Weed and Rush...

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 27 2010, 04:24 PM)
QUOTE (ljr869 @ Jul 27 2010, 12:14 PM)
For those of you potheads going to Red Rocks, do yourself a favor:  wear the name of your favorite local hospital on a necklace.  Smoking is prohibited (thank God) in the seating areas.  So, when I ask you to politely put out your skunk weed and you less then politely refuse (even though you'll all claim how conscientious you all are) that previously mentioned hospital is where you'll wake up.

Hahahahahahahahahaha. OMG... listen to yourself. Are you flexing in the mirror?

BIGGEST TOOL OF THE THREAD AWARD goes to you bro. Oh... and if i had the money i'd be in red rocks and looking for you with a big breath of pot smoke with YOUR name on it.

And yet you respond in like manner. It's a double tool thread! biggrin.gif

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did I guess that kids would get dragged into the pot argument?

It is utterly ridiculous. No pot smoker is endorsing children smoking pot. Get it? OK.

But, if you bring a kid to a rock concert and you happen to smell pot in the air, don't be surprised. It comes with the territory. If a kid smells pot, it won't kill them. OK?

I'm sick of everyone trying to sanitize the world for their bugger eating kid.

/rant off.

QUOTE (Todem @ Jul 27 2010, 08:02 AM)

And some people are randomly drug-tested at work. Some stoner's disregard for people around him could seriously f*ck things up for someone else with the secondhand smoke.

My employer doesn't do this, however, my previous one did.

You can not inhale enough second hand smoke to test positive no.gif

Give me a break wacko.gif

This is true. My boss, who is also my friend, used to be in charge of Human Resources and told me that almost everyone who failed a drug test would say that it was from a contact high, and blame it on concerts or they were at a party.

BULLSHIT!!! While yes, you can get a contact high... you can NOT get high enough from one to test positive. It can NOT happen. It will never be accepted as an excuse for testing positive, so don't be an idiot and even try to blame it on being around people smoking. You can't even test positive from rare smoking. It needs to be on a consistant basis. TRUST ME. I was tested two days after having smoked to the point of being stoned and it didn't come up positive, because I rarely do it, AND I drink a ton of water all the time.

As for this bullshit about how pot makes some so delusional and paranoid, it's not the pot. It's the person. It's only bringing out characteristics that are already prevalent in you. It doesn't somehow transform you into a different person. For those of you (GeddyRulz) that start getting schitzoid on it... i'm betting you're kinda schitzoid to begin with and when under the influence, it comes out more, that's all.

I've never been one to fall for the excuse that the beer, or the pot made you do something you would never have done sober. Maybe sober you may have been able to control the urge better... but it was still there. I drink and I smoke pot on occassions. I've never acted or done anything differently than I normally would. Maybe to a greater degree... but I don't get violent on booze or weed, cuz i'm not a violent guy. I don't get angry when I drink or smoke, cuz i'm not an angry guy. I get sillier when i drink and get high... cuz yeah... i'm a silly guy. Occassionally i get a wee bit paranoid, cuz in reality... i'm a wee bit paranoid. Drink and smoke just enhance what's already in there. It doesn't create some kind of monster. If it does... the monster was already there and you couldn't control it, so you shouldn't have been drinking or smoking. Simple as that.

And you idiots that bring CHILDREN to rock concerts... it's YOUR fault if your kid gets a contact high. Don't be an asshole. Leave your rugrats at home. While someone smoking should have respect if some asshole has their child there, it's STILL not their fault that you put your kid at risk. Let your kid play in traffic and who's to blame if they get hit by a car? C'mon... if you think pot doesn't exist at a RUSH concert, you need your head examined.

Oh so I guess I am an asshole because I am taking my son to a Rush concert?

Get a grip.

Pretty much. yes.gif

People go to an ADULT concert to have a good time. People who bring their rugrats are selfish and have no right bitching about adult things happening around their kid.

I'm 6'5" tall and have unfortunately been at shows where someone brought their little kids. You feel as though you have to look out for them during the crush and movement of the crowd, instead of just enjoying yourself. All because some idiot couldn't get a babysitter or thought it would be "oh so cute" to bring a kid to a concert they couldn't give a rat's ass about anyway.

