The Doctor Who thread.

The Owl

Just saw the first episode. Capaldi's gonna be great.

:o Wow! Really? You've seen it already?!

Can't wait to see it...I know he's going to be great

Just saw the first episode.

How is this possible? It's not set to air until august 23rd.

I found a leaked version of it.... It's a super rough cut, little CGI and in black and white. It was very very good, that's all I'll say. Looked a bit like this

http://cdn.grahamcluley.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/peter-capadli.jpeg

Thoughts?

The episode was very good. It makes me really want to see what the final cut of the show will look like when it comes on next month. Peter Capaldi is great in this episode. They made a good choice in casting him as The Doctor.

I have a question about The Master:

When in the series does he start hearing the drums?

That was all invented for the Derek Jacobi / John Simm Masters of the revived series. There was no mention of it in the old series.

But it was stated by the 10th Doctor that it was since childhood...so therefore Roger Delgado, Anthony Ainley and Eric Roberts must also have heard it

But then again....and this is where it gets complicated...

Since the drums were planted by the Time Lords as a way to escape the Time War, then it could be argued that pre-Time War Master never heard the drums, until the Time Lords changed the timeline so that he now always did hear them...yeah, time travel gets complicated :wacko:

• Like 1

That was all invented for the Derek Jacobi / John Simm Masters of the revived series. There was no mention of it in the old series.

But it was stated by the 10th Doctor that it was since childhood...so therefore Roger Delgado, Anthony Ainley and Eric Roberts must also have heard it

But then again....and this is where it gets complicated...

Since the drums were planted by the Time Lords as a way to escape the Time War, then it could be argued that pre-Time War Master never heard the drums, until the Time Lords changed the timeline so that he now always did hear them...yeah, time travel gets complicated :wacko:

Ah wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey!

Thanks Your_Lion! :cheers:

Hopefully if they bring back The Master, Charles Dance plays him.

He'd be my choice, too.

The Master is always best when his a darker mirror of the Doctor, like Delgado was for Pertwee, and Simm was for Tennant. I can very easily see Charles Dance being a perfect counterpoint to Capaldi

Now it looks like Clara is leaving after this season. Don't think I'll miss her much, she never really seemed very interesting. Hopefully Moffat can write a good companion for once

I heard about this earlier. I thought to myself: "why now?"

Now it looks like Clara is leaving after this season. Don't think I'll miss her much, she never really seemed very interesting. Hopefully Moffat can write a good companion for once

They say she's one of the longest running companions, but by the end of her first season with Capaldi, she'd have been with him way longer than Smith

They say she's one of the longest running companions, but by the end of her first season with Capaldi, she'd have been with him way longer than Smith

I don't know about longest running. In terms of episodes, she's only done half a season and a few specials with Smith and a season with Capaldi.

In 21st century Who, Amy will still hold the record with 2 and a half seasons.

The longest running companion ever is Frazer Hines as Jamie McCrimmon, who did three full years. And back in the 60's, Doctor who was on 48 weeks of the year...so that's heck of a lot.

I don't know about longest running. In terms of episodes, she's only done half a season and a few specials with Smith and a season with Capaldi.

The longest running companion ever is Frazer Hines as Jamie McCrimmon, who did three full years. And back in the 60's, Doctor who was on 48 weeks of the year...so that's heck of a lot.

I guess they mean longest running in the sense that she's been showing up since 2012

I guess they mean longest running in the sense that she's been showing up since 2012

Yeah, I guess she's had the part a while...they just haven't been making much actual Doctor Who :LOL: