The Green Bay Packers Thread

Principled Man

Want to see a very happy man? Tight end Jared Cook, after seven years with losing teams and no playoff appearances, came to the Packers in hopes of being a champion.

He's almost there! He cannot hide his joy at being on a winning team, at having a really good QB throwing him the ball, and at having a very real opportunity to win the Super Bowl.

http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab88/unclemonteee/Jared%20Cook_zpss8ezjbfl.jpg

:haz: :haz: :haz:

• Like 2

Want to see a very happy man? Tight end Jared Cook, after seven years with losing teams and no playoff appearances, came to the Packers in hopes of being a champion.

He's almost there! He cannot hide his joy at being on a winning team, at having a really good QB throwing him the ball, and at having a very real opportunity to win the Super Bowl.

http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab88/unclemonteee/Jared%20Cook_zpss8ezjbfl.jpg

That's a great picture!!! Wow COOK was ON FIRE!

I like CONNOR COOK!!!! LOL

Signed,

VAN HALEN

I just submitted my info to win a trip to the NFC Championship Game from a Packer email!

I'm proud to be an owner.

I wish every NFL franchise was like the Packers! FIRST CLASS!

Cool. Good luck!

Signed,

Carroll Dale. :codger:

• Like 1

I just submitted my info to win a trip to the NFC Championship Game from a Packer email!

I'm proud to be an owner.

I wish every NFL franchise was like the Packers! FIRST CLASS!

Cool. Good luck!

Signed,

Carroll Dale. :codger:

Hahaha! I thought you were going to go Bart Starr!

The Packers beat the lame ass Chiefs in Superbowl I!

I will die a Raider, but I do love the current Packers. My daughter Zoe loved the Favre Years because she didn't like the Vikings because her grandpa lives in Minnesota. My Ex's dad.

So as a gift one year he sent Zoe a cheesehead for a present!!

I still have it in my garage.

I actually gave Zoe a Brett Favre 12 inch figure for Christmas one year!

She still has it in her room! Mint!

So to be honest, my daughter's love for the Pack probably motivated me to buy those two shares of Packer stock.

Because let's face it.

"we are only immortal for a limited time."

I will give those shares to Zoe.

When the Raiders play the Packers on the road some year I WILL BE THERE!!!

I will probably take Zoe.

I will wear my CARR jersey!

Zo will wear Rodgers.

I love my daughters.

Through all the bullshit of divorce I am still blessed.

GOOD KARMA!

GO PACK GO!

• Like 1

I hope he'll be just as happy to make a Super Bowl appearance, even if they lose to the Patriots :P

But honestly that's the match up I want to see:

Pats vs. Pack in A BATTLE OF THE TWO TWELVES.

One likes his balls at 10psi, the other at 18.

I'm happy the Pats found a way to win but honestly this was the only good game played this weekend.

I've changed my mind about the MVP too- Rodgers deserves it. I mean holy shit guys he's the whole friggin' team!!

If he knocks off Atlanta in Atlanta heck yes!!!

If he knocks off Tom Brady no doubt about it!!!!

I would take Rodgers over Ryan or Brady any day.

But Carr will always be my current number one!!

The Raider tide is high!

2016 NFL PLAYOFFS: NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP

Falcons 44

Packers 21

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...... :doh: :doh:

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/6fa2e5fb4d1a280792c173f9c76aec6f668b2840/c=32-0-3219-4249&r=383&c=0-0-380-510/local/-/media/2017/01/22/WIGroup/PackersNews/636207098266727992-APC-GBvsATL-012217-djp01503.jpg http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/e5702932468752cf9a851ea02bc92c07fbbbd32f/c=139-0-2613-3299&r=383&c=0-0-380-510/local/-/media/2017/01/22/WIGroup/PackersNews/636207104272336986-APC-GB-vs-ATL-NFC-Champ-2164-022217wag.jpg

2017 Green Bay Packers Season, Week 1:

Packers 17

Seahawks 9

636406741512863526-MJS-packers10-23-hoffman.jpg-packers11.jpg

When you have a hybrid pit bull/Tasmanian devil named Mike Daniels, your defense is to be feared! The Packers' relentless defensive end terrorized Russell Wilson and Seattle's running backs all game long, as the Packers won a tough, gladiator-like cage match with the Seahawks.

