the soundcheck

rushstarboy37

On the Rio doc, there's footage of them playing Closer to the Heart. Also, I have a really crappy sounding boot that's a compilation of soundchecks from the 80s...it has their ONLY ever known performance of Entre Nous. I think Geddy and Neil have said that they always record their jam sessions at soundchecks and sometimes use ideas for new songs.

For the VT tours, I was outside the venues really early (4+ hours) just so I could hear the soundchecks for SF and Concord. At both shows, they played The Trees and Red Sector A (maybe one more too) during the soundchecks. Up to that point, The Trees had not yet been placed in the setlist. At Concord, 3 days before Mt. View (SF), The Trees was played, but it did not show up in the setlist that night. It did however make its debut at the Mt. View show, so that was kinda nice to hear it a couple days before they put it in.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 17 2005, 08:47 PM)
Also, I have a really crappy sounding boot that's a compilation of soundchecks from the 80s...it has their ONLY ever known performance of Entre Nous.

And what would that boot be named?

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 18 2005, 12:07 AM)
Check This Out.

But it's really not worth the trouble...it's comparable in quality to the Carss of Steel boots.

That really sucks. The COS boots are horrible quality. Kind of strange considering it was around five or six years after the COS tour.

QUOTE (By-Tor & the Jazz Bass @ Apr 18 2005, 04:00 PM)
What makes their soundchecks so special & what there known for is that they had a lot of great songs come from their soundchecks. Just the guys jamming around.
2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

I see.

Thats pretty cool. Is there any way to get inside and watch them do the soundcheck before a concert?

There is also the famous 5/17/90 soundcheck from Toronto. It's a video that's roughly 10 minutes in length, and it can be found on DR's "Hometown Magic" DVD release. Nothing mind-blowing happens, but it's cool to have.

At the Wembley show last year, I had to go backstage to collect my Meet n Greet pass. I was taken around the back of the stage itself, to both sides of the stage. During this the boys were on stage doing the soundcheck. They were playing summertime blues or something. I was literally just off stage left and right and about 20 ft away from Ged and Al respectively.

http://img115.exs.cx/img115/581/s1gyahoo.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 18 2005, 05:03 PM)
I have a boot VHS of a 2.gif rehearsal before a show in Hamilton Ontario from RTB tour in 1991...the quality could be better but it is interesting to see them perform pretty much an entire show in front of no audience...

That would be cool to see. yes.gif trink39.gif

Archived