The Green Bay Packers Thread

Principled Man

Kornheiser and Wilbon say Rodgers has played his last game at Lambeau. Thoughts?

They're wrong.

https://www.football...e-championships

Interesting article on the effects on win probability involved with that decision.

Any articles on running 9 yards in open field vs throwing against the body into coverage?

:P

Seemed pretty obvious at the time.

Report: Aaron Rodgers has told Packers he does not want to return to Green Bay

Aaron Rodgers is disgruntled.

Rodgers is so disgruntled, in fact, that he has told people within the Packers franchise that he does not want to return to Green Bay for the 2021 season.

According to the report, multiple people within the organization have talked to Rodgers to try to get him on board and excited to be back, but so far he has not been placated.

Rodgers has reportedly been unhappy for a full year, since the Packers traded up in the first round last year to draft quarterback Jordan Love. Rodgers thought the Packers should have prioritized drafting players who could help him win another Super Bowl, not draft a quarterback who would take his place.

The Packers say Rodgers isn’t going anywhere. Rodgers may have other ideas.

https://profootballt...n-to-green-bay/

https://www.cbssport...h-organization/

Aaron Rodgers tells Packers he doesn't want to return; reigning NFL MVP upset with organization

Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to play with the Packers anymore

Aaron Rodgers may have played his final game with the Green Bay Packers, if he gets his way. Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, Rodgers told some members within the Packers organization he does not want to return to the team. The Packers are concerned about Rodgers' feelings and had several high ranking-officials in the organization reach out to him at various points in the offseason.

CBS Sports NFL Insider Jonathan Jones has confirmed the report.

Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst said Wednesday that Rodgers will be "our quarterback for the foreseeable future," but Rodgers apparently has other plans in mind.

"We're excited about kind of the things we're going to try to accomplish here over the next couple years," Gutekunst said on a conference call with reporters this week, via the Packers website. "We had to do a lot of things (with contracts) to bring guys back this year and we'll have to do that again. So we're not done by any means yet, and we are working through that with a number of our players, including Aaron."

More to come on this developing story.

JUST MORE RIDICULOUS NFL TABLOID MEDIA CLICKBAIT GOSSIP BLAH BLAH BLAH....
Edited by Principled Man

If Rodgers forces his way out of GB, I don't think there's any way he'd be the long term host of Jeopardy, it's too negative on his Q rating. He probably wouldn't be the choice anyway but he could kiss it goodbye if he has an acrimonious departure.

If Rodgers forces his way out of GB, I don't think there's any way he'd be the long term host of Jeopardy, it's too negative on his Q rating. He probably wouldn't be the choice anyway but he could kiss it goodbye if he has an acrimonious departure.

He should change his name to Aaron "Art" Fleming.

Brett Favre: Aaron Rodgers “ain’t budging”

Former Packers quarterback Brett Favre knows current Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. And Favre is willing to share his views about Rodgers’ current situation.

Favre did, in the latest episode of the Bolling with Favre podcast. And Favre thinks that Aaron won’t yield in his desire to leave the Packers.

“Knowing Aaron, and I think I know him fairly well, if he has a grudge, whether it be against the organization or a player or an arch-rival, or family, friends, he ain’t budging,” Favre said. “I don’t see him coming back and saying — if this is not resolved, however, whatever the issue is — if it’s not resolved, or even if it’s resolved but he feels like they have one up on him, he ain’t gonna play. Knowing Aaron, he would sit. Now, he would forego a lot of money, but he’s also got a lot money.”

Rodgers definitely would forego a lot of money. Between repaid bonuses and forfeited salaries, Rodgers will be out $44.5 million.

Favre prefaced his comments by saying (accurately) that the situation dates back to the team’s decision to use a first-round pick and a fourth-round pick to trade up for quarterback Jordan Love. And Favre knows all about that, because he served last year as Rodgers’ unofficial mouthpiece in the aftermath of the Love trade.

“Aaron and I have a great relationship, and we talked about it,” Favre said at the time. “Obviously, he’s a little disappointed.”

Favre also said this: “Aaron, do you ever look around and say, ‘I feel like the odd man out?‘ And he said, ‘Yeah.’”

If anyone knows the ability of Rodgers to hold a grudge, it’s Favre. They have a history, as illustrated in entertaining fashion by Jeff Pearlman’s Gunslinger, an unauthorized biography of Brett Favre. And Favre somehow has found a way to get Rodgers to move past the grudge stage.

Maybe the Packers should ask Favre for advice on how to do the same.

Idiotic tabloid gossip

Keep your idiotic tabloid gossip to yourself, Treeduck. Make your own thread and do it there. I have ZERO interest in that shit.

Idiotic tabloid gossip

Keep your idiotic tabloid gossip to yourself, Treeduck. Make your own thread and do it there. I have ZERO interest in that shit.

Are you the only Packers fan in this thread now?

272670118_7385456784828506_8539434277144114356_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=giFiT6qPiUsAX9riYQ7&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-1.fna&oh=00_AT8BqBW40BPxUAShtumwPcfAhEuPCYPbdKyzqhVaNoGbww&oe=61F2FA6A

I'm Jimmy G. Despite being a grossly inferior quarterback that throws 2 or 3 interceptions every game I always beat Rodgers and the Packers. So before you buy insurance advertised by an arrogent non vaxxing cheesehead you could miss out on another year of not playing in the superbowl. Then you have more time to do your own research.

• Like 1

272670118_7385456784828506_8539434277144114356_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=giFiT6qPiUsAX9riYQ7&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-1.fna&oh=00_AT8BqBW40BPxUAShtumwPcfAhEuPCYPbdKyzqhVaNoGbww&oe=61F2FA6A

I'm Jimmy G. Despite being a grossly inferior quarterback that throws 2 or 3 interceptions every game I always beat Rodgers and the Packers. So before you buy insurance advertised by an arrogent non vaxxing cheesehead you could miss out on another year of not playing in the superbowl. Then you have more time to do your own research.

Now if only you could stop beating my Rams.

• Like 1

Now if only you could stop beating my Rams.

:lol:

Roger's getting MVP is gonna make great fodder for memes and the twitterverse