Rush on VH-1

Andrew1

What's up everyone? I haven't been around much lately so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

I remember awhile back when 'Beyond The Lighted Stage' was going to be played on VH-1. There was a lot of talk about it and an episode of Classic Albums: Rush 2112/Moving Pictures was scheduled before the documentary. I'm sure you all remember that it didn't happen that way. For some reason, the Classic Albums episode wasn't played before BTLS.

Anyway....it was just blind luck that I stumbled across it today. I'd forgotten all about it. Of course I was all over it. I didn't want it to end.

I loved it when Terry Brown isolated each member's playing. I remember a documentary on 'Who's Next' where they were doing the same thing. The Entwistle and Moon parts really stood out. I was hearing things I'd never heard before which made the song even better the next time I listened to it. Same with 'The Boys In Brazil'. When they were playing those songs in the background from VT without the vocals. It's hard to describe.

Just wondering if anyone else sees this the same as I do. All I know is that I wish I had that same equipment at home. I would be breaking down all kinds of albums. It would be like hearing them again for the first time. Connecting with the members and music on a whole different level.

Just felt like I needed to share that.

I just thought of something else. I've read in this forum several times that Neil doesn't listen to Rush. If that's the case, then why does he talk so passionately about the music they create and what it means for him as well as the fans? I can't remember his exact quote from the Classic Albums episode but it doesn't sound that way at all. He can't be bullshitting for the camera and fans. I can't see that at all. So what gives? Anyone?

Archived