Next Album

rushstarboy37

does anybody have any news about the next album? Are they working on it now or is the alex trial thing holding them off for awhile? rush seems to have a steady pace of releasing an album, studio or not, every couple of years or so, so I would think we would be hearing some new material in the near future. I know it's not that easy to make an album Im not trying to sound impatient i was just wondering if anyone had any info on the subject.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ditto that. I think the boys will probably be returning to the studio sometime soon. Nothing has really been "officially" said about them going into the studio, so anything at this point is sheer speculation and rumor.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Apr 16 2005, 09:42 AM)
Didnt Rush say in an interview last year they wanted to go back to the studio and record a hardcore rap album?

Ewwww. I hope not man. That would destroy their whole image and reputation as a band. 2.gif Rules!

QUOTE (rushstarboy37 @ Apr 16 2005, 02:38 AM)
does anybody have any news about the next album? Are they working on it now or is the alex trial thing holding them off for awhile? rush seems to have a steady pace of releasing an album, studio or not, every couple of years or so, so I would think we would be hearing some new material in the near future. I know it's not that easy to make an album Im not trying to sound impatient i was just wondering if anyone had any info on the subject.

Well from what I heard on a radio interview which I heard on the Rush official site is that they will be touring till august. Then taking a break. Then recording a new album. So probably late 2006 is most likely when the next album will be out. 2.gif Rules!

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Apr 16 2005, 07:30 AM)

Well from what I heard on a radio interview which I heard on the Rush official site is that they will be touring till august. Then taking a break. Then recording a new album. So probably late 2006 is most likely when the next album will be out. 2.gif Rules!

Is this the "Then and Now" interview? That was made during the R30 tour last year, so the afformentioned touring is LONG over now. I would say mid-to-late 2006, provided that they start working on it this summer...but no one knows for sure what they're up to or what their plans are.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 16 2005, 12:28 PM)
QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Apr 16 2005, 07:30 AM)

Is this the "Then and Now" interview? That was made during the R30 tour last year, so the afformentioned touring is LONG over now. I would say mid-to-late 2006, provided that they start working on it this summer...but no one knows for sure what they're up to or what their plans are.

Yes actually it was. Oh they already finished touring? I didn't know that.

What if Alex gets convicted????

Do you think they'll let him record his guitar parts from his cell? Could get great echo effects there.

for the next tour, they could have turntables set up near Alex. Niel could do some beatboxing and Ged could lay down some rhymes or synths. The ghetto part of the show before the acoustic part!

Grace Under Pressure was the first album I waited impatiently for.

I figure that they won't attempt anything until the beginning of next year. But this fall is a possibility, as that has traditionally been the time when start writing down ideas get into creative mode.

QUOTE (thestand @ Apr 18 2005, 08:44 PM)
This will be the first Rush album I will be waiting for. Yay for me, and fellow young fans.

goodpost.gif yes.gif

I've never actually waited for an album before. Only fitting that 2.gif is my first!

Archived