Weed and Rush...

After warning him about his eventual loss of brain function,a friend once told me about the benefits of his partying habits...

It's like the lion and gazelle.

What? The lion and gazzelle?

Yep. You know how the lion stalks the weak, infirm, old or young? the easiest prey? It's like that with brain cells. The achohol and drugs i take kill the weakest brain cells so in fact, I am getting smarter with every drink. dazed025.gif

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come no one mentioned cocaine and Rush? Or crack and Rush? Or a really good one, heroin and Rush? Or my personal fav, spray paint sniffing and Rush?

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 23 2010, 02:16 PM)
How come no one mentioned cocaine and Rush? Or crack and Rush? Or a really good one, heroin and Rush? Or my personal fav, spray paint sniffing and Rush?

LSD? shrooms?

I say do what makes u happy, just please be respectful of those around you when you light up...I don't smoke weed or do any drugs and sometimes people light up right next to me and at these outdoor shows it could end up blowing right into someones face while they are trying to enjoy the show and it can get rather annoying. I don't want to be a buzzkill and ask people to stop so just remember that not everyone love weed as much as you do.

QUOTE (Paulio91184 @ Jul 23 2010, 03:38 PM)
I say do what makes u happy, just please be respectful of those around you when you light up...I don't smoke weed or do any drugs and sometimes people light up right next to me and at these outdoor shows it could end up blowing right into someones face while they are trying to enjoy the show and it can get rather annoying. I don't want to be a buzzkill and ask people to stop so just remember that not everyone love weed as much as you do.

And some people are randomly drug-tested at work. Some stoner's disregard for people around him could seriously f*ck things up for someone else with the secondhand smoke.

My employer doesn't do this, however, my previous one did.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 23 2010, 04:24 PM)
QUOTE (Paulio91184 @ Jul 23 2010, 03:38 PM)

And some people are randomly drug-tested at work. Some stoner's disregard for people around him could seriously f*ck things up for someone else with the secondhand smoke.

Good point! A little consideration goes a long way.

Thanks guys, I'm on the police waiting list and thats the last thing i need, not to mention all of the little kids that attend rush shows with their parents now..if i had kids and someone was sending weed smoke into my kids faces there would be some big problems

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Jul 21 2010, 03:47 PM)
I will not take anything in to the show don't want to get drug out by cops, yet they let people get drunk and fall down. That is f*ked up. But that is the way it is.
At ABQ I did not smell it but once and I was like HEY Pass that here 1287.gif
I always smoke before a show.. Why? I like it, I don't smoke cigs 062802puke_prv.gif and I'll NOT get drunk wacko.gif
Burn a little and lets ROCK 1022.gif

Oh and by the way, for me smoking is legal here and even with out the damn med card it is just a ticket, we will make it legal soon here and it should be...

SAVE Lives... Legalize Pot... Ban Alcohol.. ohmy.gif

goodpost.gif

I have smoked at all but the 2 concerts that I attended with my kids and have never had any problems. cool10.gif Just gotta be smart about it.

And to the original poster here, do you think that "A passage to bangkok" was writen by someone who never smoked dope??? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 23 2010, 02:24 PM)
[/quote]

You can not inhale enough second hand smoke to test positive no.gif

Give me a break wacko.gif

QUOTE (mystic @ Jul 23 2010, 04:57 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 23 2010, 02:24 PM)

And some people are randomly drug-tested at work.  Some stoner's disregard for people around him could seriously f*ck things up for someone else with the secondhand smoke. 

If we Bird Bag them they can rofl3.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (mystic @ Jul 23 2010, 05:52 PM)
QUOTE (TullSkull @ Jul 21 2010, 03:47 PM)
I will not take anything in to the show don't want to get drug out by cops, yet they let people get drunk and fall down. That is f*ked up. But that is the way it is.
At ABQ I did not smell it but once and I was like HEY Pass that here 1287.gif
I always smoke before a show.. Why?  I like it, I don't smoke cigs  062802puke_prv.gif and I'll NOT get drunk  wacko.gif
Burn a little and lets ROCK  1022.gif

Oh and by the way, for me smoking is legal here and even with out the damn med card it is just a ticket, we will make it legal soon here and it should be...

SAVE Lives... Legalize Pot... Ban Alcohol..  ohmy.gif

goodpost.gif

I have smoked at all but the 2 concerts that I attended with my kids and have never had any problems. cool10.gif Just gotta be smart about it.

