Did Rush Hump The Whale?

Tick

I think they did, big time. They were cruising along making successful album after album, until the 90's. I think it was a whole era different for the band. It was nothing the likes of which we had never heard. It was at this juncture that IMO, Rush humped the Whale. I know some will give me a hard time, and that's ok. Your all entitled to your own opinions, and I can respect them, but for me, this is a clear cut fact. yes.gif atickhum.gif Edited by tick
  • Like 1

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 3 2010, 06:28 PM)
I think they did, big time. They were cruising along making successful album after album, until the 90's. I think it was a whole era different for the band. It was nothing the likes of which we had never heard. It was at this juncture that IMO, Rush humped the Whale. I know some will give me a hard time, and that's ok. Your all entitled to your own opinions, and I can respect them, but for me, this is a clear cut fact. yes.gif atickhum.gif

But can you give us FIVE separate and distinct examples where Rush humped the humpback?

tongue.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Sep 3 2010, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Sep 3 2010, 06:28 PM)
I think they did, big time. They were cruising along making successful album after album, until the 90's. I think it was a whole era different for the band. It was nothing the likes of which we had never heard. It was at this juncture that IMO, Rush humped the Whale. I know some will give me a hard time, and that's ok. Your all entitled to your own opinions, and I can respect them, but for me, this is a clear cut fact. yes.gif  atickhum.gif

But can you give us FIVE separate and distinct examples where Rush humped the humpback?

tongue.gif

Sure I can give you 4. They humped the Whale in 90, 92, 94, and 96

I always thought that, specifically with Test For Echo, they mounted the walrus. Edited by Mara

QUOTE (thing2jordan @ Sep 3 2010, 06:28 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 3 2010, 08:27 PM)
I always thought that, specifically with Test For Echo, they mounted the walrus.

In my circle of friends, I am known as the Walrus and that really threw me off/ excited me. laugh.gif

Goo goo g'joob

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 3 2010, 09:48 PM)
QUOTE (thing2jordan @ Sep 3 2010, 06:28 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 3 2010, 08:27 PM)
I always thought that, specifically with Test For Echo, they mounted the walrus.

In my circle of friends, I am known as the Walrus and that really threw me off/ excited me. laugh.gif

Goo goo g'joob

Goo goo g'joob indeed. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tinwoodsman @ Sep 3 2010, 05:35 PM)
wink.gif oh yeah ... there was ambergis all over the damn place!

rofl3.gif

--------------------------------

I hope this thread isn't referring to Al's weight gain during that period.

Slipped the hot salami to the seal?

Arthur Fonzarelli found the 'blowhole' on a Humpback Whale and had Chachi Arcola and Potsie" Weber hold the damn thing down while Ralph Malph 'jumped' it, right in clear sight of Jenny Piccalo and Joanie Cunningham, both who were seated two booths down from the horrific incident at Arnold's, causing the spontaneous regurgitation of both girl's meals...It was pretty nasty stuff to behold...But, the following week saw a huge jump in Neilsen ratings...proving once again that humping the whale always pays off...Cousin Oliver is slated to hump a much smaller amphibious mammal from phyllum chordata to kick off the start of next season...possibly the pygmy or beluga variety...whichever mammal photographs better with Davey Jones, who also guest stars.

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Sep 3 2010, 06:33 PM)
Hey, isn't that Yes's new single?  "Don't Hump The Whale"???

unsure.gif

Right. "Don't Hump the Whale" sounds great live on the Yes Shows CD.

It's my favorite after "Tales from Topographic Oceans".

BTW, in the documentary, Ged makes it sound like they just tried the silk robes thing out of the blue, but many other art/prog bands from that era sported similar garb.

I just got the deluxe CD/DVD of Chris Squire's "Fish Out of Water", and he's wearing a flowing white silk robe with gold trim on the videos.

To the OP: Rush humped the whale in the early 80s, after MP, not the 90s. And they have been normalizing since 93 CP, but it really took hold with VT, SnA, and Caravan/BU2B.

Don't really understand hump the whale but Presto and RTB were low points. TFE, CP, and SnA were all great, IMO. VT was a mid to low point.