If someone MY size falls on your kid, or obscures their view... you better be prepared to KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT, cuz it was YOU who put your kid in jeopordy in the first place. And if people are having a good time at a concert and happen to light up... it was YOU who put your little kid in that situation, so again... keep your mouth shut about it.

Saying that pot is illegal isn't an excuse either. Yeah, it is. Gotcha. But YOU know it's gonna happen at a concert and YOU know that your kid shouldn't be there. It's not the concert goers that are wrong. It's YOU. I never brought my kids to an adult rock show until they were in their later teens. And even then, if anything was going on that was inappropriate for them, I at least understood that it was MY responsibility to either move them, or get them out of there. It was NOT my job to bitch at the other concert goers, who were there to have a good time.

I personally think bringing a kid to a concert is abusive. Too much could happen at a ROCK show to a little kid. Why don't you just take your kid downtown to a bar and then over to a whore house while you're at it. IDIOT. [/quote]
You don't have a clue.

A Rush show is a violent place...oh yes.....40 something year old men rushing the stage, getting into fights.

You have no f***ing clue what you are talking about. If Rush had a mivie rating it would be PG.

Would I take my kid to any other rock concert at this age? No.

For you to make a blanket statement about brining your child to a rock concert without regard to who is performing and what kind of crowd will be present is just plain ignorant.

I don't care about the pot smoking,drinking or any of that. I am not one of those who brings a kid to a Rush show and complains about other peoples doings. YOu go to a an NFL game or MLB game or even NHL game and the place is crawling with kids, infants (those people are nuts) but you see people drunk out of their skull and believe me, high as a kite on weed.

ABUSIVE? YOU ARE NUTS. DO YOU HAVE ANY KIDS?

I am simply sharing the experience with my son.

Selfish? Get a f***ing grip you jackass.

Any the fact you go on here and call people who are very good parents assholes and abusive!!! My goodness. Get with the program. More and more of us long time hardcore Rush fans are bringing our kids to shows to share in the joy and most of you f*cks who need to act like 16 year olds are getting fewer and fewer. In fact most of the actual 13-18 old kids I see at Rush shows have it together. It's the dumb asses like you who feel the need to party like it's 1999 and relive your youth I see making complete asses out of yourselves. I am all for having a few beers, smoking some weed and having a good time. But to get so f*cked up that it could lead to violence or knocking people over? It's those that are far and few at Rush shows (at least all the shows I have seen in my life).

Too bad for you that you have endure 3 hours of a great concert with some kids around you.

Get used to it at Rush shows. Because it is becoming more and more common. Since most of the shows contain grown ups who actually have kids and want to share this band with them.

Got FIVE kids todem. Never took any of them to any kind of rock concert until they were in their mid to late teens because I've gone to bazillions of rock concerts and I've seen shit happen at HEART concerts. Why would you think it couldn't happen at a 2.gif show?

And the simple fact of the matter is when you bring kids you make it uncomfortable for people around you who paid good money to enjoy themselves. Sure, some won't care, but if it's me... i'm going to be respectful and NOT toke or headbang with my usual gusto, cuz I won't want to bother the little kid next to me that SHOULD be at home in his playpen.

I seen a pit open up at a HEART concert. People who had no idea what moshing was, got trampled because of it. Imagine one of those people brought their little kid to that show and the kid got trampled cuz the opening of Barracuda borders on metal and metal heads mosh to anything. So who's to say that some of the heavier stuff at a 2.gif show wouldn't make a pit erupt in the lawn? It's not outside the barrier of reason to assume it could happen. I would NOT want my six year old there to be trampled on in the event something like this happened.

While 2.gif concerts are basically benign, there are a lot of drunk and doped up people at them, and anything can happen. It's not a place for a six year old kid. You can give me any argument you want, but you're wrong. He probably won't even remember most of it, so why would you want to even have him there anyway? It's beyond me.

It may not be abuse, as I stated, but if something DOES happen, it comes back on you, the parent. It wouldn't be anyone else's fault. Don't tell me contact highs don't happen. I've gotten them myself. You won't test positive, but that doesn't undo the fact that you got buzzed. Tell me that a six year old can't get buzzed off the amazing amount of smoke that will come up as soon as "certain songs" start to be played. You can't, cuz it WILL happen, if he's close enough to ground zero, it will definitely happen.

There's times and places where I have to act appropriately, and I don't consider that after I've spent a ton of cash to go enjoy myself at a 2.gif show, I should have to behave myself because YOU brought your toddler to the show. It's wrong of you to assume such a thing. It's NOT a family show, just because a lot of us Rush fans have "grown up" and think it's cool to bring our kids, doesn't make it a family friendly event. Older kids... okay... i guess, if you are willing to make sure they don't bug people or ruin others enjoyment of the show, but you can't guarantee that happening if you bring a toddler.

Oh, btw... where you infer that I, MYSELF get so f*cked up that I knock people over or get in fights is beyond me. I have a good time. Get a little buzzed and have a few beers, but i've never been in a fight at a concert, especially a rush one. What I'm saying is... if some parent brought their kid and bitched to me about what i'm doing at a show, they have nerve... cuz it was THEM that brought the kid in the first place, and the extreme does happen.

Necromancer, no, it won't be someone like you who blows smoke in my face. I know this because I'll be sitting with people, like me, who do have money. We fly in from a completely different city to see the best band at the best venue. We will now allow a low-life to ruin our experience. So, again, when we ask you nicely to put it out, please do. One more thing, ask yourself this: Is there a link between me not having money and being a dope-smoker?

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ Jul 21 2010, 06:10 PM)
Oh, I'd bet just about anything that all three of them still get high.

They're musicians. It's like PB&J.

It's "food" for musicians. I've worked with a lot of players that won't even strap on a guitar unless there's a fatty to burn before practice and one for break. It's like a ritual. A good mood enhancement tool, but not helpful for creativity. That would be acid or shrooms. wink.gif I don't know how it is in other parts of the world, but in Detroit this seems to be the way, and I've played in at least 15 different bands...

PS: No strap-on jokes, please.

As far as Rush shows go, I can take it or leave it. Moderation is important.

QUOTE (ljr869 @ Jul 27 2010, 06:13 PM)
Necromancer, no, it won't be someone like you who blows smoke in my face. I know this because I'll be sitting with people, like me, who do have money. We fly in from a completely different city to see the best band at the best venue. We will now allow a low-life to ruin our experience. So, again, when we ask you nicely to put it out, please do. One more thing, ask yourself this: Is there a link between me not having money and being a dope-smoker?

Wow... first you pretend to be tough, now you pretend to be rich or something, as if anyone cares.

My not having money to go to red rocks is because i'm already doing two rush shows nearby, slayer/megadeth/antrax, Roger Waters Wall show, Disturbed and A7X, and probably a few others. Wasting money to go to red rocks isn't something i'd do from the east coast. Kinda sinful imo. But hey... what do i know? I'm an occassional pot smoker and you're some rich and TOUGH guy. Ooooooh.

scared.gif

Oh... mr. richy tough guy... i think you meant to say that you and your buds would NOT allow some "low-life" to ruin your time, but i guess your rich tough schools didn't teach you how to spell. z7shysterical.gif

Then... and here's where I have to think that you ARE a dope smoker... you start out the stupid "comeback of the year" post with this silly rant about you and your rich buddies... and then at the end... you ask me if you NOT having money has something to do with you being a dope smoker? WTF???

Here's what I think. I think you're a child. Probably 14 or so. You have some small interest in 2.gif and you joined the forum on the eve of a tour you're going to see for the first time. I think you THINK you're tough. You probably watch MMA and think you'll put a choke-hold on someone who pisses you off and they'll tap out. I think that the THOUGHT of you putting someone in that chokehold gives you WOOD. Cuz I think that anyone who THREATENS people on the internet... IS GAY.

So that's what I think of you, mr. tough and rich guy. Now f**k off kindly, k?

QUOTE (ljr869 @ Jul 27 2010, 06:13 PM)

Willie Nelson, Dave Grohl, at one point in time all 3 members of Rush, All of The Beatles, Eric Clapton, The Who, The majority of celebrities below the age of 35. All of these people have 2 things in common. They have more money than you and they smoke pot. Congratulations, you continue to make yourself look more like a jackass.

