The Green Bay Packers Thread

Principled Man

Not here yet... Bad news for GBs running game

http://m.jsonline.co...icles/263927311

Franklin forced to retire due to neck injury...

Once again, we get a painful reminder of how fleeting a career in the NFL is. Sterling Sharpe, Terrance Murphy, Nick Collins, Jermichael Finley, Johnny Jolly, and now Franklin. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

To be honest, I didn't think Franklin was going to make the Packers' 53-man roster this year, but he could have done very well with another team. What a shame..... :(

Even before this, Tim Lewis was forced to retire from the Packers with a neck injury. He's been an NFL assistant now for about 25 years.

Defensive lineman Johnny Jolly has reportedly been medically cleared to play football again. :haz: His repaired neck is apparently good to go.

I would LOVE to see the Packers sign Jolly to a new deal. He brings a badass attitude and great physical talents to the defense.

Packers sign stud wide receiver JORDY NELSON to a new contract!! :haz: :haz:

http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/original700/jordy-nelson-2011-1-16-0-30-0.jpg

According to NFL Network, Nelson agreed to a four-year, $39 million contract extension that includes $14.2 million of guaranteed money. The signing bonus is just over $11 million, the league's network reported. Nelson will be a Packer thru the 2017 season.

http://www.purplecatpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/jordy-nelson.jpg

Edited by Principled Man

Packers sign stud wide receiver JORDY NELSON to a new contract!! :haz: :haz:

http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/original700/jordy-nelson-2011-1-16-0-30-0.jpg

According to NFL Network, Nelson agreed to a four-year, $39 million contract that includes $14.2 million of guaranteed money. The signing bonus is just over $11 million, the league's network reported. Nelson will be a Packer thru the 2017 season.

http://www.purplecatpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/jordy-nelson.jpg

Did the Packers have a clause preventing him from doing any more commercials for the WI Board of Tourism written into the contract?

Did the Packers have a clause preventing him from doing any more commercials for the WI Board of Tourism written into the contract?

I hope not! They're great!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OEKr3OIAj8

I hope not! They're great!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OEKr3OIAj8

I'm sure they are somehow in violation of the league's uniform policy or shoe/apparel contract.

Not to mention that if the commercial runs in October his shoes should be pink instead of red...because the NFL wants to pretend they care about women, while suspending someone who knocked a woman unconscious for a whole TWO games... :angry:

Edited by laughedatbytime

So Packers fans are still around after their team staggered into the play-offs with an 8-7-1 record, I thought they went off a cliff like a bunch of lemmings. And now they dare to come back into their own Packers thread and post about re-signing gimpy old men players like Jordy nelson. like they even have a chance to even compete with their own division! :moon: :nya nya:

:hi: Hello Packers faithful.

• Like 1

So Packers fans are still around after their team staggered into the play-offs with an 8-7-1 record, I thought they went off a cliff like a bunch of lemmings. And now they dare to come back into their own Packers thread and post about re-signing gimpy old men players like Jordy nelson. like they even have a chance to even compete with their own division! :moon: :nya nya:

I heard that Jordy was classified as a TE and paid accordingly...

He should be classified as a mascot and paid like a giant green and yellow monkey...

He should be classified as a mascot and paid like a giant green and yellow monkey...

Not everyone treats their productive players as poorly as the Saints...

:outtahere:

Jimmy Graham has a years supply of these:

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcppd0VD9n1qbohddo1_400.jpg

What more could he want?? :huh:

What more could he want? To be classified as a WR? :)

Pay attention, LABT. This is how you talk good funny smack..... :laughing guy:

What more could he want? To be classified as a WR? :)

...but then he'd have to go up against the cornerbacks and safeties who shut him out last year like Sherman, Talib and Earl Thomas all the time, instead of the linebackers he's been picking on his whole career...

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 1

Pay attention, LABT. This is how you talk good funny smack..... :laughing guy:

Well, it helps when you have a better team than who you're talking to.

