DiGiorno Pizza!

Tarkus406

So what do you say?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. So what do you say?

• It's pretty good!
    • It's okay, but the crust tastes funny.
    • It's not delivery, It's Disgusting!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent Chicago style pizza is not supposed to be heavy and doughy if it's made correctly. The thickness comes from the huge filling of cheese and toppings, not from a wadded up mess of pasty crust.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jul 31 2010, 07:13 PM)
http://deallocker.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/DiGiornoDeepDishPizza.jpg

ATTENTION: IMPORTANT POLL! IMPORTANT POLL! BE SURE TO CAST YOUR VOTE TODAY!

Weird.

In Canada I believe that is called Delissio.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Aug 1 2010, 01:08 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jul 31 2010, 07:13 PM)
http://deallocker.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/DiGiornoDeepDishPizza.jpg

ATTENTION: IMPORTANT POLL! IMPORTANT POLL! BE SURE TO CAST YOUR VOTE TODAY!

Weird.

In Canada I believe that is called Delissio.

http://dontai.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/delissiopizza.jpg

No I think it's a different brand altogether. Delissio Pizza is a Kraft product. But they do have the same Tagline.

I find them to be pretty good but never, never, never undercook them. I leave 'em in for a few extra minutes just to be sure.

QUOTE (coolphantom190 @ Jul 31 2010, 11:35 PM)
QUOTE (tkdryan @ Jul 31 2010, 10:45 PM)
Shoot,  Walmart makes a better oven ready pizza from there Deli

goodpost.gif

I had that once, and got really sick that night.

Haven't even thought about Walmart pizza since.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Aug 1 2010, 04:51 PM)
Worst pizza I've ever had was Country PIzza in Monroe, CT. The pepperonis were sour and spoiled. Then I got sick. Wasn't fun.

Wasn't that on your birthday too?

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 1 2010, 06:53 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Aug 1 2010, 04:51 PM)
Worst pizza I've ever had was Country PIzza in Monroe, CT. The pepperonis were sour and spoiled. Then I got sick. Wasn't fun.

Wasn't that on your birthday too?

Yes. Happy birthday, Tarky! 062802puke_prv.gif

Costco has really excellent pizza if you are lucky enough to have one in your town.

Frozen pizza blows! I live 10 minutes from New Haven, and most people know New Haven is known for world class pizza at the highest level. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 1 2010, 09:07 PM)
Costco has really excellent pizza if you are lucky enough to have one in your town.

umm...no. no.gif

You need to try some real pizza. No offense but Costco pizza does not qualify as good pizza. atickhum.gif

Sorry but all of you DiGiornio pizza haters are simply wrong. This is what all of my DiGiornio pepperoni pizzas look like, always the same and always excellent.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3422/3923932823_d1a30ff011.jpg

There's no way that these are as good a NY pizza or any small Mom & Pop shop, but for a few bucks late at night or for a quick meal this rules. I chop up some onions and throw on some bacon chopped up as well and I am in hog heaven!!!!!!! yes.gif

QUOTE (vital signz @ Aug 1 2010, 10:01 PM)
Sorry but all of you DiGiornio pizza haters are simply wrong. This is what all of my DiGiornio pepperoni pizzas look like, always the same and always excellent.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3422/3923932823_d1a30ff011.jpg

There's no way that these are as good a NY pizza or any small Mom & Pop shop, but for a few bucks late at night or for a quick meal this rules. I chop up some onions and throw on some bacon chopped up as well and I am in hog heaven!!!!!!! yes.gif

Well, there you go. Bacon. You could wrap a turd in bacon and it might almost be appetizing. That's how good bacon is.

Never had DiGiorno.

I used to get frozen pizzas from the Schwans man. They weren't bad. They are like $3 each if you buy so many. Made a quick easy lunch or dinner for the kiddos.

You know what I really love? Those completely gross Totinos pizzas that are like $1 each. Pop it in a convection oven and YUM!!!! They come out all yummy and crispy.

Which is weird because I hate St Louis style Imo's pizza 062802puke_prv.gif It's like pizza on a cracker and whatever cheese they use gets all stuck to the roof of my mouth.

Now I make my own. It takes no time at all to toss all the stuff for crust into my KitchenAid mixer and mix up some dough. I let the kids top them with whatever they want.

What's with you pizza elitist scumbags?! New York pizza this, deep dish Chicago pizza that, bla-bla-pizza that, yet nobody has mentioned pizza from Italy itself. Sheesh!!! pokey.gif

Here are my pizza ratings based on what I've tried:

Pizza in Italy: f***ing good

New York pizza: f***ing good

Deep dish Chicago pizza: f***ing good

local Ma & Pop Pizzeria's in Anycity U.S.A. and many other places across the planet: f***ing good

There's good pizza to be found throughout the universe and I challenge all TRFers to go out, find them, and try them all tongue.gif

Oh, and DiGiorno pizza...well, it's not "f***ing good" but I'm not turning my nose up against it

wink.gif

trink38.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 2 2010, 06:15 AM)
What's with you pizza elitist scumbags?! New York pizza this, deep dish Chicago pizza that, bla-bla-pizza that, yet nobody has mentioned pizza from Italy itself. Sheesh!!! pokey.gif

local Ma & Pop Pizzeria's in Anycity U.S.A. and many other places across the planet: f***ing good

There's good pizza to be found throughout the universe and I challenge all TRFers to go out, find them, and try them all tongue.gif

Oh, and DiGiorno pizza...well, it's not "f***ing good" but I'm not turning my nose up against it

wink.gif
trink38.gif

I have. (See above). My limited experiences with pizza in Italy were not good ones. In fact, it was the WORST pizza I've had anywhere.

There was a ranking of pizzerias last year by a group of food writers/critics from publications like Food & Wine and Epicurious. The winner was a place in Arizona.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 2 2010, 06:15 AM)

wink.gif
trink38.gif

Well, you know what they say about pizza. It's like sex. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good. LOL