198 replies to this topic

#41 Tony R

Tony R

Prog Archivist

• Members *
  • 16917 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 1 2010, 04:38 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 1 2010, 10:33 AM)
Seems to me that some people spend so much time worrying what everyone else is doing that they forget to chill and have a good time themselves. The OP had great seats and a great view pity he had to spoil it for himself by getting worked up about nothing. Seems to me that if he fell into a barrel of titties he'd fret about who had managed to fall into a bigger barrel of bigger titties.

Clearly you are hell bent on causing more trouble than we already have...

STOP.

Stop posting this crap, okay?  You may not like the way we handle things here, but that's tough.

I've asked you twice to stop stirring things up.

You think there is something objectionable about my post? I was merely making an observation.
I used to get all worked up about people invading my space at concerts. When I was older I realised that I my energy and attention was better used enjoying the band. That is all.

Sponsored Post

#42 Rushgirl

Rushgirl

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:RUSH, RUSH, RUSH - drums, RUSH, Neil, Alex, RUSH

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (vital signz @ Sep 1 2010, 10:17 AM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Sep 1 2010, 10:58 AM)
Ok, enough name calling etc.  This thread doesn't need to be closed because we can't discuss this a grown-ups, does it?

People work their way to the front all the time, it happens at every show.

RUSHGIRL is a great girl, she is a very nice and considerate person. I am sure she didn't ruin anyone's experience, if she thought she was she wouldn't have tried to get up front and she would have gotten out of your way.  I have hung with her a few times and will again in the future...

Here's the problem.

All tickets at these venues up front are held by folks that sell them off to the highest bidder.  It's just the way its done.  If I told you how much I paid for my seats you would think I was crazy.

So along comes this inconsiderate person in Vegas and all of a sudden my wife is grabbing for her space because now this person shows up and tries to work herself into the 2 square feet that each of us had to stand in.  Then you are enjoying the show and security comes in and there ensues a whole conversation with a grown 40 something person begging to be allowed to stay all while Alex is playing his ass off.  Kinda hard to enjoy the stage when someone is begging and pleading to please not be made to go to the seat that she paid FAR FAR FAR less for somewhere behind front row.

Then she does it again.

This time she is removed before the show starts

Then she rudely does it again.

As for you stating that it happens all the time, GROW THE HELL UP.

This wasn't a GENERAL ADMISSION open floor show.

As for her being a nice person, she may be the cat's pajamas outside the venue, but inside at a Rush concert, she abuses others space and takes advantage of people that spend THOUSANDS for tickets from front row scalpers.  I am a nice and considerate person too.  Some on this board know me personally and can vouch for that.  I am sure she and I would get along fine.  I just am pointing out how it does offend those around her who witness it.  There were a lot of folks talking about it at both the shows I went to.  

Now if you want to close the thread, go ahead...that's your prerogative.  But there is no way it is cool to come up and steal space in the front row from someone who paid LOTS OF MONEY for that ONE SEAT.

You are an idiot aren't you???

Vegas was the ONE time and I left..........no big deal.  I came back again and again??????  Ummm NO!!!!!!!!!!

Has there been any other shows where I invaded YOUR space??

If you are referring to the NICE GUY I think you are, he is a VERY good friend of mine and there is NO WAY he warned you of my coming up as he ASKED me.

Do not speak of me as if I am rude and inconsiderate, you do NOT know me and I am as far from it as you can imagine.

You have not met me, talked to me or know a thing about me other than that I am in the front row alot AND I pay for those tickets, just like you.

So sorry I encroached on your space in Vegas, it won't happen again..... fists crying.gif  

#43 Da Fly

Da Fly

The Seeker

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Creamed corn

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:50 AM

13 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users):
Da Fly, Rushgirl, LaFellaStrangiato,

WWPD?

(What Would Patty Do?)

wink.gif

#44 Rushgirl

Rushgirl

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (Da Fly @ Sep 1 2010, 10:50 AM)
13 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users):
Da Fly, Rushgirl, LaFellaStrangiato,

WWPD?

(What Would Patty Do?)

wink.gif

Oh I am sure her highness will chime in here at some point with her delusional rantings about what a bad person I am.

bolt.gif  

#45 MULTIPLIED REACTION

MULTIPLIED REACTION

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8601 posts
  • Interests:Family, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Minnesota Vikings,Notre Dame Football, Chelseafc, fishing, bicycling

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:53 AM

The drunk slobbering idiots who fall into you  during the show are a much bigger problem in my eyes.

#46 Rushgirl

Rushgirl

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (vital signz @ Sep 1 2010, 09:38 AM)
Uhhh...

As it turned out, she was asked to leave BEFORE the start of the first set.  She begged and pleaded to be allowed to stay over and over and they asked her to leave.

Then she did it again before the second set.  

She stayed the whole second set.

The guy she does it to is a nice fellow, he said to me before the show to expect it to happen and to ask security to say something.  They caught her before I or anyone could, but the second set they gave up on her.

It is immature and rude.

And as for you Tony R you have been and always will be a horses rear end.

