favorite rush sound?

rushstarboy37

As you can clearly tell through their albums, rush has changed over thh thirty years that they have been playing together and i was wondering what your favorite decade for rush's style of music was.

their earlier 70's stuff was alot different from their 80's stuff and you cane clearly hear a change from their 80's stuff to now.

I was wondering what you guys (and gals) thought was your favorite.

I for one have to say that I am really enjoying the sound that they are making now. the sound from roll the bones to vapor trails. I know their best stuff is in the past, but I really like the sound of their newerstuff that they are making now.

songs like dreamline, one little victory, driven, and secret touch.

they're all really good songs, don't get me wrong though. It wouldn't be the same rush if they didn't have all their classic stuff to play, but i really like the sound they have with these newer songs. I think they're way better live too.

I'd say the '80's are my fave period. Hold Your Fire and Signals are my two most favorite records, plus PeW and MP are stellar. Grace Under Presssure and Power Windows are pretty good too.

I hit all over the map. I'm going to change my mind 8 times before I'm done typing. It depends on my mood I guess. There was a thread a few months back that asked this same question and I chose the 90's (assuming I could pull Presto into the group). You know... I tend to divide their sound not by decade, but by the 4 releases between live albums - that's why I lumped Presto into the 90's group. Tunes like the ones that rushstarboy was mentioning just shine. Such amazing material, and it usually captivates my attention more than the earlier stuff.

This time around though, I have to go with the 80's. I'm in such a groove lately with PEW through P/G. Natural Science, Between The Wheels, and Digital Man have been kicking my ass and I can't get enough of them.

I'll tell you one thing, if they put out something as high caliber as Vapor Trails with the next release -- it may put the "90's" group to shame.

See??? I'm all over the map. laugh.gif and that's the way it SHOULD be.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 18 2005, 08:43 AM)
Mr. Pagano,

you can only pick one decade and that is final! mad.gif

wink.gif pokey.gif

Sheesh!! Tough crowd. laugh.gif

But I did! I picked the 80's.

QUOTE (rushstarboy37 @ Apr 18 2005, 02:36 AM)
As you can clearly tell through their albums, rush has changed over thh thirty years that they have been playing together and i was wondering what your favorite decade for rush's style of music was.

their earlier 70's stuff was alot different from their 80's stuff and you cane clearly hear a change from their 80's stuff to now.

I was wondering what you guys (and gals) thought was your favorite.

I for one have to say that I am really enjoying the sound that they are making now. the sound from roll the bones to vapor trails. I know their best stuff is in the past, but I really like the sound of their newerstuff that they are making now.

songs like dreamline, one little victory, driven, and secret touch.

they're all really good songs, don't get me wrong though. It wouldn't be the same rush if they didn't have all their classic stuff to play, but i really like the sound they have with these newer songs. I think they're way better live too.

I always thought the 80's was the best decade for music. Also it was the introduction to the Synthesizer which made a huge difference in music today.

Well im going to be the first to say that 70s was my favorite era for the 2.gif style. I love the epics, i love the singing, i love the fast guitar work...it was all good! cool.gif

Dont get me wrong, i like the other two styles but the 70's were just awesome for me...

QUOTE (Cygnus_X1 @ Apr 18 2005, 08:07 AM)
Well im going to be the first to say that 70s was my favorite era for the 2.gif style. I love the epics, i love the singing, i love the fast guitar work...it was all good! cool.gif

Dont get me wrong, i like the other two styles but the 70's were just awesome for me...

Wow, my sediments exactly!

I like the range from AFTK through to Power Windows. The earlier stuff I loved for the complexity, Alex's major use of the sus4 and sus9 chords and his solos, which didn't involve holding a chord and strumming really fast.

laugh.gif

If i absolutely had to pick a decade, it would be the 80's. But i almost feel rotten saying that because some of the 70's stuff is just outstanding. i used to say my favorite era was between 76 and 84, but now id have to say that my favorite era is between 76 and 20XX. get the point????

Archived