******** doesn't work live

rugen

After listening to a show from the last tour, i found that The Faithless song doesn't work well, especially in the middle of the set where i feel that it's a anti-climax song. I am surprised because i enjoyed listening to it on Snakes and Arrows.

confused13.gif

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the song but i've heard the live version on a boot of this tour and you're right, it just doesn't work live. I don't get why Armor & Sword wasn't kept in the set? When I saw them on the first leg of the S&A tour A&S just worked so well and the crowd loved it. I've seen them live six times since 1996 and that was the best reaction i've ever heard one of their new songs get live. They even stopped for a minute after the song to let the applause die down.

Faithless is definitely an odd choice there.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 17 2010, 02:48 PM)
I like the song but i've heard the live version on a boot of this tour and you're right, it just doesn't work live. I don't get why Armor & Sword wasn't kept in the set? When I saw them on the first leg of the S&A tour A&S just worked so well and the crowd loved it. I've seen them live six times since 1996 and that was the best reaction i've ever heard one of their new songs get live. They even stopped for a minute after the song to let the applause die down.

You've posted me thoughts almost exactly. When I saw Faithless in the setlist (the only choice that made me wtf.gif ) my first 2 reactions were:

A: Buzzkill schla03.gif

B. Why didn't they keep Armor and Sword? Not only does it really rock live, but it would get somewhat the same message across, assuming that's what Rush had in mind when they chose Faithlezzzz.

Also, isn't Faithlezzz right behind BU2B in the setlist? Putting half the arena to sleep before your new song seems counterproductive fing.gif

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Jul 17 2010, 03:01 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 17 2010, 02:48 PM)

You've posted me thoughts almost exactly. When I saw Faithless in the setlist (the only choice that made me wtf.gif ) my first 2 reactions were:

A: Buzzkill schla03.gif

B. Why didn't they keep Armor and Sword? Not only does it really rock live, but it would get somewhat the same message across, assuming that's what Rush had in mind when they chose Faithlezzzz.

Also, isn't Faithlezzz right behind BU2B in the setlist? Putting half the arena to sleep before your new song seems counterproductive fing.gif

It does seem counterproductive to me as well. Especially when BU2B is lesser known of the two new songs. It might be a better idea to play a more rockin tune or a better known one before BU2B. But Rush does do some different stuff in their sets so I guess this is just the case here.

I'm glad they're playing it. "Faithless" is one of my favorites from Snakes and I was bummed that they didn't play it on the last two tours so I'm glad they're bringing it out. I do wish that "Armor and Sword" was in the set, though.

I was bummed that I did not get to hear faithless on either S & A leg. I am happy they are playing it this tour but perhaps moving it to a different area of the setlist might be beneficial. Still I look forward to hearing it live for the first time in Tampa.

I enjoyed it very much live. I wasn't that wild about the studio version, but the more stripped down live version works very well, and didn't seem to be any kind of buzz kill at the show I saw.

Beer break.................................

Its practically similar to Ghost of A Chance. You really can't tell the difference between the songs other than the verse parts in Ghost being heavier.

And lots "likes" opening up the lyrics in the verses for both songs.

Buts its one of the compromises and I think Neil's demand this tour. He gets to play this and Geddy gets "stick it out".

Next tour after Clockwork Angels: some kind of trade for "Half the World".

Either this one or Workin' Them Angels should've been replaced by a different song. I like Faithless more than WTA but it's too much S&A for the tour directly after the album's tour. If either one was replaced by JL, this set would be perfect.

I truely like the song! I was always surprised they didn't play on either leg of the S&A tour! So I'm glad they are playing it now. At least if they record the tour Live we'll have alive version of the song and not have it on some Please play this song live list which will be presented to Rush!

Keep that list for:

Cut to the Chase, Jacobs Ladder and Middletown Dreams!

yes.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 17 2010, 03:13 PM)
I'm glad they're playing it. "Faithless" is one of my favorites from Snakes and I was bummed that they didn't play it on the last two tours so I'm glad they're bringing it out. I do wish that "Armor and Sword" was in the set, though.

My thoughts exactly.