Favourite Female Singer/s

rickyrob

I really don't care for female singers at all. The only few exceptions would be Annie Haslam and Stevie Nicks.

misogynist

No, I just never cared much for them. I'm not a gung-ho female.

How about Karen Carpenter?

It's not that I don't think the female singers we've had or have aren't good, I just never pay any attention to them. Something about a female vocalist I don't care for. With only two exceptions - Stevie and Annie. Also like Chrissie Hynde

:yes: to Chrissie for sure.
  • Like 2

I love love LOVE Lita Ford! My 3rd favorite artist/band after Rush and Queen! I saw her live this summer and it was sooo great! And Im happy that a few have mentioned her in this thread!

Oh and I also like the singer in the prog rock band called Magenta (dont remember her name). But she got a really good voice.

I wrote this back in 2016, and would like to change it a bit. I still love Lita Ford, but I do not listen to her as much anymore. It's just to much good music in the world, so she have just slip thru the crack for me. I listen to her music sometimes, but very rarely these days.

And the singer in Magenta is called Christina Booth. I listen to them even less then Lita Ford. Maybe once a year. Can't really say why. I just forget about them. I really enjoy the music when I do listen to it tho!

I would also like to add a female artist that I am a fan of, and I saw live just 3 months ago. I have listen a bit to her music, streaming on youtube and such during the last 10 years. But then like 2 years ago she released all her records on vinyl, so then I bought them all. And now my fandom have raised a lot. The artist is P!nk. I am not much into modern pop music, but it's something about her music that I really enjoy! She has a great voice!

In no order...

Agnetha - Anni-Frid (The A's of ABBA)

Ann Wilson (Heart)

Annie Haslam (Renaissance)

Maddy Prior (Steeleye Span, Mike Oldfield)

Enya and Moya Brennan (Clannad)

Maggie Reilly (Mike Oldfield)

Lisa Dalbello

Doro Pesch

Amanda Lear (?)

Vera Lynn

Loreena McKennitt

Valerie Dore

Miny Parsons (Royal Thunder)

Jody Turner (Rock Goddess)

Anna von Hausswolff

Janita Hahn (Babe Ruth)

Inga Rumpf (Frumpy)

Leila K.

Linda Perry (!!!!)

Edited by greyfriar
  • Like 1

Elizabeth Fraser

Many more but she's at the top. Treasure was the first LP I heard of them back in '84. Two tracks in I thought she was two or three different singers. Loved that Jackson used her in the LoTR movies.

http://youtu.be/gziD6feMRmA

This cover of the Tim Buckley classic is amazing. Funny as she and Jeff Buckley (Tim's son) were romantically involved at one point.

http://youtu.be/HFWKJ2FUiAQ

Edited by Rutlefan

I really don't care for female singers at all. The only few exceptions would be Annie Haslam and Stevie Nicks.

misogynist

No, I just never cared much for them. I'm not a gung-ho female.

How about Karen Carpenter?

She's def in my top ten anyway.

• Like 1

k.d. lang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyIayL0b3nE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ4ANwlDb58

To the RUSH fans, Ben Mink is the farthest left of the stage in the 'Constant Craving' MTV Unplugged clip.

Ben also switches guitars for the brief acoustic guitar solo from a black six string Takamine to a white twelve string Takamine.

Edited by RushFanForever

Kim Deal. Kristin Hersh. Karen O. And Debbie Harry, of course!

First YYYs album still gets a spin now and again, it prob made my album of the year back then.

I really like the Master EP, and Show Your Bones too... hell, everything up until Mosquito. Fever to Tell (Maps, Date with the Night, Y Control) - not too shabby for a debut.
  • Like 1