Can you call security on security???

fool4rush

I've been around since almost it began, no not since the birth of fire, since Rush

started touring North America. Been to almost 100 shows, usually spend bank to

get a great seat. I buy a front row to REDROCKS, supposed to be the best venue in the country, hmff. So there I am enjoying the show, when some guy that works for the venue, never saw him before, comes from nowhere, wrenches my arm back and up behind my back and starts dragging me out, before the show was over! No," hey your committing some imaginary crime, stop that , stop that having fun thing" no warning! Look, I'm already up front what could lil old me be up to???

It was terrifying and I was alone, and no one was willing to help except the other security dirt bags. I said "you can't put your hands on me take your hands off" and all that did was make this loser want to take me down harder and faster. The guy assaulted me, and more importantly made me miss some of the show. Are you kidding me? it happened so fast that I was then left standing out side alone w/ no purse, no id, no renta car keys, no plane tix home...WTF It never would have happened if I had some big beefy dude w/ me.

I'm not just a chick, I'm old. And I was assaulted for no reason....if there was a reason

needle dick, didn't take the time to even tell me. I felt so helpless and humiliated.

What can we do? These venues need to be held accountable for the people THEY employ!

It is not my fault you didn't get that cop job!

Any thoughts, anyone have footage? I have a police report on file and the bruises to match. Is this what we women have to go thru??

What my $ isn't enough now you need my blood!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely report this to the venue. Dropping a line to Rush's management couldn't hurt, either. Sorry you had to go through that. I'm guessing a case of mistaken identity. Are the police going to be filing assault charges?

I thought I remembered reading something about a problem up front at a show...now I can't remember where it was.

I'm a lot of help.

indeed, thru my sobbing I recall him saying "Rush has stalkers"

Maybe so, but they happen to know w/out a doubt that I'm not one of them.

And how is that related to me? I was 2 foot behind the railing even, doing nothing but enjoying and dancing in my 1foot by 1 foot authorized area the entire time!! I know w/ all my heart that geddy, alex or Neil would never tell anyone to have me removed.

You weren't that chick that at Red Rocks, was $hitfaced up front taking tons of pictures and being rude by constantly moving into other people's seats to take the pictures were you? The one that Alex was yelling at? If you are that chick, then all I can do is say that you had it coming to you.

See this Utube video and the comments on it. Did you get removed right before the encore?

Edited by FootballYouBet

Screen going blank...Lightning?

Light Rigs not moving correctly...

Flimed or not....??Who knows?

TomSawyer gets butchered...

Alex Geddy and Neil in different spots on TS....

'Drunken' guitar solo...

fans abused...treated like terror suspects on 9-12-01 by an overzealous fascist loser wannabe guards ....

Sound like Red Rocks was really something else?

Did I miss anything?

QUOTE (FootballYouBet @ Aug 20 2010, 10:52 AM)
You weren't that chick that at Red Rocks, was $hitfaced up front taking tons of pictures and being rude by constantly moving into other people's seats to take the pictures were you?

That was at Irvine, not Red Rocks.

QUOTE (fool4rush @ Aug 20 2010, 09:59 AM)
Not me, i was on Geddy's side

Sounds like what might have happened to you was probably a result of other people, meaning that once they started having problems in the front rows security started to clamp down on the crowd in front in general, and became less tolerant of certain behavior. That said I have a hard time believing thatg they yanked you for absolutely no reason...

QUOTE (fool4rush @ Aug 20 2010, 09:49 AM)
Maybe so, but they happen to know w/out a doubt that I'm not one of them.
And how is that related to me? I was 2 foot behind the railing even, doing nothing but enjoying and dancing in my 1foot by 1 foot authorized area the entire time!! I know w/ all my heart that geddy, alex or Neil would never tell anyone to have me removed.

How do they know for a fact you're not one of them? I'm not being argumentative, I'm just trying to understand what happened.

QUOTE (fool4rush @ Aug 20 2010, 09:49 AM)
Maybe so, but they happen to know w/out a doubt that I'm not one of them...

Who is 'they', F4R?

