Call of Duty: Black Ops

The Owl

Looking forward to this game, and a robust multilayer experience....

The single player sounds fun, the story is set over the course of the cold war, so missions I am assuming take place from the end of WW2 to the fall of the Berlin Wall, over a 40 year period........ Very interesting.

Treyarch has promised a Co-Op campaign with up to 4 players online......very cool.....but what else are you buying a COD game for? The multiplayer...

check out this trailer for the multiplayer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgQyyoHDIzQ...player_embedded

Looking forward to the scene editor, you can watch your matches and edit them afterwards.......very cool...

After the clusterfuck of a game that Modern Warfare 2 was treyarch has commented in several things that WILL NOT RETURN (thankfully) for Black-Ops

- Tacticle Nuke, or any other game ending kill streak

- Killstreaks will not build to other killstreaks, you cannot sit in a corner and let a harrier do the work for you (YEEEEEEEESSSSSS!)

- NO COMMANDO AND NO ONE MAN ARMY (HELL YEAH!, taking out what ruined Modern Warfare 2)

- No machine pistols, or shotguns as secondaries, Treyarch said that gave the player "too much firepower" (I totally agree)

- A planned Beta (something MW2 did not have, it will get bugs out of multiplayer before launch)

- Easier Matchmaking (Another place where MW2 failed)

Cannot wait for this to come out...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey thanks for the post/link. This game looks awesome! I wasn't expecting the crossbows, or the 3rd killstreak with a remote control car! It looks great!!!

Also i heard from a friend that there will be a zombie minigame again. Idk if it is true though. He said they were called "Nam"bies, because they will be Vietnam soldiers.

NO COMMANDO AND NO ONE MAN ARMY (HELL YEAH!, taking out what ruined Modern Warfare 2)
- No machine pistols, or shotguns as secondaries, Treyarch said that gave the player "too much firepower" (I totally agree)

Yay for no comando ^_^ One man army i admit is fun, but with danger close it's just really really dumb, but i agree good thing it is dead.

As for the machine pistols i don't really mind it, minus the M93 Raffica, cause that gun is just as strong it seems as the FAMAS or M16A4. and the Spas-12 is just rigged laugh.gif

And as well i hope they fix the dam burst guns. I hate being shot by a FAMAS across the map and die after one burst, and even worse with the M16A4

Edited by *Limelight*

would also love to see painkiller thrown out. Nothing pisses me off more than to put 10 bullets in a guy with painkiller only to have him commando thru it and kill me. SUCKS!!!

Last night I was in a match with guys stabbing me all over the place with commando, so after the match was over, I made a class with marathon/lightweight/commando + painkiller and ran around with a tac knife and got them all back. I finished 28-22, it was fun getting payback!

I don't see why people complained so much about some of the multiplayer components in MW2... just learn to play the maps right and people who overuse the stuff you're complaining about won't be able to do shit.

Anyways, Treyarch has always been more or less IW's dumb cousin... so this game probably won't be that great.

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Aug 16 2010, 02:30 PM)
Hey thanks for the post/link. This game looks awesome! I wasn't expecting the crossbows, or the 3rd killstreak with a remote control car! It looks great!!!

Also i heard from a friend that there will be a zombie minigame again. Idk if it is true though. He said they were called "Nam"bies, because they will be Vietnam soldiers.

From what I hear, over on IGN, they're doing the leveled release again.. where they have a special editon (Hardened Edition) and an ultra special edition (Prestiege edition). The same way MW2 was released... and the 4 Nazi Zombie maps will be included in the Hardened edition of Black Ops, probably as a free download... along with a medal, and something else I cannot remember off the top of my head..

And for those curious, the prestiege edition comes with all of that plus a remote control car with a small spy camera that capture audio and video and sends it wirelessly to a computer...

I shit you not, that is really in the ultimate edtion of the game... a remote control car with working camera!

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 17 2010, 07:19 PM)
QUOTE (King Whompus @ Aug 16 2010, 02:30 PM)

From what I hear, over on IGN, they're doing the leveled release again.. where they have a special editon (Hardened Edition) and an ultra special edition (Prestiege edition). The same way MW2 was released... and the 4 Nazi Zombie maps will be included in the Hardened edition of Black Ops, probably as a free download... along with a medal, and something else I cannot remember off the top of my head..

And for those curious, the prestiege edition comes with all of that plus a remote control car with a small spy camera that capture audio and video and sends it wirelessly to a computer...

I shit you not, that is really in the ultimate edtion of the game... a remote control car with working camera!

That is AWESOME! I need to save up my money now! Or just get it for christmas laugh.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 17 2010, 08:19 PM)

uh oh....

I hope Limey doesn't see this unsure.gif

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Aug 17 2010, 08:53 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 17 2010, 08:19 PM)

uh oh....

I hope Limey doesn't see this unsure.gif

ph34r.gif

Too late.

Wtf?

QUOTE (solarcaravan @ Aug 17 2010, 06:09 PM)
This looks great and not the crap that is WaW. I actually like Treyarch's attempt at another CoD game this time.

