Guitar Players: GAS early warning - new Lerxst axe

tskidmore

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Aug 19 2010, 02:21 PM)
I can only imagine how much Gibson will be asking for it.

Knowing Gibson it will be a lot. The last one (355) went for around 4K if I remember correctly. I got to play one of those and I wasn't as impressed as I wanted to be. I am a LP guy so this one will probably grab my interest.

QUOTE (tskidmore @ Jan 16 2011, 08:52 AM)
Ka ching on those 50.... I want one to play, not hang on wall.

Me too. I especially like the fact that it is not thin like the axcess. The trem is gonna take some tone away but the thickness will save some of it.

I was on another gibson forum and some guy posted the links to his Facebook pics. I looked around and you see both guitars there however in the 2nd link you'll see there is the back of a headstock that says AL 001 and then AL 002. I'm inlove with the red...lol

gibson pics 1

gibson pics 2http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs776.ash1/166602_180794185284184_100000608127765_476096_977857_n.jpg

Edited by elvtnedge

Edited by HowItIs

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jan 16 2011, 05:13 PM)

b_sigh.gif

Like most of you, it will be an unattainable dream for me. The last time I bought a LP it was stolen - a 50th Anniversary edition, too! angry.gif sad.gif

Hey HowItIs what happened with the guitar? Tell the story. That sucks, so did you buy it and the previous owner called the cops? Did you have to return it?

found this on another forum... YIKES!!!

"The Alex Lifeson model will be a limited run of 50 signed units, 25 of each color, Viceroy Brown and Royal Crimson. These will be signed models then they will follow with regular run units. Serial number 001 was one of the display models. I put plenty of detailed pix in the links I posted yesterday. I asked about pricing at the booth and they did not have pricing for the signed ones yet but the regular run will list at $6100ish or so. And yes, it does have a piezo with dual outputs, 2 push/pull volume controls for parrallel/series wiring, 1 volume for the piezo, and one master tone control. Pickups are 496R/498T. This is a pretty cool Les Paul with tons of tone options built in without ruining its classic looks IMO."

Ok so with a list of 6100 what is the street price? 3999?

Edited by elvtnedge

QUOTE (elvtnedge @ Jan 16 2011, 09:32 PM)
found this on another forum... YIKES!!!

"The Alex Lifeson model will be a limited run of 50 signed units, 25 of each color, Viceroy Brown and Royal Crimson. These will be signed models then they will follow with regular run units. Serial number 001 was one of the display models. I put plenty of detailed pix in the links I posted yesterday. I asked about pricing at the booth and they did not have pricing for the signed ones yet but the regular run will list at $6100ish or so. And yes, it does have a piezo with dual outputs, 2 push/pull volume controls for parrallel/series wiring, 1 volume for the piezo, and one master tone control. Pickups are 496R/498T. This is a pretty cool Les Paul with tons of tone options built in without ruining its classic looks IMO."

Ok so with a list of 6100 what is the street price? 3999?

Street price is usually around 40% off list if my sources are right. This is going to be one of those affordable sig models. That is, if you don't think Gibbys are already super expensive.

QUOTE (SignatureAurora75 @ Jan 16 2011, 06:58 PM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jan 16 2011, 05:13 PM)

b_sigh.gif

Like most of you, it will be an unattainable dream for me. The last time I bought a LP it was stolen - a 50th Anniversary edition, too!  angry.gif  sad.gif

Hey HowItIs what happened with the guitar? Tell the story. That sucks, so did you buy it and the previous owner called the cops? Did you have to return it?

Oy fists crying.gif

Well, bought it together with a friend/roomie... with my Credit Union loan. I had to leave in a hurry and couldn't find it. Of course she wouldn't give it to me but did promise to give me my half of the purchase price... eventually. I would have rather had the guitar but knew nothing about going to court, etc. I was nineteen. So it wasn't technically stolen but...

Man, that was a nice guitar b_sigh.gif

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jan 16 2011, 10:13 AM)
QUOTE (tskidmore @ Jan 16 2011, 08:52 AM)
Ka ching on those 50....  I want one to play, not hang on wall.

Me too. I especially like the fact that it is not thin like the axcess. The trem is gonna take some tone away but the thickness will save some of it.

Its the same body as a regular axcess, it is NOT any thicker...

QUOTE (elvtnedge @ Jan 18 2011, 06:33 PM)
Alex and gibson agreed 300 non signed guitars a year for 5 years so 1500 in total.

Canada is getting 10 of the 50 signed guitars.. 5 of each colour.

the signature will be on the back of the headstock

Ok, so let's do the math.

Gibson gets 1500 x 4000 = $6m

Big al gets 250 signatures x 2000 = $500k, and he probably gets a few free ones to give away to family, friends, staff etc.

And lastly for tskidmore

1 AL355 + 1 AL Axcess = 1 Angry Wifey.

tongue.gif

There are pics of this guitar that I took at NAMM as well in the Neil drum thread in this section. I took pics of the back and headstock. I also played the burst model. It is extremely light and more Lifeson than Les Paul. As a Les Paul guy this guitar interests me only as a Rush fan. I would prefer the 355 personally.