Stefan Grapelli were both performing well into their 80s...

Hey, Shro. Waddup? I'm actually from Dallas (North Dallas, Arapaho and Beltline area). Moved to the burbs (Bedford) kicking and screaming when got married. Had shared an appartment at Lovers and Greenville with my sis, right across from The Village. Crazy times. Fun. ***sigh*** fists crying.gif

QUOTE (ChainLightning @ Apr 18 2005, 11:31 AM)
I was born in 1949, so I'm older than the band members. old.gif

And still a fan. That's truly amazing after all these years. Wow such devotion and dedication you fans that I have never seen towards a band before. I'm really speechless.

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Apr 18 2005, 12:29 PM)
Pretty amazing that they are all over 50 and can play better than most bands that are under 30. I think they'll be rockin' forever. yes.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif trink39.gif

LOL yeah and they also are one of the few bands out there anymore that are still playing decent music compared to a lot of the junk on the radio these days.

Being a Rush fan - when you really, truely get the music - holds you for a lifetime. I've had periods where my interest has been diverted and waned. But always, since I was 12, Rush has been the no. 1, top o' the list on my all time favs. I'll be boring my great-grandchildren with stories of how Neil Pert was the greatest drummer ever, and how when I was 13 I would spend hours with my headphones on listening to Moving Pictures.

Me: old.gif "When I was your age, there was a magical band. Their name was Rush....

My great-grandchildren: sarcasm.gif "Take your meds, granny."

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Apr 18 2005, 12:33 PM)
Pretty amazing that they are all over 50 and can play better than most bands that are under 30.  I think they'll be rockin' forever.  yes.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif trink39.gif

LOL yeah and they also are one of the few bands out there anymore that are still playing decent music compared to a lot of the junk on the radio these days.

You bet. There is so much music these days that sucks.

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Apr 18 2005, 12:33 PM)
Pretty amazing that they are all over 50 and can play better than most bands that are under 30.  I think they'll be rockin' forever.  yes.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif trink39.gif

You bet. There is so much music these days that sucks.

I'd say!!!!

Thats our boys laugh.gif

I find men this age to be very...interesting. wink.gif

Oh, and, the older I get, the YOUNGER 51 and 52 seems...

biggrin.gif

As long as the desire to create great music is there, and Geddy, Alex, and Neil want to give back to their fans as they always have, they could put out another series of four CD's (as is their pattern) plus yet another live set, and maybe more.......It all depends on how they feel about their product. If left up to us, they'd play until they were 100! biggrin.gif

Then I was just think of the Superbowl halfime show, Mr. McCartney can still kick it up pretty good for a 62 year old rocker old.gif

2.gif will be Rocking for many more years!!

Archived