RUSH

troutman

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Apr 17 2005, 11:45 PM)
I dunno about an entire cd, Peart's words are very moving in his records, VT especially.  I would like to see an instrumental track though.

Well said, but with 2.gif you don't know what to expect confused13.gif Just that it would be different as they alway's seem to "have the upper hand" on what people think they might do next.

troutman trink39.gif

I would love to see/hear an instrumental album, although I too would miss Lee's voice and Peart's lyrics(Which should be published in book form). I just wish they would make a return to the longer song format. Maybe 9 minutes or more? An entire album side maybe? This is ofcourse only a wish.

QUOTE (kylee @ Apr 18 2005, 09:52 AM)
Peart's lyrics(Which should be published in book form).

yes.gif

I think a reason why Rush doesn't do long instrumentals is because Dream Theater does it. I remember Neil saying something about how he didn't like DT in Traveling Music.

I think you'll see Rush with an orchestra before you would see an entire instrumental album.

It is a cool idea, though. It would be possible for them to release a remix instrumental package, along the lines of the music used in The Boys In Brazil.

QUOTE (ChainLightning @ Apr 18 2005, 11:35 AM)
I think you'll see Rush with an orchestra before you would see an entire instrumental album.

It is a cool idea, though.  It would be possible for them to release a remix instrumental package, along the lines of the music used in The Boys In Brazil.

Yeah I know, wishful thinking on my part unsure.gif

troutman trink39.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/jan20041.jpg

Archived