Surrealism-Prog-Symes

taniosrushacacio

I've always been a great admirer of surrealism, and I understand that this artistic movement linked with the unconscious, even if not necessarily link with Romanticism, has the ability to thrill even the most stony hearts.

It is breathtaking to see net-watches deformed in a viscous environment multicolored, gigantic animals walking on uneven terrain, grotesque shapes and polygons that can only be concrete without the use of logic.

I do not share the opinion that we should always put "in drawers" phases of the trajectory of Rush, because I still believe that there has always been a progressive content on the line over time career until today. This content relates directly to the surrealism is also well expressed on albums created by Canadian designer Hugh Syme that besides preparing Starman elucidates this content covers the minimalist of "Grace Under Pressure," "Roll the Bones" and "Power Windows" mainly.

If you see on his official site http://www.hughsyme.com/ you will understand what is my point.

What do you think?

Tanios McFly ByNight Acacio

www.mcflybynight.com

<Brazilian Portal for Fans of Rush- soon in english>

Archived