Necromancer: you are a moron.

What you're saying (in effect) is that if someone takes their kid for a drive in the car, and some drunk causes them to get in an accident, it's the parents fault for taking the kids for a drive.

and yeah i'm sure if you fall on someone's kid at a rush show, the parents (or security) would have nothing to say...cuz it's their fault for bringing the kids, and some jerk-off is too buzzed to maintain balance, and falls on someone???????good luck with that one:"...but your honor, the parents should have never brought their kid to a rock show, sure i was all f-ed up and fell on the kid, but at least I have a right to be there, right your honor???"

not saying little kids need to be at shows like this. but it is a free country.

what you're telling everyone around here is that if someone brings their kiddos, it amplifies your, well, douchebagginess?!?!?

i thought pot made people more mellow- you take steroids too?

WOW, this thread has been relegated to a pissing contest. How uncool is that...

Come on people, you all go to see Rush because you love the band and everyone enjoys the show in their own way. Smoker/drinker or not, let's just try to be a little more considerate of others both here and at the shows.

Oh, I'd bet just about anything that all three of them still get high.
They're musicians. It's like PB&J.

I can tell you that Geddy, Alex, & Neil are dedicated to putting on the best and most technically clean shows possible for their fans. The use of mind altering substances while performing just doesn't fit in with that agenda.

Edited by FOH Lights

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 27 2010, 06:33 PM)

What you're saying (in effect) is that if someone takes their kid for a drive in the car, and some drunk causes them to get in an accident, it's the parents fault for taking the kids for a drive.

and yeah i'm sure if you fall on someone's kid at a rush show, the parents (or security) would have nothing to say...cuz it's their fault for bringing the kids, and some jerk-off is too buzzed to maintain balance, and falls on someone???????good luck with that one:"...but your honor, the parents should have never brought their kid to a rock show, sure i was all f-ed up and fell on the kid, but at least I have a right to be there, right your honor???"

what you're telling everyone around here is that if someone brings their kiddos, it amplifies your, well, douchebagginess?!?!?

Nope. No steroids and very rarely pot even. I'm arguing on the behalf of the people that do like to smoke it at a show. I haven't smoked pot at a show since... maybe 85 or so. But I might again at some point. Who knows?

Would hate to decide to do so, and then see some snot nosed kid next to me wondering what i'm doing. It would be a total buzz kill. And yeah... maybe that's selfish too, but it's more in line with what happens at normal concerts.

Having rugrats is NOT in line with normal behavior at a rock concert. This isn't KISS for crap's sake, it's 2.gif A band who's been notoriously linked with pot since they came out basically.

You folks haven't been to many concerts I guess. I've seen people get hurt because of the simplest of things. People walking through the seats to get to the aisle can slip. Drunk or not. And if they fall and hurt your six year old... who's f***ing fault is that? The person who slipped? I don't think so.

You can coin me a douchebag... whatever... i don't care. You bring a kid to a concert and it's your fault if something happens. You KNOW what goes on at concerts, and it's not gonna stop just because YOU... the superparent... brought their kid. And if you EXPECT it to, you're delusional.

Now maybe if you're ljr869, you can beat everyone one up and get them to behave accordingly. But the rest of us just aren't that tough, or that rich to get all the unruly people to comply with our wishes. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 27 2010, 05:42 PM)
QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 27 2010, 06:33 PM)
Necromancer:  you are a moron.

not saying little kids need to be at shows like this.  but it is a free country. 

Nope. No steroids and very rarely pot even. I'm arguing on the behalf of the people that do like to smoke it at a show. I haven't smoked pot at a show since... maybe 85 or so. But I might again at some point. Who knows?

Would hate to decide to do so, and then see some snot nosed kid next to me wondering what i'm doing. It would be a total buzz kill. And yeah... maybe that's selfish too, but it's more in line with what happens at normal concerts.

Having rugrats is NOT in line with normal behavior at a rock concert. This isn't KISS for crap's sake, it's 2.gif A band who's been notoriously linked with pot since they came out basically.

