Why more women at Rush Shows

losingit2k

Well there you have it? Why are there more women going to Rush Concerts as of late. It is that your husbands, boyfriends or fathers have introduced you to the group or did you discover them on your own? And if it's the latter during which time period did you discover them?

Inquiry minds want to know?

2.gif

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always knew about them but really started to listen to them in my 30's when I had to drive 2 hours a day to work and back and needed something to listen to that wasn't cheesy bullsh*t!

2.gif = no cheesy bullsh8

I heard Nobody's Hero on the radio back in 1993, and was totally hooked! I had heard their music before, but for some reason, that song really hit me hard, and I never turned back.

No, I didn't have a male in my life introduce me. I fell in love with the music all on my own. Will be going to my 10th Rush concert in Dallas on the 26th!

I, on the other hand, have exposed at least two males (that I know of! tongue.gif ) to Rush: My husband (who liked them, but was never a "fan" until he met me!) and my son Alex. My lil' Lerxst is totally hooked! wub.gif laugh.gif

I am 50 something Canadian female. My teenage son became a big fan a few years back, and slowly woke me up. (Mom, if we listen to your favorites 50% of the time, can we listen to mine too?) He was captured by the complexity of their music and superior mastery each member has with their instrument. Now, I absolutely love them, between my son and me we own all their CDs, most of their DVDs, all of Neil's books, joined TRF, and as a family, we saw them twice this summer. My husband has also become a fan, but not as hardcore as my son and me. I love them, am proud they are fellow Canadians, and made sure i purchased concert tickets as soon as they became available.

I've been a Rush fan for over 30 years, but could only afford to go to one show per tour, and in the cheap seats. Now I believe I'm a little more visible because I can afford to be in the seating area closer to the stage.

and AlexFinal.gif was the reason, the minute I heard "The Trees"...love the guy and his guitar work. wub.gif

Neil is pretty good too.

oh and that other guy can sing really well too biggrin.gif

As soon as I heard the opening few bars of "Anthem" I was hooked. 34 years later I'm STILL a hardcore fan. The only thing that irritates me about being a female Scottish Rush fan is the lack of touring over here.

When they toured with S&A 3 years ago, I took along a friend who was kindly giving me a lift to Glasgow to the gig. He wasn't a Rush fan at all but, as a musician, he was interested enough to see what they were like. At the end of the gig, his face was a picture. He was totally blown away. Got a text the following week cursing me because he'd had to go out and spend a ton of money on their back catalogue laugh.gif

Recently though, I've re introduced my Canadian friend to the band. She used to be into them but kind of lost her way a bit ... hopefully if the band are touring next summer, we'll get to see them in TO.

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Sep 15 2010, 02:36 AM)
As soon as I heard the opening few bars of "Anthem" I was hooked. 34 years later I'm STILL a hardcore fan. The only thing that irritates me about being a female Scottish Rush fan is the lack of touring over here.

When they toured with S&A 3 years ago, I took along a friend who was kindly giving me a lift to Glasgow to the gig. He wasn't a Rush fan at all but, as a musician, he was interested enough to see what they were like. At the end of the gig, his face was a picture. He was totally blown away. Got a text the following week cursing me because he'd had to go out and spend a ton of money on their back catalogue laugh.gif
Recently though, I've re introduced my Canadian friend to the band. She used to be into them but kind of lost her way a bit ... hopefully if the band are touring next summer, we'll get to see them in TO.

I am planning on seeing Rush in TO next summer (of course, if they tour, which it looks like they will! 1022.gif ), so we totally need to get together! tongue.gif cool.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 15 2010, 07:56 AM)

I am planning on seeing Rush in TO next summer (of course, if they tour, which it looks like they will! 1022.gif ), so we totally need to get together! tongue.gif cool.gif

YAY!!!! Absolutely Sister-In-Lust!! biggrin.gif I'm planning on doing a few shows IF they're touring North America in the summer so can hit more than one with ya maybe??

Been a female fan since 1976. I have oftentimes been the only female in the audience, which I never minded. It was almost an advantage for me back in the early days when there was no seating. I never had a problem standing right in front of Geddy wub.gif wub.gif as the guys in the audience actually brought me up front so I could see.

