How much $$$ does RUSH make a show...

osage2112

I've heard a performer will make $150 K per large arena performance.

If this is accurate, the boys would make $50 K per show.

Does that sound about right?

More POWER to them...I'm glad I can help with that.

It would be interesting to know what percentage of the audience bought scalper tickets.

Osage

I recall reading somewhere back on the VT tour that the band themselves would net about $150k per show. It might be more now that tickets cost more (but a lot of that could also go towards the venue / promoter/ ridiculously expensive stage setup)

I just saw Bon Jovi (no jokes please, free tix) at Chicago's Soldier Field.

That holds @ 60,000..

Rush's stage show is so much better, so I have to believe that they really put some serious money into that.

Seeing BJ made me appreciate what Rush does for its fans much more. They prob could cut back on the show and make more $, but every year the production gets better.

They are getting paid $450,000 from the NYS fair to play in Syracuse. It was in the 'cuse paper out here, comparing to the $1 million they are paying Aerosmith.

This does not account for tickets sold, merch, etc.

I have no idea how tax laws work for non-citizens who occasionally earn $$$ working in the US. I should imagine Rush writes a pretty sizeable check to the US Treasury whenever they tour here. Not to mention they pay taxes on that income in Canada as well.

So they have the potential to make 2.15 million this tour...before taxes.

So maybe by the time it's done...about a million.

Rock on.

Osage

QUOTE (osage2112 @ Aug 3 2010, 01:56 PM)
So they have the potential to make 2.15 million this tour...before taxes.

So maybe by the time it's done...about a million.

Rock on.
Osage

Did you read a couple posts above that they're getting $450,000 to play the state fair in Syracuse?

If they're making anywhere around that just to play at the other shows they're clearing way more than 2.15 million dollars for the whole tour even before you factor in ticket sales and everything else.

QUOTE (grimachi @ Aug 3 2010, 06:40 PM)
QUOTE (yyzyy @ Aug 3 2010, 05:41 PM)
This should help...

Snakes & Arrows Tour Financial Table

I remember the attendance figures not being that great for the SnA shows compared to capacity. Any ideas on the shows so far this time around?

Keep in mind that a lot of these amphitheaters have about 5,000 - 6,000 reserved seats and most of there capacity is on the GA lawns. So while the attendance figures don't look great the size of those lawns make it had for a lot or artists to sell out the entire venue. Still it's a little disappointing to see how little they've sold at a lot of these places.

When I saw them in Saratoga Springs a few weeks ago it seemed pretty full. I know the capacity there is over 25,000 and while I don't think it was sold out the crowd was a very respectable size.

Also, a lot of amphitheaters, at least the ones i've been to, always seem to be out in the middle of nowhere. Making it more difficult for people to get there. As opposed to playing an arena in a major city where there are more options like getting a bus, cab or train to get you to the venue rather quickly.

Maybe an arena tour would be better than an amphitheater tour when it comes to attendance. I would love to see them in an arena again.

Regardless of where they play, they're still making money hand over fist.

Grossing $65 million and keeping it is two different things. I can't imagine what it costs to employ all those people, to ship all that gear, to produce all those videos, to rent all that space, to hire security etc...the months of preparation....fuel expenses, food, etc. Does each band member have their own bus?

It's really a monumental endeavor. And to think they generate all those jobs just by doing what makes them happy. WHat a great feeling to know your supporting all those families and providing a good living to so many.

I love capitalism!

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Aug 3 2010, 05:49 AM)
I just saw Bon Jovi (no jokes please, free tix) at Chicago's Soldier Field.
That holds @ 60,000..

Rush's stage show is so much better, so I have to believe that they really put some serious money into that.

Seeing BJ made me appreciate what Rush does for its fans much more. They prob could cut back on the show and make more $, but every year the production gets better.

BJ sucks laugh.gif 2.gif doesn't! biggrin.gif

BTW.. I hope they make as much money as they can. That's what a free society is all about. And these boy's deserve every penny of it! 1022.gif 2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (briremo @ Aug 3 2010, 05:31 PM)
Grossing $65 million and keeping it is two different things. I can't imagine what it costs to employ all those people, to ship all that gear, to produce all those videos, to rent all that space, to hire security etc...the months of preparation....fuel expenses, food, etc. Does each band member have their own bus?

It's really a monumental endeavor. And to think they generate all those jobs just by doing what makes them happy. WHat a great feeling to know your supporting all those families and providing a good living to so many.

I love capitalism!

Perfect!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

if I remember correctly, Alex's court papers gave a number of approximately 5.5-6 million in tour income per band member.

From what I have heard/understand about the current Live Nation tour set up, the band basically gets most of the ticket sales and the venues

keep the concessions and parking.

These guys are not hauling it out in 90 plus degree weather every night for 50K a piece. Not these days.

QUOTE (pratt53 @ Aug 3 2010, 08:47 PM)
if I remember correctly, Alex's court papers gave a number of approximately 5.5-6 million in tour income per band member.
From what I have heard/understand about the current Live Nation tour set up, the band basically gets most of the ticket sales and the venues
keep the concessions and parking.

These guys are not hauling it out in 90 plus degree weather every night for 50K a piece. Not these days.

goodpost.gif

Archived