Packers sign GM Ted Thompson to a new contract extension! :haz: :haz:

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site569/2014/0310/20140310__1-ted%20thompson.jpg

On the contract... "I'm very honored to work in this position with such fine people. The more you think about it, you don't want to walk away from something like this. I've got a lot of good friends here and co-workers that I enjoy coming to work with every day. ...To get a chance to continue to do this, when you put all the chips on the table, it's no choice. I want to be here. From a negative standpoint, it's easy to say I'll ride off into the sunset. But I have people I'm responsible for, too. ...There's a certain amount of responsibility for the people you work for."

On if he thought about walking away... "No. I was asked that question a lot. But I felt good. You're always self-evaluating as you go along in life, how much you want to do this. I have family back in Texas. ...Want to see them time to time, be more connected with my family."

On goals... "In terms of how I feel, I feel great. I'm honored Mark Murphy and the organization want to have me. This place means a lot to me. ...Honored to be a part of it."

On timeline/how long he wants to go ... "I'll let it play itself out. Some people have artificial dates in mind, X-amount of years. But I think everybody's different. It seems to me a lot of people can be very productive later on in life. We'll see. I enjoy what I do. I feel pretty energized to keep going."

On spending more time with family, if he'll delegate more... "I don't think so. ...You just manage your time a little better. ...If you have time, zip home and maybe see my nephew play ball."

On still scouting... "I'm a scout. That's what I do, that's what I enjoy. ...Look for that diamond. You're still looking to one-up somebody else who's in your business. So I'm still scouting."

On if this suggests team's run will continue... "We have a chance to be a pretty good team if we play well. But none of this was based on... the answer's 'no.'"

On how good of a start team is off to... "This is me knocking on wood, when you say something like that. You never talk about your good fortunes. If things are going good, you stay quiet. All kinds of things happen during the course of a season."

On if he'll say what 'multi year' means... "No, I'm not a very specific guy."

On priority to re-sign Mike McCarthy... "It's a big priority."

On his relationship with McCarthy... "When two people work together, you develop certain understandings of each other. ...I think we have a very good working relationship. We anticipate each others' thoughts often. I think it's working well and has worked well."

On what he looks for in camp... "I try to take it all in. If you try to take too much of it, you won't get any of it. I'll focus on groups going into a day. Hopefully after three or four days you have all the groups done."

On Eddie Lacy... "He's probably more confident and relaxed. He's got his own style. And quite frankly I admire it. A lot of people are nervous and concerned with what people think. He goes through life with a big smile on his face."

On what he enjoys about job... "I'm not a nervous wreck on game day, which is nice. But I know the type, I've seen them. I think the process, the growing. You go into a winning locker room after all the sacrifices these young men make and their families and the coaching staff, you go into a winning locker room, to me I don't think it gets any better than that. It makes a lot of things that aren't comfortable, more comfortable."

Packers sign GM Ted Thompson to a new contract extension! :haz: :haz:

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site569/2014/0310/20140310__1-ted%20thompson.jpg

On the contract... "I'm very honored to work in this position with such fine people. The more you think about it, you don't want to walk away from something like this. I've got a lot of good friends here and co-workers that I enjoy coming to work with every day. ...To get a chance to continue to do this, when you put all the chips on the table, it's no choice. I want to be here. From a negative standpoint, it's easy to say I'll ride off into the sunset. But I have people I'm responsible for, too. ...There's a certain amount of responsibility for the people you work for."

On if he thought about walking away... "No. I was asked that question a lot. But I felt good. You're always self-evaluating as you go along in life, how much you want to do this. I have family back in Texas. ...Want to see them time to time, be more connected with my family."

On goals... "In terms of how I feel, I feel great. I'm honored Mark Murphy and the organization want to have me. This place means a lot to me. ...Honored to be a part of it."

On timeline/how long he wants to go ... "I'll let it play itself out. Some people have artificial dates in mind, X-amount of years. But I think everybody's different. It seems to me a lot of people can be very productive later on in life. We'll see. I enjoy what I do. I feel pretty energized to keep going."

On spending more time with family, if he'll delegate more... "I don't think so. ...You just manage your time a little better. ...If you have time, zip home and maybe see my nephew play ball."

