Small Hands

LeeWhitham

I have come to the conclusion that there are less female rock musicians becuase of the size of there hands smile.gif

I have just seen rush live in Manchester and have a sudden urge to meet other rush fans and finding a forum dedicated to female rush fans is like a dream come true! rock on ladies!! 2.gif

oh and by the way where are the people who post on this site from? is it mainly America? becuase im from the UK smile.gif

lol what do i know smile.gif but i know a few girls who play guitar and base and they tell me they struggle too move there fingers to some chords, but anyway im sure there's lots of female rockers out there who can move about there instruments easily enough smile.gif

What other bands do you female rockers like? i like Genisis(peter gabriel), jimi hendrix, pink floyd, queen, frank zappa, led zepplin, the police...<thinks> gah theres so many more i cant belive i cant remember them.

QUOTE (LeeWhitham @ Sep 16 2004, 06:23 AM)
I have come to the conclusion that there are less female rock musicians becuase of the size of there hands smile.gif

I have just seen rush live in Manchester and have a sudden urge to meet other rush fans and finding a forum dedicated to female rush fans is like a dream come true! rock on ladies!!  2.gif

oh and by the way where are the people who post on this site from? is it mainly America? becuase im from the UK smile.gif

I never really had a problem with the size of the neck vs the size of my hand. But the calluses on my fingertips took a long time to build up. I played guitar for 15 years before a dog bite messed up my wrist so I couldn't play. I leave the pickin' to my sister, Lakeside Maiden, smile.gif and I stick to singing these days.

Rhiannon of Rivendell

Hey Sister-Mine! You shold live up here so your name fits better ((((((GRIN)))))))

To tell you the truth I have never had any problems....with the guitar.....the callauses were fine for me.....I only played guitar for 5 years straight then I suddenly turned into a drummer...which I though was going to be better, damn Peart sticks....have no grip on them.....I shaved down the ends and it still didn't work so I had to wrap tape on it.....honestly that was waaaaaaay worse than guitar because of the friction against my skin......now I have 2 gapping holes in the sides of my hands.....and it's tough skin thank god! I still play guitar mind you.... trink36.gif

Hello, LeeWitham, I was at that very same show in Manchester! I'm from Finland so flew down from here to my first ever Rush gig and had a blast, naturally. Welcome aboard! Grab something to trink38.gif and enjoy your stay here. Us Rush ladies are the coolest!

In addition to Rush I mostly listen to Yes, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and Rainbow.

hehe some great bands comming up here, bands i havent listened too in a while! like traffic. Hey i live near where the band Yes grew up, a few of the members were in a band in Blackburn, cant remember the name. Do you like Dream Theater? there a great rush influenced band... Primus too (les claypool is a kick ass bassist) new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (LeeWhitham @ Sep 16 2004, 04:26 PM)
hehe some great bands comming up here, bands i havent listened too in a while! like traffic. Hey i live near where the band Yes grew up, a few of the members were in a band in Blackburn, cant remember the name. Do you like Dream Theater? there a great rush influenced band... Primus too (les claypool is a kick ass bassist) new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Dream Threatre is sooooo good!

Welcome LeeWhitham! Just poking my male noggin' in the forum to say I sure hope you enjoy your time here, as I'm confident you will! biggrin.gif

We've got some awesome women here! wub.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

BTW, this here is me, on my infamous soapbox >>> bsg.gif

...Now I'm leaving. (Actually, I thought this topic was about something ELSE entirely, given the subject matter of some of the threads around here.) laugh.gif

I started playing back when I was about 15 - inspired by Alex, natch - and kept at it for about the next 10 year or so. Then I had to sell my guitars to pay for rent, and didn't take it back up again until September last year. It didn't take much time either time for my callouses to build up and my hands, like the rest of me, are big, so that's not an issue - but I know it actually can be an issue for some women. Some guitar lines actually make some guitars that are slightly scaled down so that they can be more easily played with smaller fingers, which I think is cool.

I also like listening to old Metallica, Savatage, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Victor, Pink Floyd, 3 Doors Down, 30 Seconds to Mars, Heart, Led Zeppelin, Mindcrime/Empire - era Queensryche, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Lacuna Coil and other stuff along those lines.

Welcome!

QUOTE (D-13 @ Sep 16 2004, 06:51 PM)
QUOTE (LeeWhitham @ Sep 16 2004, 04:26 PM)
hehe some great bands comming up here, bands i havent listened too in a while! like traffic. Hey i live near where the band Yes grew up, a few of the members were in a band in Blackburn, cant remember the name. Do you like Dream Theater? there a great rush influenced band... Primus too (les claypool is a kick ass bassist)  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Dream Threatre is sooooo good!

I must concur!

I love Dream Theatre. And Traffic and Rainbow :-)

I am a MAJOR Zep Head, as well as Queensryche, Iron Maiden, and many, many others.

And Les Claypool is just AMAZING!

We (Lakeside Maiden, myself & our brother) were raised on Jazz, Classical, Old Time Rock & Roll, & Country, But we have also influenced our parents by introducing them to the likes of Stevie Ray Vaughan and a few others.

Anyone for a Top Ten list of favorite bands?

Rhiannon of Rivendell

i am not a musician ...

but i play one on TV.....http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/c0/cwm.gif

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/wink.gif

just kidding about the tv part....

i am just a huge fan of music...RUSh in particular....

Welcome LeeWhitham!!!! trink39.gif

Thank you all for the welcomes by the way, i dident expect such a welcome on a post that wasent even saying hi! great stuff. And im actually male, i was just intrigued by the though of a rush sisterhood smile.gif which is totally awsome.

I also like listening to old Metallica, Savatage, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Victor, Pink Floyd, 3 Doors Down, 30 Seconds to Mars, Heart, Led Zeppelin, Mindcrime/Empire - era Queensryche, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Lacuna Coil and other stuff along those lines.

Is this Victor, Victor Wooten? im sure you will know who he is listening to Rush and learning more about the instruments they play so well! Incase you dont know Victor Wooten is an amazing Bassist probebly one of the best in the world and is now in a very old jazz fussion band called Weather Report ex band of the famous Jaco Pastorious smile.gif

I also am not a musician unfortunetly, would kill to have the motivation to start. My whole family are very musical (except for my mum, no pun intended) my brother plays and teaches bass, he is an amazing bassist i will have to host some of his songs and give you the links! Another good bassist, Flee from the chillis smile.gif funky f**ker

QUOTE (LeeWhitham @ Sep 17 2004, 07:08 AM)
Thank you all for the welcomes by the way, i dident expect such a welcome on a post that wasent even saying hi! great stuff. And im actually male, i was just intrigued by the though of a rush sisterhood smile.gif which is totally awsome.

Is this Victor, Victor Wooten? im sure you will know who he is listening to Rush and learning more about the instruments they play so well! Incase you dont know Victor Wooten is an amazing Bassist probebly one of the best in the world and is now in a very old jazz fussion band called Weather Report ex band of the famous Jaco Pastorious smile.gif

I also am not a musician unfortunetly, would kill to have the motivation to start. My whole family are very musical (except for my mum, no pun intended) my brother plays and teaches bass, he is an amazing bassist i will have to host some of his songs and give you the links! Another good bassist, Flee from the chillis smile.gif funky f**ker

She probably is refering to Alex Lifeson's solo project. He did a solo album called Victor back around 95, 96 or so? Correct me if I'm wrong. BTW, welcome to the board Lee.

Oh and speaking of Yes and Dream Theater, I'm gonna see them tonight.

Archived