And to the original poster here, do you think that "A passage to bangkok" was writen by someone who never smoked dope??? confused13.gif

I don't think anyone's disputing the fact the band USED TO smoke, just whether or not they still do today.

QUOTE (mystic @ Jul 23 2010, 06:57 PM)

My employer doesn't do this, however, my previous one did. [/quote]

Maybe not. But I can tell you I avoided parties where it was being smoked. Not a chance I wanted to take.

I suppose now I could spend all my free time loaded to the tipping point and my current employer wouldn't give a shit. Provided, of course, my performance on the job didn't suffer.

QUOTE (Paulio91184 @ Jul 23 2010, 09:34 PM)
Mara, I love your time machine trolls sig, can i use it??lol new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Knock yourself out! No copyright fees or nothin'. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 21 2010, 03:22 PM)

I know he mentioned smoking while they made caress on the documentary, and other than lakeside park (drinking by the lighthouse, smoking on the peer) there are no other weed references that come to mind...so why do all you Russians smoke weed at shows??

Not bashing, just wondering.

'no other weed references'

A Passage to Bangkok anyone?

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jul 21 2010, 06:47 PM)
QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jul 21 2010, 03:28 PM)
Weed makes the music sound a lot better. That's the main reason people smoke at concerts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for legalization and privatization of weed. I, myself, am over it. This statement, however, is something that I have to contest. If you sincerely believe that weed enhances the sound of music, there is something wrong. Weed does nothing of the sort. The interplay of instruments, harmony, and rhythm is something that is best enjoyed sober.

That being said, Xanadu is about weed.

I think what people are saying is that it is more enjoyable in which i agree. For most people their senses are heightened,less inhibitions etc...

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 23 2010, 02:02 PM)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20100722/hl_time/08599200555900

Just came across this on yahoo news lol. What's interesting is my brother was a total pothead, and he developed schizophrenia in his late teens. Not saying it was related to the weed, but it makes you think.

Having worked in juvenile corrections for several years before I became a cop, I can tell you in no uncertain terms that there was an increase in mental illness with the teenagers who smoked marijuana as opposed to the ones who didn't. That was my first hand observation. Coincidence? Research says probably not. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jul 24 2010, 07:25 AM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 23 2010, 02:02 PM)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20100722/hl_time/08599200555900

Just came across this on yahoo news lol. What's interesting is my brother was a total pothead, and he developed schizophrenia in his late teens. Not saying it was related to the weed, but it makes you think.

Having worked in juvenile corrections for several years before I became a cop, I can tell you in no uncertain terms that there was an increase in mental illness with the teenagers who smoked marijuana as opposed to the ones who didn't. That was my first hand observation. Coincidence? Research says probably not. confused13.gif

IDK

When i was younger i used to smoke large amounts of weed. Heck i had a hookah that held over an ounce of it, and it took a torch to get going good and i never had any instability or imbalance problems, and it was filled DAILY. Never got in trouble with the law or anything like that. Fast forward 20 years, i have 5 children with no issues and am an electrical engineer which requires a lot of higher math to do my job. I think if you have a pre existing condition then maybe it holds some merit, but i know plenty of people from my youth who smoked it as much as i did or more and still do who turned out just fine.

As far as abilities go IMHO and others who know me, my drum playing is more focused while i'm buzzed. Some songs that i really have to concentrate on like Marathon, the ending to lock and key or keeping time while playing alien shore come easier and are spot on. In either case here, i think it comes down to the individual.

Being in law enforcement leads to a one sided evaluation because most of the time all you see are criminals, but i do believe if you have a tendency toward violence and other impulsive criminal activities then taking away the inhibitions with weed adds to it. But is not the cause

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 23 2010, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (Paulio91184 @ Jul 23 2010, 09:34 PM)
Mara, I love your time machine trolls sig, can i use it??lol new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Knock yourself out! No copyright fees or nothin'. biggrin.gif

Really, there needs to be T-shirts. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (yyz2112 @ Jul 24 2010, 03:57 AM)
QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 21 2010, 03:22 PM)

I know he mentioned smoking while they made caress on the documentary, and other than lakeside park (drinking by the lighthouse, smoking on the peer) there are no other weed references that come to mind...so why do all you Russians smoke weed at shows??

Not bashing, just wondering.

'no other weed references'

A Passage to Bangkok anyone?

Someone told me that Roll the Bones is a reference to rolling joints.

QUOTE (test4eggroll @ Jul 24 2010, 11:31 AM)

Someone told me that Roll the Bones is a reference to rolling joints.

Yea right after a little of this cool10.gif

applaudit.gif