I think you are extremely CONFUSED as to A) who I am or cool.gif are stirring it up for no reason.

I was asked to leave 10 minutes into the set and did NOT come back except to say hi to my friend G up there.

I did NOT stay the whole 2nd set - I was up there for 10 minutes dude.

I was asked to leave and I did, and fwiw, I was NOT on Alex's side when i did stand there, so you have the wrong RUSHGIRL new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  

#47 Da Fly

Da Fly

The Seeker

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:04 AM

popcorn.gif  

#48 vital signz

vital signz

Médico en La Villa

• Members *
  • 5375 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Sep 1 2010, 11:49 AM)
Ok, enough name calling etc.  This thread doesn't need to be closed because we can't discuss this a grown-ups, does it?

RUSHGIRL is a great girl, she is a very nice and considerate person. I am sure she didn't ruin anyone's experience, if she thought she was she wouldn't have tried to get up front and she would have gotten out of your way.  I have hung with her a few times and will again in the future...

Here's the problem.

All tickets at these venues up front are held by folks that sell them off to the highest bidder.  It's just the way its done.  If I told you how much I paid for my seats you would think I was crazy.

So along comes this inconsiderate person in Vegas and all of a sudden my wife is grabbing for her space because now this person shows up and tries to work herself into the 2 square feet that each of us had to stand in.  Then you are enjoying the show and security comes in and there ensues a whole conversation with a grown 40 something person begging to be allowed to stay all while Alex is playing his ass off.  Kinda hard to enjoy the stage when someone is begging and pleading to please not be made to go to the seat that she paid FAR FAR FAR less for somewhere behind front row.

Then she does it again.

As for her being a nice person, she may be the cat's pajamas outside the venue, but inside at a Rush concert, she abuses others space and takes advantage of people that spend THOUSANDS for tickets from front row scalpers.  I am a nice and considerate person too.  Some on this board know me personally and can vouch for that.  I am sure she and I would get along fine.  I just am pointing out how it does offend those around her who witness it.  There were a lot of folks talking about it at both the shows I went to.  

Now if you want to close the thread, go ahead...that's your prerogative.  But there is no way it is cool to come up and steal space in the front row from someone who paid LOTS OF MONEY for that ONE SEAT.

Vegas was the ONE time and I left..........no big deal.  I came back again and again??????  Ummm NO!!!!!!!!!!

If you are referring to the NICE GUY I think you are, he is a VERY good friend of mine and there is NO WAY he warned you of my coming up as he ASKED me.

Do not speak of me as if I am rude and inconsiderate, you do NOT know me and I am as far from it as you can imagine.

You have not met me, talked to me or know a thing about me other than that I am in the front row alot AND I pay for those tickets, just like you.

So sorry I encroached on your space in Vegas, it won't happen again..... fists crying.gif

Ask Him.

#49 vital signz

vital signz

Médico en La Villa

• Members *
  • 5375 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (vital signz @ Sep 1 2010, 12:08 PM)

Then she does it again.

This part referred to Columbus.

#50 vital signz

vital signz

Médico en La Villa

• Members *
  • 5375 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (vital signz @ Sep 1 2010, 12:08 PM)
QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Sep 1 2010, 11:49 AM)

Here's the problem.

Then she does it again.

Ask Him.

Just to tell you exactly what happened,

I said hi to him, and he said hi back, and he updated me on how shows have been for him thus far.

He stated to me, and I quote,

Hey remember that girl that came up in Vegas into the front row? Word is she will do it again, and say something to security for me if you will...."

So I did.

Seeing as how you live in Toronto, and he lives in Mexico, I'd bet you aren't as good of a friend as you think you are.

#51 vital signz

vital signz

Médico en La Villa

• Members *
  • 5375 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Sep 1 2010, 11:58 AM)
QUOTE (vital signz @ Sep 1 2010, 09:38 AM)
Uhhh...

As it turned out, she was asked to leave BEFORE the start of the first set.  She begged and pleaded to be allowed to stay over and over and they asked her to leave.

Then she did it again before the second set. 

She stayed the whole second set.

The guy she does it to is a nice fellow, he said to me before the show to expect it to happen and to ask security to say something.  They caught her before I or anyone could, but the second set they gave up on her.

It is immature and rude.

And as for you Tony R you have been and always will be a horses rear end.

I think you are extremely CONFUSED as to A) who I am or cool.gif are stirring it up for no reason.

I was asked to leave 10 minutes into the set and did NOT come back except to say hi to my friend G up there.

I did NOT stay the whole 2nd set - I was up there for 10 minutes dude.

I was asked to leave and I did, and fwiw, I was NOT on Alex's side when i did stand there, so you have the wrong RUSHGIRL new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Nope.

Only one Rushgirl from Toronto hanging her license plate over the rail.

And Alex's side in Vegas, Ged's in Columbus.

It's you.  10 minutes in Vegas before security throwing you out, the whole second half in Columbus.

Edited by vital signz, 01 September 2010 - 11:18 AM.