You folks haven't been to many concerts I guess. I've seen people get hurt because of the simplest of things. People walking through the seats to get to the aisle can slip. Drunk or not. And if they fall and hurt your six year old... who's f***ing fault is that? The person who slipped? I don't think so.

You can coin me a douchebag... whatever... i don't care. You bring a kid to a concert and it's your fault if something happens. You KNOW what goes on at concerts, and it's not gonna stop just because YOU... the superparent... brought their kid. And if you EXPECT it to, you're delusional.

Now maybe if you're ljr869, you can beat everyone one up and get them to behave accordingly. But the rest of us just aren't that tough, or that rich to get all the unruly people to comply with our wishes. tongue.gif

rofl3.gif so if someone slips on spilled pop in the aisle at the movies and falls on someone's kid- it's the parents fault for taking them to Toy Story 3, right?

QUOTE (Todem @ Jul 26 2010, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE (ChroniclesOfRush @ Jul 26 2010, 02:48 PM)
Here's the bottom line boys and girls:

A RUSH show is a purely ADULT endeavor. If they serve liquor consider it and ADULT function and keep your kids as far away from it as humanly possible if you are a responsible parent.

I don't even take my kids to the ballpark anymore due to all the falling down drunks we encounter on the way. I am not even talking about the fuckheads at Wrigley Field!

I didn't even feel comfortable taking my kids to a NASCAR event until they were well into their teens due to well...take your pick. Having to explain why the phrase "I chewed tobaca with yur May" while some shirtless nimrod is hanging all over his sister is considered an inflamatory statement to your 10 year old is a door I prefer not to open. Not just yet.

Go be an adult with adults. If you insist on pushing adult tastes on your children just take them to the bar and proceed to bitch about everyone swearing and punching each other in the face over something you wouldn't let your dog bite.

I mean get real......

beathorse.gif

Get a f***ing grip.

Leave your kids in bubble why don't ya.

Holy shit people.

I agree.

Oh yeah, I'm a season-ticket "fucktard" at Wrigley Field, so before you go about bashing a part of my lifestyle, realize that I've been going to games since I was four years old with my grandpa and my uncle. I'm 18 now and avoid weed and beer at all costs.

So whoever said "keep your kids in the bubble" is right, because in all my years going to that ballpark, I will outwardly say that you're overreacting. Get a grip.

As for marijuana, I went to my first concert in 2000, Sammy Hagar at Chicago Theatre. I was nine years old and the four guys in front of me all whipped out joints and lit up. My father thought nothing of it; I'm sure he wasn't fond of it, but that didn't stop him from taking me to see him again in 2002, and I've been to dozens of concerts since then.

As far as I'm concerned, smoke all the weed you want. I don't do it myself, but the last thing I want is for someone to tell me how to enjoy a show. I saw O.A.R. in 2008, a big college crowd, and I swear all corners around me had someone lighting up a joint. It ain't the most desirable scent in the world, but if you're there to enjoy the show, it ain't as bad of a distraction as someone shouting in your ear or rudely pertruding

your view of the stage.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 27 2010, 06:03 PM)
It's an unfortunate accident. What can you do about it?

It's not the same as this situation. We're talking about bring your kid, willfully, into an environment he doesn't belong in. Totally different situation.

I don't see a problem with the kid being at the show. If the kid likes the music, then he deserves to see the music because it may not be there for him in ten years.

I don't believe in bad influences at the shows. The kid won't get the desire to drink and smoke after being surrounded by it at the show. My grandpa was my hero and he smoked like a chimney for a long time, and I don't smoke at all. Nor do I have the desire to. Same goes for drinking, my family always has, and I don't have the desire to do that either.

If you keep a close enough eye on your kid, nothing will happen. My dad had me stand on the seat next to him as he held onto me so we could both see and enjoy the show. You're right, accidents DO happen, but that's merely what they are...accidents.

If someone DIRECTLY hurts my kid or does something to him, then he's in a world of trouble. If something happens by accident, then it's an accident. Can't keep the kids sheltered like that.

On a time machine note... let's go back to the last tour.