The security guards or the bandmembers' themselves?

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Aug 20 2010, 10:48 AM)
This all sounds extremely odd....me thinks there may be more to this story to come....

Anyone else that was at the show see this? Seems like this would be something hard to miss in the middle of a concert...

Just wait, it'll probably be an extra on the DVD.

That really sucks! Usually even if you are doing something they don't like security will warn you first. I've seen people get dragged out of shows, but they were always doing something they knew would get them kicked out if they got caught.

And in your case, since they let you back in, that was an admission that you probably werent doing whatever they were accusing you of doing. Generally if someone does something to get kicked out the door is one way only.

Might have been an overreaction after what happened at Irvine.

You should definitely try to find vids. ANd take pictures of the bruises. And contact the venue and RUSH management and send it all to them. The band would almost definitely feel for you if you werent doing anything and got abused for it.

Let us know how this all turns out.

2.gif

Druid,

Please.... These forums blow things way out of proportion. I wasn't at Monday's show, but was for Wednesdays. It was freaking terrific. I mean flat out one of the best single rock shows, if not the best, I have ever seen.

It's fun to harp on a few mistakes here and there, but come on... these guys are almost 60 and they put on as flawless of a show as any band in music today. Let's not get carried away with nit-picking every little deviation from the original recordings.

It's utter nonsense that either of these shows were a "train wreck".

Lighting was very good, but Red Rocks has a narrow stage with a fairly low roof. That's the reason for the truncated lighting setup.

As for Red Rocks, I've been going there for 25 years. They typically have a relaxed and tolerant attitude. If a person is singled out it was either a big mistake or probably deserved. If it was a mistake I'd contact the venue and band management and see where that gets you. I've probably been to 30 shows at the Rocks and have never see blatant abuse by security. In fact you usually see them enjoying the whole experience.

Good luck!

Thank you, those of you that have kind words, it really means a lot to me.

Sounds like some of you have had a taste of some form of security abuse. I am hearing more stories about some stalker action in Irvine ?? Redrocks?? Other venues???

I know nothing about all that, but it does explain some of the hyper-active security.

What ya can't be a chick and into RUSH now w/out someone assuming your a stalker?

As for the show, up until then it was fantastic.

QUOTE (fool4rush @ Aug 20 2010, 12:17 PM)
Sounds like some of you have had a taste of some form of security abuse. I am hearing more stories about some stalker action in Irvine ?? Redrocks?? Other venues???
I know nothing about all that, but it does explain some of the hyper-active security.
What ya can't be a chick and into RUSH now w/out someone assuming your a stalker?

Well, I'm a woman and have been on the front row for a show - sang and danced and flirted with Alex - and never got hauled off as a suspected stalker.

I asked this once before - did they accuse you of being a stalker? And how do you KNOW that "they" (whoever THEY are) know you're not one?

Several good questions have been asked - can you help us figure out what happened by answering them?

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 20 2010, 10:34 AM)
QUOTE (fool4rush @ Aug 20 2010, 12:17 PM)
Sounds like some of you have had a taste of some form of security abuse.  I am hearing more stories about some stalker action in Irvine ?? Redrocks?? Other venues???

Well, I'm a woman and have been on the front row for a show - sang and danced and flirted with Alex - and never got hauled off as a suspected stalker.

I asked this once before - did they accuse you of being a stalker? And how do you KNOW that "they" (whoever THEY are) know you're not one?

Several good questions have been asked - can you help us figure out what happened by answering them?

right, what did security say to you once they dragged you out? clearly they must have had some sort of explaination.

QUOTE (Nathan @ Aug 20 2010, 07:59 AM)
QUOTE (FootballYouBet @ Aug 20 2010, 10:52 AM)
You weren't that chick that at Red Rocks, was $hitfaced up front taking tons of pictures and being rude by constantly moving into other people's seats to take the pictures were you?

That was at Irvine, not Red Rocks.

That's what I was thinking...

It was like deja vu all over again!!!

I was at the Irvine show. Although, from the lawn, we didn't notice any problems... wink.gif