Call of Duty: Black Ops

The Owl

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Feb 28 2011, 04:14 PM)
my new emblem:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p64/PhilCastro/TheDuck.jpg

laugh.gif

It's good, but the other was pretty kickass.

The new multiplayer maps.... in order of how much I like them

Stadium - smaller map, fun for running and guning, plus some great spots for territory battles

Discovery - All around fun map, the elevation changes make this map interesting

Kowloon - so many rooms and windows, lots of camping, but good gun battles. The zip lines and back alley passages make this one a little better than Berlin Wall for me.

Berlin Wall - WAY TOO MANY CAMPERS!!!

Stadium- I like this map, small, but unlike the awful Nuketown map, random grenades and horrible spawns are not an issue...only complaint is that this is in the Ground War rotation as well..... too small for that gametype...

Discovery - Awesome for objective based games, and great flanks... many, many sightlines..

Berlin Wall - TOO f***ing BIG.... almost every gametype i've played in this map is extremely slow paced... not a bad map, but I've gone several minutes in some instances without seeing an enemy

Kowloon - I really don't like this map, too much camping, and very unpredictable spawns.... Ghost makes this map almost torture.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 7 2011, 11:50 AM)
Berlin Wall - TOO f***ing BIG.... almost every gametype i've played in this map is extremely slow paced... not a bad map, but I've gone several minutes in some instances without seeing an enemy

Good point - me too. I usually find them all camping in a room looking out the windows. I snipe in this map just to pluck those campers in the windows.

Before Black Ops, and right at the start of Black Ops I usually played by myself and did not get into too many parties....

I am playing with alot of groups of people now and I do notice that Call of Duty playing alone is ALOT different than playing as an organized team that communicates.... The latter is VASTLY less rage inducing...

I am to the point where I cannot jump into a lobby of COD by myself anymore, due to shitty teammates who don't play the objective, or getting stacked against a whole team..

If you do not run with a squad do yourself a favor and find some teammates... much less frustrating.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 7 2011, 01:47 AM)
Before Black Ops, and right at the start of Black Ops I usually played by myself and did not get into too many parties....

I am playing with alot of groups of people now and I do notice that Call of Duty playing alone is ALOT different than playing as an organized team that communicates.... The latter is VASTLY less rage inducing...

I am to the point where I cannot jump into a lobby of COD by myself anymore, due to shitty teammates who don't play the objective, or getting stacked against a whole team..

If you do not run with a squad do yourself a favor and find some teammates... much less frustrating.

It's even better when you play crouch tactial play like I do. Team based communications are important. I can't stand stupid run n' gun.

QUOTE (RushNut @ Apr 8 2011, 11:23 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 7 2011, 01:47 AM)

It's even better when you play crouch tactial play like I do. Team based communications are important. I can't stand stupid run n' gun.

doesn't "crouch tactical" = camping??

I like patrolling an area of a map at a time. I move, because sitting there just gets you killed with a grenade or something, but each respawn I confine to a smaller area of the map. I don't like running all over the place, unless it's Capture the Flag or HQ or something.

I like waiting for an enemy, killing him, and then move away but i leave a claymore behind. Then watch him get killed by my claymore.

When i snipe (Rarely, due to the fact Black Ops sniping spots are sh*t) i like getting a kill and then moving to a totally different spot. They never know for sure where i could be!

New Annihilation Map Pack 3:

Looks like the best DLC imho. I'm skipping Escalation and getting this!

Hangar 18: Based around Area 51. Looks ok.

Silo: Hopefully more strategic gameplay.

Drive In: Basically Nuketown 2. Looks awesome!

Hazard: A sniper level? On Black Ops?! Impossible! But awesome!

Shangri-la: Love zombies and this looks promising! The tight passages may be a problem.

Overall, the maps look fresh and fun. I can tell they put more effort into this. More than likely i'm getting this map pack.

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss73/SASincrement/XBL/COD_DLC3_KeyArt_large.jpg

Edited by King Whompus