Points were at a premium Sunday afternoon. Aaron Rodgers and the Packer offense struggled greatly in the first half, but they got the job done in the 2nd, thanks to some tough play from Ty Montgomery and Randall Cobb, and also from yet another "free play TD" from Rodgers to Nelson. All the while, the Packer defense nullified Eddie Lacy and frustrated Wilson and his passing game.

Best Play: Newly acquired TE Martellus Bennett defending his quarterback from a nasty hit late in the game. He may have gotten a 15-yard penalty for leveling the Seattle defender, but he earned a lot of respect from Rodgers and his teammates. He ain't gonna take any BS from anybody!!

• Like 1

The defense-oriented Seattle game came down to crucial mistakes, and Seattle made them. Great defense on both sides, minus the penalties on the Seattle side. You can't give Aaron Rogers a free shot at the long ball and expect to win a close game. Ever. Excellent coverage by the GB secondary really put the squeeze on Wilson. Really an impressive win by the Packers. :yes:
  • Like 2

The defense-oriented Seattle game came down to crucial mistakes, and Seattle made them. Great defense on both sides, minus the penalties on the Seattle side. You can't give Aaron Rogers a free shot at the long ball and expect to win a close game. Ever. Excellent coverage by the GB secondary really put the squeeze on Wilson. Really an impressive win by the Packers. :yes:

It was a good old-fashioned defensive game, which is heresy in today's pass-happy, offense-happy NFL. Lots of bad blood, pushing and shoving, and after the whistle scuffles. If teams want to beat bullies like Seattle, then they have to hit back. The Packers did just that. :haz:

• Like 1

It was a good old-fashioned defensive game, which is heresy in today's pass-happy, offense-happy NFL. Lots of bad blood, pushing and shoving, and after the whistle scuffles. If teams want to beat bullies like Seattle, then they have to hit back. The Packers did just that. :haz:

Something about the words "Seattle" and "bully" being in the same sentences makes me laugh.

http://cmgpbprealtime.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/imagescaeud3j41.jpg

2017 Green Bay Packers Season, Week 2:

Packers 23

Falcons 34

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was....

636412923895071194-MJS-packers18-28ofx-wood.jpg

2017 Green Bay Packers Season, Week 3:

Packers 27

Bengals 24 (OT)

It was déjà vu all over again for the Packers, who were well on their way to recreating their nasty loss to the Bengals in 2009. They played eerily similar to the 2009 team, which allowed Rodgers to be sacked numerous times and allowed the Bengals to score with little resistance.

But then the 2nd Half started, and the Packers got their act TOGETHER. Great win. Bengals played their hearts out, but they let Aaron Rodgers & Co. off the hook!

:haz: :haz:

636418716657461429-APC-GBvsBengals-092417-00868-djp.jpg

636418823413937761-APC-GBvsBengals-092417-01865-djp.jpg

636418823423765824-APC-GBvsBengals-POSSIBLECOVER092417-02180-djp.jpg

Edited by Principled Man

This pic is pretty good, too. The GAME WINNER!!

wKVcueH.jpg

Was that the view from your seats? If so very nice! I have never been to Lambeau field before

Yes, I was in Section 130, Row 21. On the west side of the south end zone (and in the shade!).

I normally spend extra and get tickets near the 50, behind the Packers' bench, but I had special friends come up from Cincinnati to see the game. They had end zone seats, so I went there.

I took 722 pictures with my digital camera during my weekend in Green Bay. :laughing guy: Mostly action shots during the game...... lots of work!!

This pic is pretty good, too. The GAME WINNER!!

wKVcueH.jpg

Was that the view from your seats? If so very nice! I have never been to Lambeau field before

Yes, I was in Section 130, Row 21. On the west side of the south end zone (and in the shade!).

I normally spend extra and get tickets near the 50, behind the Packers' bench, but I had special friends come up from Cincinnati to see the game. They had end zone seats, so I went there.

I took 722 pictures with my digital camera during my weekend in Green Bay. :laughing guy: Mostly action shots during the game...... lots of work!!

From whatI have heard it's a great venue to watch football. Also that tickets are very hard to come by especially if one wants season tickets. My Bucs will be visiting there in December. The winter months have proved to be unkind to our tropical acclimated team. ;)

Also that tickets are very hard to come by especially if one wants season tickets.

There are well over 100,000 people on the waiting list for Packer season tickets, and they have a long wait. Current season ticket holders are able to pass on their tickets in their wills, and the rate of turnover (people actually giving their tickets back to the Packers for resale) is very slow.

Get your children's or grandchildren's names on the list NOW, so they can have a chance in the future! :laughing guy:

• Like 1