The Green Bay Packers Thread

Principled Man

http://www.packers.com/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/article_images/2014/06-june/140619-nelson-bike-300.jpg

:)

Love the basket... often the kids carry the helmets

Just make sure only the equipment manager and the quarterback handle the footballs.

LiX, isn't it nice to root for a team that will still be playing meaningful games in October?

• Like 2

http://www.packers.com/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/article_images/2014/06-june/140619-nelson-bike-300.jpg

Just make sure only the equipment manager and the quarterback handle the footballs.

LiX, isn't it nice to root for a team that will still be playing meaningful games in October?

Oct... :LMAO:

Shoot....we start planning playoff parties and vacations in September..... ;) ;)

If the Pack bolstered their D, whoo boy, they could take the NFC this year.

Their defensive linemen are in good shape, especially because of BJ Raji's return. Letroy Guion has been a good free agent pickup. The secondary is in transition, but their new players are very talented. The key is their linebackers. Nick Perry and Matthews have to stay healthy, and the newcomers have to be solid. If their pass rush is as good as it was last year, they should be OK.

They don't need a great defense to win it all. With their offense, all they need is a good solid defense that can force punts and take the ball away.

I have Aaron Rodgers, Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson on my fantasy team. Hope we can bring the Lombardi Trophy home this season.

I pre-rank Rodgers #1 every year, and I usually get him every year in my league (mostly populated by Viking fans). When I have Rodgers, I always finish in the Top Three in my league. Studs like Rodgers and Brady and Luck are worth a #1 pick.

• Like 1

I have Aaron Rodgers, Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson on my fantasy team. Hope we can bring the Lombardi Trophy home this season.

I pre-rank Rodgers #1 every year, and I usually get him every year in my league (mostly populated by Viking fans). When I have Rodgers, I always finish in the Top Three in my league. Studs like Rodgers and Brady and Luck are worth a #1 pick.

And in that order too. I think right now Rodgers is the best QB in the league.

And in that order too. I think right now Rodgers is the best QB in the league.

Only because Brady is out... right? Asshole... you would say something like that!

;)

• Like 1

Report: Jordy Nelson initially diagnosed with torn ACL

Posted by Josh Alper on August 23, 2015, 3:05 PM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwi1nje2zmjmymm1mwy1zjy3y2u3njc0mdq3n2rlzjcx-e1440356726720.jpeg?w=229

The Packers may be without wide receiver Jordy Nelson for the entire 2015 season.

Nelson left Sunday’s game against the Steelers on the first series of the game after landing awkwardly on his left leg while coming down with a pass from Aaron Rodgers. Nelson was able to limp off the field and did some walking on the sideline before heading to the locker room, but it doesn’t look like that was a sign he avoided serious injury.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the initial diagnosis of Nelson’s injury is a torn ACL. They are awaiting MRI results to confirm that diagnosis, but it doesn’t look good for Nelson after he went down without any contact from a Steelers defender.

Nelson’s loss would be a big one for the Packers, although the presence of Aaron Rodgers and good depth behind Randall Cobb should keep it from devastating the offense. Davante Adams, Jeff Janis, Myles White and rookie Ty Montgomery will all be in line for bigger roles if Nelson is indeed out of the picture and tight ends Richard Rodgers and Andrew Quarless would likely see their pass catching roles change as well.

Uggh. Horrible news about Nelson...

The Packers were one of the healthiest teams in the league last year. I wasn't expecting a major injury to hit them this year, but I was certainly preparing myself for one. The NFL Injury Demons never pass over a team two years in a row.....or so it seems. :huh:

The most fascinating thing about the loss of this star player is the broad spectrum of predictions about the upcoming season. Some say that the Packers have no chance of going all the way now. Others say that the team is so talented that they can take a big hit like this and still do it.

The first few games will be rough. Defenses will load up against Eddie Lacy and Randall Cobb. The Packer TE's and other WR's (especially Davante Adams) will have to step up in a hurry. Without a field-stretching deep threat like Nelson, the Packer offense will face a lot of tough man-to-man coverages.

Adapt. Improvise. Overcome. WIN!!

Report: AC joint sprain for Randall Cobb

Posted by Josh Alper on August 30, 2015, 4:17 PM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptezmjgyy2izmtmzmwriotyyzdbjmdc4zdyzmjg0odqy-e1440965835943.jpeg?w=220

Packers wide receiver Randall Cobb feared a broken collarbone when he was first injured in Saturday’s game against the Eagles, but they were able to rule out an injury of that severity before the night was over.

Cobb went for further tests on Sunday and Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that he has been diagnosed with a “minor” AC joint sprain.

It’s a better outcome than a broken collarbone, certainly, but Cobb probably can’t be assured of playing against the Bears in Week One. Players have missed good chunks of time with similar injuries — Redskins wide receiver DeSean Jackson hasn’t played at all in the preseason after spraining his AC joint early in training camp — and it will take some time before the Packers will have a clear idea about his status.

If Cobb can’t play, the Packers would start their season without both of their top wideouts since Jordy Nelson is out with a torn ACL. Barring any additions from outside the organization, Davante Adams, Jeff Janis and Ty Montgomery would likely be the top three receivers in their absence.

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptezmjgyy2izmtmzmwriotyyzdbjmdc4zdyzmjg0odqy-e1440965835943.jpeg?w=220

Packers wide receiver Randall Cobb feared a broken collarbone when he was first injured in Saturday’s game against the Eagles, but they were able to rule out an injury of that severity before the night was over.

Cobb went for further tests on Sunday and Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that he has been diagnosed with a “minor” AC joint sprain.

It’s a better outcome than a broken collarbone, certainly, but Cobb probably can’t be assured of playing against the Bears in Week One. Players have missed good chunks of time with similar injuries — Redskins wide receiver DeSean Jackson hasn’t played at all in the preseason after spraining his AC joint early in training camp — and it will take some time before the Packers will have a clear idea about his status.

If Cobb can’t play, the Packers would start their season without both of their top wideouts since Jordy Nelson is out with a torn ACL. Barring any additions from outside the organization, Davante Adams, Jeff Janis and Ty Montgomery would likely be the top three receivers in their absence.

Their top three receivers against Cutler and the Bears have usually been defensive players.

• Like 1

Their top three receivers against Cutler and the Bears have usually been defensive players.

Cutler will serve them up a few picks.

Welcome back, James Jones!

A very wise move by the Packers. There is just too much uncertainty regarding the WR corps. Cobb is injured, Adams is a 2nd year guy who may or may not raise his game, and Montgomery is a rookie. Janis is the Wild Card. If he succeeds in stretching the field and making some clutch catches, this offense could survive without Nelson.

A very wise move by the Packers. There is just too much uncertainty regarding the WR corps. Cobb is injured, Adams is a 2nd year guy who may or may not raise his game, and Montgomery is a rookie. Janis is the Wild Card. If he succeeds in stretching the field and making some clutch catches, this offense could survive without Nelson.

yeah, they need a veteran in the group.

INDEED....... Who scores the Packers' first TD? JAMES JONES.

Packers 7

Bears 3