#52 GeddyLeefan2112

GeddyLeefan2112

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1342 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Geddy Lee, not being at work

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:36 AM

Here's my problem. I'm sure Rushgirl is a nice girl, no one is disputing that (at least not with me) In fact, when I see pictures of her with her plates, I always smile because she's living the dream. The problem is people shelled out a ton of money for their front row seats, or even the close rows. Just because 90% of the time you pay for your front row seat does not mean you're entitled to ALWAYS be in the front row. I'm normally close at concerts, too. I just like to be close. At Germain Ampitheatre in 2007 I was sixth row, Geddy's side. I couldn't drop a huge wad of bills this time to get close seats. So I was not close. Was I a little bummed about it? Of course. Did I suck it up and have a blast at the seats I had? Of course. It's not just about crowding someone (which is a huge problem because they paid a lot of money to be there and enjoy the concert). She may not have been crowding anyone at all. But the principle of the matter is she didn't pay for front row seats this time around. So sometimes you just need to suck it up and deal with what you got. I would have loved to been front row. How about next time everyone just sneaks up to the front row? Since its no problem, I guess everyone can do it.
Switching seats is a whole nother issue. If someone wants to switch seats with you for a few songs or a set or however long, that's peaches and cream. But to just come up and get in the front row without have paid for it is just not right. IMO
Not trying to stir anyone up. Just giving my honest opinion on the matter.

#53 Da Fly

Da Fly

The Seeker

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:38 AM

I guess if one goes to multiple concerts, one needs to find something else to watch after the setlist is memorized, eh?

#54 RushRevisited

RushRevisited

The Hailing Administrator

• Admin
  • 21838 posts
  • Interests:My Family, Music, Golf, Astronomy

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Sep 1 2010, 12:36 PM)
Here's my problem. I'm sure Rushgirl is a nice girl, no one is disputing that (at least not with me) In fact, when I see pictures of her with her plates, I always smile because she's living the dream. The problem is people shelled out a ton of money for their front row seats, or even the close rows. Just because 90% of the time you pay for your front row seat does not mean you're entitled to ALWAYS be in the front row. I'm normally close at concerts, too. I just like to be close. At Germain Ampitheatre in 2007 I was sixth row, Geddy's side. I couldn't drop a huge wad of bills this time to get close seats. So I was not close. Was I a little bummed about it? Of course. Did I suck it up and have a blast at the seats I had? Of course. It's not just about crowding someone (which is a huge problem because they paid a lot of money to be there and enjoy the concert). She may not have been crowding anyone at all. But the principle of the matter is she didn't pay for front row seats this time around. So sometimes you just need to suck it up and deal with what you got. I would have loved to been front row. How about next time everyone just sneaks up to the front row? Since its no problem, I guess everyone can do it.
Switching seats is a whole nother issue. If someone wants to switch seats with you for a few songs or a set or however long, that's peaches and cream. But to just come up and get in the front row without have paid for it is just not right. IMO

Best post.  I 100% agree.

#55 Finding IT

Finding IT

Kung Fu Fighting

• Members *
  • 16010 posts
  • Interests:Family and Friends, Education, Literature, FIRST Robotics, Teaching Martial Arts, Baltimore Ravens, MMA, Writing, Special Needs Kids, Classical Guitar, Gerrymandering

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Sep 1 2010, 11:36 AM)

Very well stated. Sit where you bought.  

#56 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
  • Interests:It was what I was born for —
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 1 2010, 11:39 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Sep 1 2010, 12:36 PM)

Best post.  I 100% agree.

Me too.

I say this from experience.  And VS and RR were there when this happened.

At Cinci on the S & A tour, when I got the pick...first, I tried just sneaking up from 2nd row and getting cozy.  No dice.  I could tell it was too crowded, so I went back.

THEN, someone offered to SWITCH seats - his for mine, for a while.  That's totally different.

#57 iluvgeddy05

iluvgeddy05

Dances With Torn Sweater

• Members
  • 9518 posts
  • Interests:running, shopping, wine and good beer, good friends.

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:47 AM

goodpost.gif  

#58 GeddyLeefan2112

GeddyLeefan2112

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1342 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Geddy Lee, not being at work

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Sep 1 2010, 11:47 AM)

goodpost.gif

Your sig is another picture that I always smile at. Maybe someday....

#59 iluvgeddy05

iluvgeddy05

Dances With Torn Sweater

• Members
  • 9518 posts
  • Interests:running, shopping, wine and good beer, good friends.

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Sep 1 2010, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Sep 1 2010, 11:47 AM)

goodpost.gif

Your sig is another picture that I always smile at. Maybe someday....

biggrin.gif

#60 Prime Mover and Shaker

Prime Mover and Shaker

SOCN Court Jester

• Members *
  • 10205 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (Rush1 @ Aug 16 2010, 04:31 PM)
I agree....

In Vegas, they checked everyone trying to go to the floor, or to the front...no ticket no go...

Not everyone at every "checking post".  I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to get to row 2 (I had purchased row 18).

But it was a lark; there were 3 of us walking down there, and we all got checked, at every post, except the one up front, where the other two got checked, but not me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users