I'm not digging it up... but it's almost the mirror of this. A bunch of johnny come lately 2.gif fans join the board... enter a thread about pot and 2.gif and make fools of themselves. I point out the error of their ways and the shit starts. z7shysterical.gif

And it keeps going... and going... and going... and going.

This year... i didn't even have to try hard. Soon as one guy started threatening people... it's just a major FAIL on all levels. God I love all the noobs, but I'm so glad that most of them disappear after the tour is over.

Look for me at the shows folks. I'll be the big hippie with the red Rutsey Rulz shirt. I'll be high as a kite and kicking kids in the teeth. z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 27 2010, 05:33 PM)

No doubt! Totally agree with you, hughes.

Necromancer is a total f***ing idiot.

He is a clueless, self-centered prick, based on everything I've read. As though he's the only one who pays good money to see the show. The garbage coming from his mouth is unbelievable...

I don't like to resort to using such strong language, but given the nature of his posts here, I feel it's appropriate.

QUOTE (theoriginalfuzz @ Jul 27 2010, 07:19 PM)
QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 27 2010, 05:33 PM)
Necromancer:  you are a moron.

not saying little kids need to be at shows like this.  but it is a free country. 

No doubt! Totally agree with you, hughes.

Necromancer is a total f***ing idiot.

He is a clueless, self-centered prick, based on everything I've read. As though he's the only one who pays good money to see the show. The garbage coming from his mouth is unbelievable...

I don't like to resort to using such strong language, but given the nature of his posts here, I feel it's appropriate.

Ummm.... how about this for strong lanquage. f**k YOU!!!

Ive been high for 19 of the 21 times ive seen rush. i definitely think it adds to the experience. Now as a preface, for the 19 shows i went to high I never had worse than 10th row. The 2 times i went sober i had shitty nose bleed seats. Perhaps that might make me think that getting high at a show makes it better or perhaps its just cause i had awesome seats. I think weed gives the show a bit of a surreal experience. I wouldnt want to be drunk at a rush show; I wouldnt want to trip at a rush show. I think that those 2 drugs would detract from the show and take my attention away from the performances. weed definitely adds to the visual and auditory experience. I think it perhaps makes a person a better observer but maybe to a fault. I find myself being entrances by one of the members of rush on stage to the exclusion of the other two guys. Sometimes I have to force myself to look all 3 band members on an equal basis and not get so tuned into just one of them. im not sure if this is different for people who are sober at a show or its just me being stoned.

This August, I will be attending my 22nd rush show in 22 years. 3rd row dead center. I will be very high for that occasion, but I will not allow anyone else at the show to notice me smoking or notice that im high. Getting high secretly without letting anyone else notice is half the fun. My desire to get high doesnt mean i have to inflict negative consequences upon others.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 27 2010, 05:11 PM)
On a time machine note... let's go back to the last tour.

I'm not digging it up... but it's almost the mirror of this. A bunch of johnny come lately 2.gif fans join the board... enter a thread about pot and 2.gif and make fools of themselves. I point out the error of their ways and the shit starts. z7shysterical.gif

And it keeps going... and going... and going... and going.

This year... i didn't even have to try hard. Soon as one guy started threatening people... it's just a major FAIL on all levels. God I love all the noobs, but I'm so glad that most of them disappear after the tour is over.

Look for me at the shows folks. I'll be the big hippie with the red Rutsey Rulz shirt. I'll be high as a kite and kicking kids in the teeth. z7shysterical.gif

laugh.gif

You have a good point Necro.

unsure.gif

tongue.gif

One thing to consider: bringing a kid to a Rush concert is legal; smoking weed at a Rush concert is not.

I personally don't think a kids younger than 14 or 15 should go to concerts, but they can legally buy tickets and even go without their parents.

But regardless of anyone's "opinion," smoking weed at a concert is still illegal, except maybe in California? smile.gif And, yes, of course it happens, but I'm seeing (smelling) less weed use at concerts in recent years. Except at Iron Maiden a few weeks ago. cool10.gif

But in general, I think concerts are becoming more family-friendly, very likely because baby boomers (ARGH!) want to bring their kids along to the show.

Edited by Mara