Guitar Players: GAS early warning - new Lerxst axe

tskidmore

Just had a chat with some guys from the Gibson Custom Shop...

According to these guys, a prototype of a new Alex Lifeson Signature Les Paul has been produced and is being evaluated for production late this year. One of these guys told me he got to play it and it was awesome.

Dont have a lot of details, only it that it is similar to the Les Paul Axcess, having a floyd rose. I am guessing these guitars will be a lot like the ones Lerxst is touring with now, a thicker body than the current LP axcess.

Thought some of you might be interested, I for one am already feeling GAS symptoms.

Edited by tskidmore

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine told me about a year and a half ago that there would be a new alex lifeson signature guitar coming out from gibson. I searched forums every month and saw nothing. He works for a distributor of Gibson so I guess he was on the money.

QUOTE (jdouglas @ Aug 20 2010, 06:47 PM)
Sweet!

I really like the look of the PRS Torero with FR.

It an SE but the locking nut takes the crappy SE tuners out of the mix.

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/4/9/9/675499.jpg

Nice. The tuners are really the only downsides to the SE series. I'm not really a big fan of EMGs though. I'd be very, very happy with a Torero with stock PRS humbuckers. And inlays.

I have a AL3100 and it is real nice soooo this

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh209/6cylrider98/al3100csbflamefloyd1.jpg

is for sale now.

QUOTE (SignatureAurora75 @ Aug 21 2010, 12:10 AM)
aww shit here we go again. I cant afford all these guitars. GAS. 10 and 9 too many. I still need the H&K Lifeson Triamp.

I'm really not a fan of his 3rd amp on this tour, the Coreblade I think it's called. Very gain-y, and bit mushy...like that sound when you run two dirt boxes together. Then again I'm always going to side with the vintage tones not the modern tones so I'm biased.

Someone tell his guitar tech to back off the gain on that thing...it's just too much IMO.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Aug 20 2010, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Aug 19 2010, 03:21 PM)
I can only imagine how much Gibson will be asking for it.

Watch it be $20,000

And yet Geddy's signature bass was once $600 eyesre4.gif

Yeah exactly.

Gibson's attitude on selling prices:

"Hey ass holes, you're gonna pay at least $3,000 or you can get the f**k out. And that 3,000 price is being generous too!"

From an interview on another site. A TRF member has the link posted in the Time Machine section.

Regarding the Les Pauls, have you made any new modifications to them?

"I haven't done anything since I got those guitars, but I've been working with Gibson on putting together a Les Paul Axcess model, which would be an Alex Lifeson signature guitar. It'll have the Floyd Rose, the piezo pickup in the bridge and single-coil taps in the volume pots. Basically, we've taken everything you could want in a guitar and we're putting it into a really true utility instrument in a fantastic platform."

QUOTE (mrbarlint @ Sep 1 2010, 11:32 AM)
From an interview on another site. A TRF member has the link posted in the Time Machine section.

"I haven't done anything since I got those guitars, but I've been working with Gibson on putting together a Les Paul Axcess model, which would be an Alex Lifeson signature guitar. It'll have the Floyd Rose, the piezo pickup in the bridge and single-coil taps in the volume pots. Basically, we've taken everything you could want in a guitar and we're putting it into a really true utility instrument in a fantastic platform."

Wow, this is my new dream guitar!! Looks like I'll be saving up for another 4 years and just get a custom right from Gibson Custom. Wish I had a job!! Haha. Thanks for the info!!

QUOTE (mrbarlint @ Sep 1 2010, 08:32 AM)

Oh, wow. Sounds like it'll be a Les Paul that I might actually WANT...

...except it'll probably end up being at least 5 grand at retail eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Sep 1 2010, 12:32 PM)
QUOTE (mrbarlint @ Sep 1 2010, 08:32 AM)

Oh, wow. Sounds like it'll be a Les Paul that I might actually WANT...

...except it'll probably end up being at least 5 grand at retail eyesre4.gif

That's what I'm worried about b_sigh.gif

I was about to post something on this and I'm glad someone already started it. I have wanted a Les Paul Axcess for a few years now but with these modifications.....I will own one... I may have to sell my car and live in a box but i'll have the guitar of my dreams smile.gif

Sweet! Thanks for the extra info. I have an Axcess now and it is my go-to guitar, but have wondered about a piezo in it. This could be awesome.

GAS getting stronger, I'm weak. Not sure I can resist, though divorce surely awaits, the AL-355 is still a sore subject and that was almost 2 years ago.

They are showing one of the AL LP Axcess at NAMM! Here is a link to a pic on the power windows site. No more info though, I havent seen tech specs and MSRP anywhere yet and nothing is on the gibson site yet....

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/newspics/...fesonAxcess.jpg

Anybody who went there know what it says on the card hanging behind it?