The last 2 tours I've seen a tremendous influx of female fans. trink39.gif

i'm used to being the only chick at shows actually enjoying the music, not having been dragged there by a man. i go to a lot of metal shows, and most of the girls who go aren't into the music, because they're dressed all cutesy with a pound of makeup on, trying to hook up with band members. i go into the pit and all so i'm totally into it. would be nice not be lumped into the category of those girls tho. that's why when i go i head bang and thrash and get silly lol

it would be nice to find some female Rush fans in my area to hang out with, or just chat with some online once in a while!

oh, and if by TO you mean Toronto, i'm definitely going to have my enhanced license by the next tour so sign me up for a show up there! and if my plan works of getting my friend Tara into them, who is from Ontario, i'll try to drag her along. lol

Edited by liddybuck01

I'm up for online chats with my new girl Rush sistahs! If anyone is on msn and fancies a chat sometime, by all means PM me and I'll give you my msn details biggrin.gif

Yay more for TO next year! Can we surprise them with an all girl front row? Would be hilarious to see their faces laugh.gif

Edited by FoxxiStarr

yeah, i definitely NEED to be front row. i was so sad this time. i was so close! yet so far. 4th row off to the side. grr. haven't figured out the trick to getting front row tickets. well, besides paying a butt load of cash.

idk if hubby will like me giving Alex the sexy eye all night lol

anyone on facebook? i'm on there 24/7 lol

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Sep 15 2010, 03:25 PM)
yeah, i definitely NEED to be front row. i was so sad this time. i was so close! yet so far. 4th row off to the side. grr. haven't figured out the trick to getting front row tickets. well, besides paying a butt load of cash.

idk if hubby will like me giving Alex the sexy eye all night lol

anyone on facebook? i'm on there 24/7 lol

Yep I am. Ok to add you?

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Sep 15 2010, 05:09 AM)

YAY!!!! Absolutely Sister-In-Lust!! biggrin.gif I'm planning on doing a few shows IF they're touring North America in the summer so can hit more than one with ya maybe??

YES! I'm planning on several (at least 10, but we'll see tongue.gif ), so I am sure that we can hit more than one! I'll have to introduce you to my friend Petie, too! cool.gif You think I love Geddy, you should see that woman! She puts me to SHAME! laugh.gif laugh.gif

And, by the way, I am on Facebook. Jaime Leigh Hall cool.gif Anyone who isn't already my friend, feel free to add me!

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 15 2010, 06:02 PM)
QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Sep 15 2010, 05:09 AM)

YES! I'm planning on several (at least 10, but we'll see tongue.gif ), so I am sure that we can hit more than one! I'll have to introduce you to my friend Petie, too! cool.gif You think I love Geddy, you should see that woman! She puts me to SHAME! laugh.gif laugh.gif

And, by the way, I am on Facebook. Jaime Leigh Hall cool.gif Anyone who isn't already my friend, feel free to add me!

That would be awesome! Ohhh, I'll add you on Facebook!

Front row of ladies at 2011 Toronto Rush concert??? count this lady in. Geddy side is my first preference, but Alex side good too. How do you score front row tickets? When Toronto Air Canada tickets went on sale, i was on internet 2 seconds after they went on sale, all i got were tickets miles away, my ears did not even hurt ... tell me the inside secrets please. also, meet and greet is my ultimate fantasy, any clues much appreciated. any of you ladies who would be so lucky to meet and greet, please take me along - i can pass for anyone's sister! can't believe these comments coming out of my fingers at my age... tell me this is normal Rush fan behaviour.

QUOTE (rushforumnewuser @ Sep 15 2010, 07:30 PM)
Front row of ladies at 2011 Toronto Rush concert??? count this lady in. Geddy side is my first preference, but Alex side good too. How do you score front row tickets? When Toronto Air Canada tickets went on sale, i was on internet 2 seconds after they went on sale, all i got were tickets miles away, my ears did not even hurt ... tell me the inside secrets please. also, meet and greet is my ultimate fantasy, any clues much appreciated. any of you ladies who would be so lucky to meet and greet, please take me along - i can pass for anyone's sister! can't believe these comments coming out of my fingers at my age... tell me this is normal Rush fan behaviour.

I know that I will buy a front row ticket in Toronto in 2011! And, I am sure that I can find a few more Rush gals who would be interested in FRONT ROW for Rush in Toronto! Keep me posted! I am IN!! laugh.gif

Unfortunately, ticket brokers have connections, and they buy up the best tickets, usually before they go on sale. I shelled out almost 3 times the "face value" price for a second row ticket this tour! HOLY CRAP!! Anyways, if you want front row and are willing to put up the money, you've got it. confused13.gif

Ya know, I did take note of the fact that LSM and I had to actually wait in a "line" at the ladies' room last night in BOSTON!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

We actually had a conversation with some of the "older" seasoned rockahhhhh women in the line.

Apparently . . .

OUR SECRET IS OUT!!!!!!!

confused13.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

I STILL have yet to wait in line for the bathroom at a Rush concert. Walk in, walk out! Great!! laugh.gif

Had to stand in line at the Dave Matthew's band concert I went to a couple weeks ago. I was TOTALLY put out!! laugh.gif laugh.gif