107 years

rushstarboy37

Did you realize it is only 107 years till the year 2112?

where do you think this album will be in the next 107 years? Forgotten in the trash to be seen only by the few who seek it or studied by the people of the future?

do you think they be a celebration or something when the year comes around?

Do you think you're grandchildren or great grandchildren will even care or realize by the time the year comes around? If classical Music could last this long then classic rock should as well.

basically Im just wondering what you think will happen in 2112

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Apr 16 2005, 06:43 PM)
Speak for yourself, I plan to live forever

Slaine, you're not doing a 'Michael Jackson' are you? Where did you get your oxygen tent from? unsure.gif

I have thought about that. I mean realisitically it will mean nothing to mainstream society, but there will still be people who know of Rush from their grandparents or parents (us). But obviously it will be even a much smaller nummber than now, so.....

I bet there will be about 30 people sitting in a room in Vegas partying in celebration and that's it laugh.gif

Imagine there's no countries,

It isnt hard to do,

Nothing to kill or die for,

No religion too,

Imagine all the people

living life in peace...

-John Lennon

I know "Imagine" has become cliche, but it's a good vision for the future.

It will probably be a "moment in history" piece on one of those newschannels. You know, some journalist researches the band, shows some pictures and a few video interviews, talks about their history, then overviews 2112. Maybe even a comparison between the world of the album and reality (if free speech is still allowed).

If you think about the time, it may be our great grandchildren who will experience this. Our grandchildren would still be old. If average life expectancy reaches 90 years, I figure I will be dead by 2060. My daughter will be by 2085. Any grandchildren may live to 2112 but would be very old. Even the great grandchildren would be drawing social security by then.

Seriously, I don't know if anyone will be listening to Rush in 2112. However, I would not be surprised if some of Neil's lyrics were in some poetry anthologies - perhaps even required reading. Admittedly, I'm a bit over-zealous. Still, I consider most of his stuff extremely astute, and sometimes even prophetic.

It really is mindblowing that 2112 is only 107 years away. I remember when it was released thinking 2112 was like 1000 years away, although simple math would have corrected that for me. tongue.gif

Maybe some other band will redo 2112 and it will be resurected in 100 years or so.

QUOTE (physics23 @ Apr 16 2005, 01:57 PM)
Imagine there's no countries,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

-John Lennon

I know "Imagine" has become cliche, but it's a good vision for the future.

Its a good one, Physics. A real good wish.

>:D<

I would think that people might be awarre of the fact there was an album called 2112...in 2112...I mean, we are aware of classic songs from the 1800's and 1900's, and some people still do listen to those kind of songs...Hell, this forum in 100 years might be looked upon by some new generation of people, and guess what, we just stuck Rush to em! Score guys...

in the year 2112 i will turn 128, and maybe with advances in techonology and medicine ill be able to experience it, but probably not. ill be sure to tell my grandkids to have a party on that new years eve with nothing but Rush playing. ill be there in spirit of course. bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Apr 16 2005, 01:35 PM)
I have thought about that. I mean realisitically it will mean nothing to mainstream society, but there will still be people who know of Rush from their grandparents or parents (us). But obviously it will be even a much smaller nummber than now, so.....

I bet there will be about 30 people sitting in a room in Vegas partying in celebration and that's it laugh.gif

I could'nt have said it better myself!

ranton.gif

OK, here I go... The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The Shame and Shame of Shame and Shame. I LOVE the U2 thing. Nice for me, not everyone. But, it would take a HUGE number of people to induct our guys 2.gif The reality of the matter is, in the U.S., they have, in a commercial sense, been forgotten. ????? How can we, as the people who really know what they have accomplished in spite of, or in addition to, or because of Pratt's life-journey, or the band's whateverness, get them recognized? Is it impossible? They have a statistical place in the records. Why not? Am I alone? I think not. I'm never alone on TRF. Common guys! They should never, ever, in anyway be overlooked.

Thank You!!! Goodnight!!!!

rantoff.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 21 2005, 01:17 AM)
ranton.gif
OK, here I go... The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The Shame and Shame of Shame and Shame. I LOVE the U2 thing. Nice for me, not everyone. But, it would take a HUGE number of people to induct our guys 2.gif The reality of the matter is, in the U.S., they have, in a commercial sense, been forgotten. ????? How can we, as the people who really know what they have accomplished in spite of, or in addition to, or because of Pratt's life-journey, or the band's whateverness, get them recognized? Is it impossible? They have a statistical place in the records. Why not? Am I alone? I think not. I'm never alone on TRF. Common guys! They should never, ever, in anyway be overlooked.

Thank You!!! Goodnight!!!!

rantoff.gif

Some of the best artists throughout history died in miserable anonymity. Not that Rush is likely to endure a similar fate, but public recognition ought not to be a touchstone for personal achievement. With all due respect to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Nobel Prize Foundation, and all those other institutions, there is often a great deal more of politics involved than an objective evaluation of an individual or group's contribution to the world. One might even offer a plausible argument to the effect of these institutions being an indication of lack of genuine talent.

we should make a time capsule to be pened in the year 2112 and inside we'll put an ipod with the only thing on it being the entire 2112 album. then when open it they'll get a blast from 2 pasts. ipods and 2112 lol

have the time capsule outside of le studio or something where people might remember it. or even the rnr hall of fame

If they ever do get into the rock and roll hall of fame i bet that they would be celebrating that year there. Probably decorate the entir place all space like with a big red star somewhere and the starman.

how cool would that be

Archived