Vote for Countdown to wake up the astronauts!

spacegator

They may have taken the top two spots from us, but what they can't take away is Countdown's very real connection to the Shuttle program and its homage to the wonders of human ingenuity, exploration, and discovery.

The trekkies stole this one fair and square. An organized mass complaint campaign would just make us a bunch of whiny fanboys.

Let them have their two single wake-up calls on two separate multiple day missions--we've still got Countdown.

P.S. It's not too late for Rush to submit a song for the original composition portion of the competition. cheer.gif

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Deckiller @ Aug 27 2010, 08:58 PM)
At least we're higher up the evolutionary chain. We can actually spread our genes biggrin.gif

Edit: My problem with die-hard trekkies is that they are self-centered. In this case, it's not just a matter of blind voting for a Rush song; it's actually a legitimate pick.

Deckiller, you are just as bad as all these clueless music critics who think that Rush still does 20 min sci-fi epics. Don't forget that as far as most people are concerned, being a Rush fan makes you just as big a geek-spaz-dork-D&D playing, living in your parent's basement "permavirign" nerd as any Trekkie! And Rush fans are just as intensely loyal and fanatical. I have a foot in both worlds, and that's been my experience. Don't be so quick to judge. (no need to quote the obvious line from "Witch Hunt" here...lol)

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Aug 29 2010, 10:28 AM)
At least we're higher up the evolutionary chain. We can actually spread our genes biggrin.gif

Edit: My problem with die-hard trekkies is that they are self-centered. In this case, it's not just a matter of blind voting for a Rush song; it's actually a legitimate pick.

Deckiller, you are just as bad as all these clueless music critics who think that Rush still does 20 min sci-fi epics. Don't forget that as far as most people are concerned, being a Rush fan makes you just as big a geek-spaz-dork-D&D playing, living in your parent's basement "permavirign" nerd as any Trekkie!

I dont agree. Rush puts one in nerd land, but being a trekkie puts you on the town council. laugh.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 29 2010, 09:31 AM)
QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Aug 29 2010, 10:28 AM)

Deckiller, you are just as bad as all these clueless music critics who think that Rush still does 20 min sci-fi epics. Don't forget that as far as most people are concerned, being a Rush fan makes you just as big a geek-spaz-dork-D&D playing, living in your parent's basement "permavirign" nerd as any Trekkie!

I dont agree. Rush puts one in nerd land, but being a trekkie puts you on the town council. laugh.gif

2.gif land Councilman CygXanTor.....I like the sound of that! wink.gif

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Aug 29 2010, 09:28 AM)

Deckiller, you are just as bad as all these clueless music critics who think that Rush still does 20 min sci-fi epics. Don't forget that as far as most people are concerned, being a Rush fan makes you just as big a geek-spaz-dork-D&D playing, living in your parent's basement "permavirign" nerd as any Trekkie! And Rush fans are just as intensely loyal and fanatical. I have a foot in both worlds, and that's been my experience. Don't be so quick to judge. (no need to quote the obvious line from "Witch Hunt" here...lol)

I'm a trekkie too, Cyg. It was a joke smile.gif

You should check out my post in the "You know you're a Rush fan when..."

QUOTE (Deckiller @ Aug 29 2010, 10:35 AM)
QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Aug 29 2010, 09:28 AM)

I'm a trekkie too, Cyg. It was a joke smile.gif

You should check out my post in the "You know you're a Rush fan when..."

Sorry, I just jumped in here at the end. There have been posts like yours in the past that weren't jokes. Maybe I should go back and read the whole thread(?). biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Deckiller @ Aug 29 2010, 12:01 PM)
I hope it was all in jest. You know, jabs at their fanbase for busting on ours smile.gif

In most cases, probably. But some have been downright hateful - as if they're very reason for being is suddenly in jeopardy or some such. (In fairness, not all of us have played "nice" either).

Kinda interesting, as there are several folks who are hardcore fans of BOTH.

I'm sure they're going to do something. Hopefully they've got a backup of the results before everyone went crazy, and they restore that and limit voting, instead of deleting the songs.

Either way, no real point in voting now until we hear something. Looks like Star Trek hasn't stopped going up.

QUOTE (Prime Mover and Shaker @ Aug 30 2010, 04:04 PM)
I hope NASA strings the Trekkies along....

....and then "accidentally" plays the Star Wars theme.

rofl3.gif

That would make my life.

If the top 3 get disqualified, we should start voting for Star Wars and try to get it up to second. tongue.gif

But if NASA doesn't do anything, I probably won't vote anymore, since there's really no point. I see the Big Head Todd people are still at it, though.

QUOTE (Prime Mover and Shaker @ Aug 30 2010, 08:04 PM)
I hope NASA strings the Trekkies along....

....and then "accidentally" plays the Star Wars theme.

spit6ph.gif

Archived