******** doesn't work live

rugen

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of Faithless, BU2B, and then Freewill all together as they share a very very similar thematic message. Put together they are a powerful message for choosing "freewill", for lack of a better a less word.

Just my 2 cents - your mileage may vary.

I really like Faithless as well so I'm looking forward to seeing it tomorrow night.

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Jul 18 2010, 06:07 AM)
QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Jul 17 2010, 11:56 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Jul 17 2010, 07:01 PM)
I like the song and I'm real glad they're playing it.

this

this again

"and that's faith enough for me"

trink39.gif With you here..

QUOTE (RUDT @ Jul 17 2010, 03:24 PM)
After listening to a show from the last tour, i found that The Faithless song doesn't work well, especially in the middle of the set where i feel that it's a anti-climax song. I am surprised because i enjoyed listening to it on Snakes and Arrows.

confused13.gif

piss song.

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Jul 18 2010, 02:40 PM)
QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ Jul 18 2010, 09:46 AM)
It went over like a wet fart in Albuquerque.

and Kansas City, and Milwaukee, and Chicago, and Sarnia, and Toronto, and Ottawa, and Quebec... doh.gif

That's too bad.

Sometime they throw in a tune that may look like it works on paper, but stops the flow of the show.

I compare it to when they played Scars on the Presto tour (only that was worse, IMO). Total buzzkill.

and Kansas City, and Milwaukee, and Chicago, and Sarnia, and Toronto, and Ottawa, and Quebec... doh.gif

Think they will get the message or just keep the comas coming night after night?

If the song is going over that bad at all the shows maybe they will replace it with something else more upbeat. You don't know how a song will go over with the crowd unless you play it live. At least they're giving it a shot and they know for the next leg of the tour not to bother with it if no one is responding to it.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 18 2010, 07:47 PM)
I doubt they will replace it.......don't they always say "we play what WE want to play"...?

True they do seem to have that attitude with what they play. But when I saw them on the R30 tour they had been playing Summertime Blues at every show. But on the night I saw them they dropped it and replaced it with DEW. So I have witnessed it firsthand live that they are willing to switch a song up in the middle of the tour.

So who knows? It's a possibility they can drop it for something else.

Edited by J2112YYZ

They should drop Faithless for Anthem. biggrin.gif

Anthem 'works' live.... 653.gif

Oh yeah....Open with Anthem and close with TSOR

I actually really like Faithless but can understand how it might not excite the crowd as much as many other song choices.

I really like the song. It's one of my favorites from S&A. I'm not a lyric guy, I mainly listen to the music interplay. I think this is a strong piece of music and can't wait to hear it.

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ Jul 18 2010, 10:12 PM)
QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ Jul 18 2010, 08:55 PM)
They should drop Faithless for Anthem.  biggrin.gif

Anthem 'works' live.... 653.gif

From your lips to Geddy's ears.

if only

I'd take Anthem over Faithless any day, even though Faithless is a good song, but I won't hold my breath to hear Ged sing it anytime soon. The medley instrumental version was just a teaser, not sure Ged could hit those notes these days.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jul 18 2010, 09:56 PM)
I really like the song. It's one of my favorites from S&A. I'm not a lyric guy, I mainly listen to the music interplay. I think this is a strong piece of music and can't wait to hear it.

This times a thousand.

This is probably my favorite on Snakes, I think it feautres on of Alex's best solos in recent memory.

Well it wouldn't be a Rush tour without the fanbois whining about something...

Personally, I love the song and am surprised they are playing it live. I will wait to see how it turns out, but I do have one question:

Since when does Rush really need to worry about 'interrupting the timing' of the setlist? OMFG people, do you truly have nothing else to bitch about?

Last tour it was "Whah whah, they are playing all of the SnA songs in a row" and now "Whah whah - that anti-God song is right before the other anti-God song but I can't whine about that so I'll say it breaks the timing of the show"...

Ridiculous... Then there are the other broken record horse-beaters "That would've been a great place for Jacob's Ladder or (insert other fanboi favorite here).

I will admit - this reading is a bit comical, as I see a pattern here every tour... I think it was Entre Nous last tour that people were split about "It drags down the setlist" or "That'd been a great place for JL"...

Comical, yet still pathetic, people...

