Does Rush respond to mail?

physics23

Several years ago I read a letter that Neil wrote to Modern Drummer Magazine. He revealed a secret that he actually responded to every single letter he received from fans. It took a while, but he did it.

However, the purpose of the letter was to announce that he would no longer be doing it, since the volume of letters was just too much to keep up with. He claimed something to the effect that if he could not do all, then he would not do any.

BUT - that was a long time ago. Who knows if he has changed his mind again.

smile.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 17 2005, 01:55 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Apr 17 2005, 07:32 AM)
I sent a letter to Neil a long time ago, and I have not gotten a response yet.  Who knows if he even got the letter.

I wouldn't count on it...

Yeah. I doubt he got it. It would be pretty awesome though if he responded to it.

QUOTE (physics23 @ Apr 17 2005, 09:54 AM)
Is it possible to write to one of the band members?
Do they read mail from fans?
Do they respond?
Has anyone ever received a reply?

Write to Anthem at the address listed in this thread if you wish. I am pretty sure they are all very private people and don't like their privacy invaded by fan mail directly to them, even if benign. I doubt you will get an answer but ya never know!

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Apr 17 2005, 03:35 PM)
QUOTE (physics23 @ Apr 17 2005, 09:54 AM)
Is it possible to write to one of the band members?
Do they read mail from fans?
Do they respond?
Has anyone ever received a reply?

Write to Anthem at the address listed in this thread if you wish. I am pretty sure they are all very private people and don't like their privacy invaded by fan mail directly to them, even if benign. I doubt you will get an answer but ya never know!

Hey, it's always worth a shot. yes.gif

He said that he used to respond to all the letters that were written to him through Modern Drummer magazine. He had to stop when the secret was revealed through channels on the internet. He was finally deluged with letters because of this, and had to quit that practice.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Apr 17 2005, 08:46 PM)
He said that he used to respond to all the letters that were written to him through Modern Drummer magazine. He had to stop when the secret was revealed through channels on the internet. He was finally deluged with letters because of this, and had to quit that practice.

That sucks.

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Apr 17 2005, 11:08 PM)
Maybe Neil Peart will communicate with fans through his new web site?  confused13.gif

New website?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/amirror/google.gif

(I shamefully apologize I'm not on Firefox.)

QUOTE (physics23 @ Apr 18 2005, 01:23 AM)
QUOTE (sfuentes @ Apr 17 2005, 11:08 PM)
Maybe Neil Peart will communicate with fans through his new web site?  confused13.gif

New website?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/amirror/google.gif

(I shamefully apologize I'm not on Firefox.)

Yes. New website that's still under construction.

Neil Peart.

Archived