• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#21 FoxxiStarr

FoxxiStarr

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1316 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 15 2010, 06:02 PM)
QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Sep 15 2010, 05:09 AM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 15 2010, 07:56 AM)
QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Sep 15 2010, 02:36 AM)
As soon as I heard the opening few bars of "Anthem" I was hooked. 34 years later I'm STILL a hardcore fan. The only thing that irritates me about being a female Scottish Rush fan is the lack of touring over here.

When they toured with S&A 3 years ago, I took along a friend who was kindly giving me a lift to Glasgow to the gig. He wasn't a Rush fan at all but, as a musician, he was interested enough to see what they were like. At the end of the gig, his face was a picture. He was totally blown away. Got a text the following week cursing me because he'd had to go out and spend a ton of money on their back catalogue laugh.gif
Recently though, I've re introduced my Canadian friend to the band. She used to be into them but kind of lost her way a bit ... hopefully if the band are touring next summer, we'll get to see them in TO.

I am planning on seeing Rush in TO next summer (of course, if they tour, which it looks like they will!   1022.gif ), so we totally need to get together!  tongue.gif  cool.gif

YAY!!!! Absolutely Sister-In-Lust!!  biggrin.gif  I'm planning on doing a few shows IF they're touring North America in the summer so can hit more than  one with ya maybe??

YES!  I'm planning on several (at least 10, but we'll see tongue.gif ), so I am sure that we can hit more than one!  I'll have to introduce you to my friend Petie, too!  cool.gif You think I love Geddy, you should see that woman!  She puts me to SHAME!  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

And, by the way, I am on Facebook.  Jaime Leigh Hall  cool.gif  Anyone who isn't already my friend, feel free to add me!

That would be awesome! Ohhh, I'll add you on Facebook!

Sponsored Post

#22 RushCanuck

RushCanuck

From Eh to Zed

• Members *
  • 3975 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:30 PM

Front row of ladies at 2011 Toronto Rush concert??? count this lady in.  Geddy side is my first preference, but Alex side good too.  How do you score front row tickets?  When Toronto Air Canada tickets went on sale, i was on internet 2 seconds after they went on sale, all i got were tickets miles away, my ears did not even hurt ... tell me the inside secrets please.  also, meet and greet is my ultimate fantasy, any clues much appreciated.  any of you ladies who would be so lucky to meet and greet, please take me along - i can pass for anyone's sister!  can't believe these comments coming out of my fingers at my age... tell me this is normal Rush fan behaviour.

#23 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts
  • Interests:Rush, endurance cycling, Rush, weightlifting, Rush, music, Geddy Lee, hiking, Rush...oh, you get the idea!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (rushforumnewuser @ Sep 15 2010, 07:30 PM)
Front row of ladies at 2011 Toronto Rush concert??? count this lady in.  Geddy side is my first preference, but Alex side good too.  How do you score front row tickets?  When Toronto Air Canada tickets went on sale, i was on internet 2 seconds after they went on sale, all i got were tickets miles away, my ears did not even hurt ... tell me the inside secrets please.  also, meet and greet is my ultimate fantasy, any clues much appreciated.  any of you ladies who would be so lucky to meet and greet, please take me along - i can pass for anyone's sister!  can't believe these comments coming out of my fingers at my age... tell me this is normal Rush fan behaviour.

I know that I will buy a front row ticket in Toronto in 2011!  And, I am sure that I can find a few more Rush gals who would be interested in FRONT ROW for Rush in Toronto!  Keep me posted!  I am IN!!  laugh.gif

Unfortunately, ticket brokers have connections, and they buy up the best tickets, usually before they go on sale.  I shelled out almost 3 times the "face value" price for a second row ticket this tour!  HOLY CRAP!!  Anyways, if you want front row and are willing to put up the money, you've got it.  confused13.gif  

#24 Tortoise and Hare

Tortoise and Hare

Double Agent

• Members *
  • 3384 posts
  • Interests:Anything RUSH, Pet Chickens, Boston Sports!!!, Beachcombing, Metaphysics, Holistic Living, Vegetarian Cooking, Sustainable Agriculture, Conspiracy Theories, Science Fiction and Fantasy Literature, Alternative Histories/Dimensions/Futures, Ancient Cosmology, Pagan Spirituality, Writing, Photography, Alternative Education Models, Geocaching

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:52 PM

Ya know, I did take note of the fact that LSM and I had to actually wait in a "line" at the ladies' room last night in BOSTON!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

We actually had a conversation with some of the "older" seasoned rockahhhhh women in the line.