Edited by Synthetic

Though I would never put faithless on an upbeat party tape, I love the song. And I was glad they played it. There is just as strong and profound a meaning to this song as any Rush song. Every song does not need to be a party jam.

I have no argument on anything the band played on this tour. But then I go with very subdued expectations. I don't care what they play, all I know is I am going to see one hell of a show! I would think the same if they came out, plugged in and had no fancy lighting, effects, stage props or videos.

Yes the show is great, but I am really there for the music.

QUOTE (Synthetic @ Jul 19 2010, 08:20 AM)

Personally, I love the song and am surprised they are playing it live. I will wait to see how it turns out, but I do have one question:

Since when does Rush really need to worry about 'interrupting the timing' of the setlist? OMFG people, do you truly have nothing else to bitch about?

Last tour it was "Whah whah, they are playing all of the SnA songs in a row" and now "Whah whah - that anti-God song is right before the other anti-God song but I can't whine about that so I'll say it breaks the timing of the show"...

Ridiculous... Then there are the other broken record horse-beaters "That would've been a great place for Jacob's Ladder or (insert other fanboi favorite here).

I will admit - this reading is a bit comical, as I see a pattern here every tour... I think it was Entre Nous last tour that people were split about "It drags down the setlist" or "That'd been a great place for JL"...

He he he...your going to fit in nicely here! And I could not have said it better myself!

QUOTE (Synthetic @ Jul 19 2010, 09:20 AM)

I'm so glad we could entertain you! notworthy.gif

Personally, I love the song and am surprised they are playing it live.  I will wait to see how it turns out, but I do have one question:

Since when does Rush really need to worry about 'interrupting the timing' of the setlist?  OMFG people, do you truly have nothing else to bitch about?

Ridiculous...  Then there are the other broken record horse-beaters "That would've been a great place for Jacob's Ladder or (insert other fanboi favorite here).

I will admit - this reading is a bit comical, as I see a pattern here every tour...  I think it was Entre Nous last tour that people were split about "It drags down the setlist" or "That'd been a great place for JL"...

By my post about the Faithless song on the middle of the set, it was just a observation. That was the feeling i had at that time, it doesn't mean that i will not have another feeling some other times. And my purpose to share this observation is to know if others had the same observation. Looks like i am not the only one. But it doesn't mean that i don't like the show or the song. I just want have a better set list and maybe the band are thinking the same thing, we don't know.

Edited by RUDT

QUOTE (ProfGumby @ Jul 19 2010, 08:25 AM)

Personally, I love the song and am surprised they are playing it live.  I will wait to see how it turns out, but I do have one question:

Since when does Rush really need to worry about 'interrupting the timing' of the setlist?  OMFG people, do you truly have nothing else to bitch about?

Ridiculous...  Then there are the other broken record horse-beaters "That would've been a great place for Jacob's Ladder or (insert other fanboi favorite here).

I will admit - this reading is a bit comical, as I see a pattern here every tour...  I think it was Entre Nous last tour that people were split about "It drags down the setlist" or "That'd been a great place for JL"...

He he he...your going to fit in nicely here! And I could not have said it better myself!

When you say 'here' I can only assume you mean this thread... Since I've been on this board for over a year - just not as interactive as I was on the original Rush board.

Yeah - I think the setlist will be very interesting to see, I could live without half of MP though - I really think it was one of their weaker albums (although I do not dismiss it for its commercial success).

I have heard the following songs way too many times from that album (yes - I know they are playing the whole album en mass, but I wanted to chime in):

Tom Sawyer - Yes, I know they HAVE to play it, but really - such a sub-par song IMHO.

Red Barchetta - Fortunately they don't play this one too much, so I may actually dig it. Great song - just worn out on me.

YYZ - Every tour... Unnecessary - bring out Where's My Thing or another every once in a while... DAMN YOU GUITAR HERO!!!! lol

Limelight - Again, good song, just tired and worn out.

The Camera Eye - I really cannot fathom the obsession with this being played live... it is a good ALBUM song but it drones far too much to work live... we shall see...

Witch Hunt - It sucked live the first time I saw it decades ago and it still sucks live now - a weak 'filler' song.

Vital Signs - The only real saving grace to the album being played live (IMHO). I last saw it on the VT tour and was overwhelmed by it...

Again - just my opinions... but this is how I fell... I cannot WAIT to hear Presto, however...