This is what I was thinking, but I'll still have to wait because it's Treyarch. The game might still not be balanced. And all the things people complained about in MW2 would have been complained about if they weren't in the game too. People online always find a way to exploit, or otherwise find a way to annoy EVERYONE, in any game. So I don't know why people think MW2 was such a disaster. I enjoyed it a lot. Minus the single player.

Edited by Sussossus

The more I hear about it, the better it sounds.

Play modes like:

a pistol with 1 bullet - you have to shoot each player and take their bullet to keep going, or rely on melee attack.

everyone starts with a pistol and each time you kill someone, the gun gets better and better, finally ending with a sniper rifle.

Lately I have been playing a lot of HC HQ and loving it. The ACR kicks ass in HC mode.

QUOTE (Sussossus @ Aug 21 2010, 11:54 AM)
QUOTE (solarcaravan @ Aug 17 2010, 06:09 PM)
This looks great and not the crap that is WaW. I actually like Treyarch's attempt at another CoD game this time.

This is what I was thinking, but I'll still have to wait because it's Treyarch. The game might still not be balanced. And all the things people complained about in MW2 would have been complained about if they weren't in the game too. People online always find a way to exploit, or otherwise find a way to annoy EVERYONE, in any game. So I don't know why people think MW2 was such a disaster. I enjoyed it a lot. Minus the single player.

It was not only the many exploits in MW2 that pissed everybody off, it is that Infinity Ward sat on their asses and did nothing about it... A simple patch could have made the commando perk more realistic, and not a "jump from 20 yards away and kill the guy shooting you perk".... A simple patch to ensure that the One Man Army perk to where Noobtubes cannot be replenished infinitely could have alleviated that problem...... A simple patch that took tactical insertions out of the game so that boosting was not an issue....

Simple patches could have made MW2 a great game.... but Infinity Ward, knowing full well that the COD community had these issues, could have fixed their broken game, and they promised to do so, but not have delivered, and still think they have a game that is playable.... But as long as Robert Bowling gets his kills as a stealth clown, I guess all is good..... and don't even get me started on the overpriced map packs.. (WHICH INCLUDED OLD MAPS AS WELL...WTF)

Even the exploits they did fix, the vastly overpowered model 1887s, and the care package glitch, Infinity Ward took months for IW to get a patch out....

Give W@W heat all you want, but at least Treyarch supported their game post launch, and with reasonably priced map packs....

I cannot wait for Black Ops.... It won't be hard to surpass the abortion that was MW2

Just watched some multiplayer gameplay for this game on youtube. There are going to be flamethrowers, guided missiles, and the zombie mode has been confirmed if you didn't know that before. The game also comes with a 3-D attachment, so if you have a 3-D tv, you are in luck. If you don't then you can switch it back to normal mode. So the Zombie mode also has 3-D, which would really be interesting! I wish i had a 3-D tv!! common001.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Nov 7 2010, 01:30 PM)
Game is out on Tuesday!!!!!!!

Gonna go to the midnight release on Monday Night, and pulling an all nighter online........

a ps3 user? add me: "GRVrush2112"

I already added you! smile.gif

I ordered mine from Amazon.com... no idea when we'll actually get it.

I've been playing it... I'll start out with the singleplayer..

Arms and Legs above any other COD game, the best Call of Duty campaign I've ever played.... MW2s campaign was very short, not Black Ops the campaign is pretty lengthy compared to other COD games ... and the cinematics of the campaign are f***ing incredible. I have not finished the game yet, so I do not know how much more I've got.

Awesome score and soundtrack, nice to be blowing people away while pilioting a boat down a river in Laos while "Sympathy for the Devil" by the Stones is blaring......... Just WOW...

I've been online a bit too, a few things...

- This is very much balanced, every perk, gun...etc has a counter... Knifing needs to be nerfed a bit, but other than that, no qualms (yet)

- It will take a bit of time to get used to having recoil on your guns, recoil was almost non-existent in MW2, so be prepared for that.

- Wager matches are awesome, nice to see a variety in Free for all

I need to wait to see a few weeks and what develops in the multiplayer before a full judgment, but I like what Im seeing so far..

And I have not even had the chance to get to play any Zombies yet.

Connection Interrupted, Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted!

It's starting to piss me off!

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Dec 5 2010, 05:29 PM)
Connection Interrupted, Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted,Connection Interrupted!

f***ing Steam is a piece of shit! Why they had to ruin this game by getting them involved is beyond me.

QUOTE (RushNut @ Dec 6 2010, 03:30 PM)
QUOTE (King Whompus @ Dec 5 2010, 05:29 PM)

f***ing Steam is a piece of shit! Why they had to ruin this game by getting them involved is beyond me.

Completely agree with this!!!!

Take out a "win 2 matches of TDM" contract and I'm lucky to finish 2 games!!!

Steam? The people that took over Counter Strike on the PC?

They are the reason I stopped playing CS and Team Fortress Classic on the PC. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I guess I got lucky with having a 360 for Black Ops. I guess it's pretty bad on the other systems confused13.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Dec 7 2010, 01:38 PM)
I guess I got lucky with having a 360 for Black Ops. I guess it's pretty bad on the other systems confused13.gif

Almost unbearable in my opinion!

Video games don't make people violent, it's the f***ing lag!!!