Apparently . . .

OUR SECRET IS OUT!!!!!!!

confused13.gif

Hare  biggrin.gif  

#25 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts
  • Interests:Rush, endurance cycling, Rush, weightlifting, Rush, music, Geddy Lee, hiking, Rush...oh, you get the idea!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:58 PM

I STILL have yet to wait in line for the bathroom at a Rush concert.  Walk in, walk out!  Great!!  laugh.gif

Had to stand in line at the Dave Matthew's band concert I went to a couple weeks ago.  I was TOTALLY put out!!  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  

#26 liddybuck01

liddybuck01

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1259 posts
  • Interests:music, tv, food, fun.

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:16 PM

Trf womem should get to have a special meet and greet! And yes, it has to be alex's side!!!! Lol

#27 FoxxiStarr

FoxxiStarr

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1316 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Sep 16 2010, 01:16 AM)
Front row of ladies at 2011 Toronto Rush concert??? count this lady in.  Geddy side is my first preference, but Alex side good too.  How do you score front row tickets?  When Toronto Air Canada tickets went on sale, i was on internet 2 seconds after they went on sale, all i got were tickets miles away, my ears did not even hurt ... tell me the inside secrets please.  also, meet and greet is my ultimate fantasy, any clues much appreciated.  any of you ladies who would be so lucky to meet and greet, please take me along - i can pass for anyone's sister!  can't believe these comments coming out of my fingers at my age... tell me this is normal Rush fan behaviour.

Trf womem should get to have a special meet and greet! And yes, it has to be alex's side!!!! Lol

Yup - I'm Lerxst side too please. I will pay almost anything to get front row!!  If they tour in my school holiday window, I'll be over for a few shows. One thing though, I'll have to depend on my Rush gals here to get tickets for me ... so if some of you might help me out, that would be great.
Totally excited at the thought that we might all get together at a few gigs!!

#28 liddybuck01

liddybuck01

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1259 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:46 AM

Yeah, whoever knows the best way to get front row seats should be designated to get them for all of us so we're all together! We should email someone about hooking us up with seats and meet and greets! Lol

I'm praying they come to Detroit this year. But thats why im going to get an enhanced license so i can come to toronto if they dont.

#29 iluvgeddy05

iluvgeddy05

Dances With Torn Sweater

• Members
  • 9518 posts
  • Interests:running, shopping, wine and good beer, good friends.

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 15 2010, 07:52 PM)
Ya know, I did take note of the fact that LSM and I had to actually wait in a "line" at the ladies' room last night in BOSTON!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I had to do the same at the NYS fair.

SO not cool as there were no more than 8 stalls  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  rage.gif I actually worried that I would not have enough time for the intermission!

#30 iluvgeddy05

iluvgeddy05

Dances With Torn Sweater

• Members
  • 9518 posts
  • Interests:running, shopping, wine and good beer, good friends.

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 15 2010, 01:02 PM)
I'll have to introduce you to my friend Petie, too!  cool.gif You think I love Geddy, you should see that woman!  She puts me to SHAME!  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

She puts all us Geddy lovers to shame..

#31 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Sep 16 2010, 11:59 AM)
I'll have to introduce you to my friend Petie, too!  cool.gif You think I love Geddy, you should see that woman!  She puts me to SHAME!  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

THAT is the truth!  She and I got our tickets together (2nd row, Geddy's side!) for the Dallas show!  I am sure I will have some stories after that concert.  laugh.gif   Poor Geddy doesn't know what he's in for with the two of us sitting together!   drool1.gif  drool1.gif  

#32 FoxxiStarr

FoxxiStarr

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1316 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 15 2010, 06:02 PM)
I'll have to introduce you to my friend Petie, too!  cool.gif You think I love Geddy, you should see that woman!  She puts me to SHAME!  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

That would be great .. I've seen Petie's tattoos. Fabulous.