On still scouting... "I'm a scout. That's what I do, that's what I enjoy. ...Look for that diamond. You're still looking to one-up somebody else who's in your business. So I'm still scouting."

On if this suggests team's run will continue... "We have a chance to be a pretty good team if we play well. But none of this was based on... the answer's 'no.'"

On how good of a start team is off to... "This is me knocking on wood, when you say something like that. You never talk about your good fortunes. If things are going good, you stay quiet. All kinds of things happen during the course of a season."

On if he'll say what 'multi year' means... "No, I'm not a very specific guy."

On priority to re-sign Mike McCarthy... "It's a big priority."

On his relationship with McCarthy... "When two people work together, you develop certain understandings of each other. ...I think we have a very good working relationship. We anticipate each others' thoughts often. I think it's working well and has worked well."

On what he looks for in camp... "I try to take it all in. If you try to take too much of it, you won't get any of it. I'll focus on groups going into a day. Hopefully after three or four days you have all the groups done."

On Eddie Lacy... "He's probably more confident and relaxed. He's got his own style. And quite frankly I admire it. A lot of people are nervous and concerned with what people think. He goes through life with a big smile on his face."

On what he enjoys about job... "I'm not a nervous wreck on game day, which is nice. But I know the type, I've seen them. I think the process, the growing. You go into a winning locker room after all the sacrifices these young men make and their families and the coaching staff, you go into a winning locker room, to me I don't think it gets any better than that. It makes a lot of things that aren't comfortable, more comfortable."

Can he play safety though?

Can he play safety though?

And does he shred a guitar? And would it be metal if he does? ;)

You had a shot at Jeff Ireland and you rehired THIS GUY?

Does Rodgers know? He hasn't asked for a trade yet so I'll assume not...

Ireland was interviewing for the job, but then the Packers' President, Mark Murphy, asked Ireland if his mother was a prostitute.....and that pretty much ended the interview right there.... :scared:

Ireland was interviewing for the job, but then the Packers' President, Mark Murphy, asked Ireland if his mother was a prostitute.....and that pretty much ended the interview right there.... :scared:

He must have gotten his trading acumen from his mom, then...

Packers fear Jared Abbrederis tore his ACL

Posted by Josh Alper on August 1, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptfjntq0owy5mtkzmtlmodi4m2y2mthjmju5nzbimdnk-e1406924086563.jpeg?w=234

It looks like Packers wide receiver Jared Abbrederis is going to spend his rookie season on injured reserve.

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that the Packers believe Abbrederis tore his ACL during practice on Thursday. Abbrederis was headed for more tests on Friday and coach Mike McCarthy wouldn’t confirm anything about the severity of the injury when he met the media.

“I haven’t had time to sit down with the medical staff,” McCarthy said. “Right now, he has a knee. He completed practice yesterday.”

Abbrederis was a fifth-round pick after catching 202 passes during his Wisconsin career and was competing for punt return duties in addition to an offensive role. Now it looks like he’ll have to wait and try his luck again next year.

Packers fear Jared Abbrederis tore his ACL

Posted by Josh Alper on August 1, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptfjntq0owy5mtkzmtlmodi4m2y2mthjmju5nzbimdnk-e1406924086563.jpeg?w=234

It looks like Packers wide receiver Jared Abbrederis is going to spend his rookie season on injured reserve.

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that the Packers believe Abbrederis tore his ACL during practice on Thursday. Abbrederis was headed for more tests on Friday and coach Mike McCarthy wouldn’t confirm anything about the severity of the injury when he met the media.

“I haven’t had time to sit down with the medical staff,” McCarthy said. “Right now, he has a knee. He completed practice yesterday.”

Abbrederis was a fifth-round pick after catching 202 passes during his Wisconsin career and was competing for punt return duties in addition to an offensive role. Now it looks like he’ll have to wait and try his luck again next year.

Read it just a minute ago..... :boohoo: :boohoo: He has often been accused of being "fragile", but torn ACL's can happen to anyone.....