#33 Tortoise and Hare

Tortoise and Hare

Double Agent

• Members *
  • 3384 posts
  • Interests:Anything RUSH, Pet Chickens, Boston Sports!!!, Beachcombing, Metaphysics, Holistic Living, Vegetarian Cooking, Sustainable Agriculture, Conspiracy Theories, Science Fiction and Fantasy Literature, Alternative Histories/Dimensions/Futures, Ancient Cosmology, Pagan Spirituality, Writing, Photography, Alternative Education Models, Geocaching

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Sep 16 2010, 12:59 PM)

I tried pullin' age rank with Petie at the Boston show - - I told her that I was willing to "share" - - she said she was not!

rofl3.gif  common001.gif  rofl3.gif

She's ADORABLE - - and I took a picture with her back!!!!!  I've never asked someone to turn around so I could snuggle up to their back before - - for a picture!   tongue.gif  (Man, I'm glad this is in NWW - - the men would really take this the wrong way, eh?!?!?)

WE HAD A WICKED AWESOME TIME IN BOSTON!!!!!!!

Can't wait til next year - - gotta save the pennies!!!!!

Hare  biggrin.gif (Still on a semi-post-RUSH-concert high, even though I had to be back in my classroom the morning after at 7:30 am!!!!!)

#34 liddybuck01

liddybuck01

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1259 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:23 PM

I wanna see her tattoo!

#35 RushCanuck

RushCanuck

From Eh to Zed

• Members *
  • 3975 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:51 PM

Hi fellow Rush sisters.... i hope to network with you.  I'm going to set up Facebook (is that the best way?).  As for front row tickets in Toronto, I will pay what it takes (even though i don't agree that insiders scoop up front rows and then hold true fans hostage - seems like a corrupt system of ticket agencies to me).  But if no choice, i will cough up the money for such a seat...  i'm contemplating getting a TShirt that says 'Chicks' (a la Alex comment).  Don't know if you are aware but if you are coming from the US to Canada, i think you will need a passport.  I have already worked myself into a frenzy daydreaming about this situation, but now to satisfy my realistic side, can someone tell me is it definite that a 2011 Toronto concert will take place?  Where is this stated?  

#36 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (rushforumnewuser @ Sep 16 2010, 06:51 PM)
Hi fellow Rush sisters.... i hope to network with you.  I'm going to set up Facebook (is that the best way?).  As for front row tickets in Toronto, I will pay what it takes (even though i don't agree that insiders scoop up front rows and then hold true fans hostage - seems like a corrupt system of ticket agencies to me).  But if no choice, i will cough up the money for such a seat...  i'm contemplating getting a TShirt that says 'Chicks' (a la Alex comment).  Don't know if you are aware but if you are coming from the US to Canada, i think you will need a passport.  I have already worked myself into a frenzy daydreaming about this situation, but now to satisfy my realistic side, can someone tell me is it definite that a 2011 Toronto concert will take place?  Where is this stated?

Nothing "certain" yet, but both Geddy and Alex have said that they are going to tour for the Clockwork Angels album next summer.  I would only assume that they will hit Toronto.  cool.gif  

#37 liddybuck01

liddybuck01

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1259 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:39 PM

Im all for the "Chicks" shirts! Lol and realistically, i cant drop more then around $500 for a ticket. Plus hubby will be tagging along so theres more $$. Hopefully we can snag good seats before they jack up the price.

#38 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Sep 16 2010, 07:39 PM)
Im all for the "Chicks" shirts! Lol and realistically, i cant drop more then around $500 for a ticket. Plus hubby will be tagging along so theres more $$. Hopefully we can snag good seats before they jack up the price.

Do what I do: Make sure that hubby and son get good seats at least one show, then say that you need to "get away," and get fantastic seats for yourself at another show!  Worked for me so far!   cool.gif  laugh.gif  

#39 liddybuck01

liddybuck01

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1259 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:00 PM

haha my hubby don't play that lol he's weird. he doesn't like it when i got to places without him, cause he's not there to "protect" me lol but if i do bring him along he's the perfect body guard for all of us. he's HUGE lol he's been bodyguard for my smaller friends before. they love him for it lol

#40 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Sep 16 2010, 09:00 PM)
haha my hubby don't play that lol he's weird. he doesn't like it when i got to places without him, cause he's not there to "protect" me lol but if i do bring him along he's the perfect body guard for all of us. he's HUGE lol he's been bodyguard for my smaller friends before. they love him for it lol

That's cool, but I am a cop.  I can protect you (and many others, believe me!  I might not be big but I am a BAD ASS!!).

No worries here.  I kick some major arse.  That is why my hubby doesn't mind me going off to RUSH concerts alone!  cool.gif  cool.gif  cool.gif  cool.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users