Signed items

Janie

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Aug 28 2010, 01:29 PM)
How can I get them to sign my vintage '84 g/p concert poster without the intro "To So-and-so"? I realize if I request this in writing I may get a "no soup for u" response.

Could you please explain what you mean by the to so and so part. Are you saying that if you reguest an autograph they wont sign it. Ar you just to send the package and hope they know you want the album cover signed

Or

do you mean that They wont sign it if you request specialized autographs ie just their names or to inculde your name. Like do you mean you should just send it and be grategul for what you get.

Thanks.

QUOTE (varney2613 @ Aug 29 2010, 12:48 PM)
How many days in advance have people been sending stuff in?

Living fairly close to the venue I tried to time it so it arrived the day before or the day of show....Of course, any delay would have probably meant my mailing would probably have been returned by the venue as undeliverable....I am thankful it got there in time.

Here's a pic of my signed Rush DVD. I sent it to Red Rocks via priority mail on 8/10 (for the 8/16 show) and got it back on Saturday 8/21.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s217/2b62b9/RUSH.jpg

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Aug 27 2010, 12:50 PM)
I got my book from Neil, and also a magazine that I sent for Alex to sign. However, I got the pick guard from my Geddy Lee Jazz Bass (and the short letter I sent to Geddy) back unsigned. Makes me think that it never got to Geddy. confused13.gif Oh well, two out of three, right? I am toying with the idea of resending the pick guard to the Dallas venue (looks like that's another concert to which I will be going.). I'll keep you all posted.

Oh, and the book came exactly one week after the concert, and the magazing and pick guard came back about 11 days afterwards.

The cool thing about the magazine from Alex is that he signed it to both me and my son. Very nice of him! wub.gif Oh, and both Neil's book and the magazine that Alex signed had my name spelled correctly (commonly misspelled), which leads me to believe that they even got my letters that I sent!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs185.ash2/44799_1599436553653_1468216679_31579745_2566170_n.jpg

That's really awesome smile.gif

QUOTE (editor_dwc @ Aug 29 2010, 09:22 AM)
Dropped Permanent Waves CD insert, plus three pics I took from the pit in Kansas City during the R30 tour in the mail on Aug 21..mailed to venue in Omaha % of Liam Birt, included a post-it note on the insert along with SASE..got signed insert back "To David" with all three sigs, they matched another signed PW album cover I obtained years ago...pics were unsigned.. received them in mail on Aug 28 with Omaha postmark...Very cool !!! biggrin.gif

Wait, you already got back signed items from the Omaha show? Hmmm... my show was before yours but I haven't received anything yet. Now I'm starting to get a bit worried. I can't track my package since I lost the tracking number but I'm assuming it made it to the venue (Wichita) since I mailed it in plenty of time.

I'd love to find out how they handle this signing-items-for-fans issue. Do they sign a few things, mail them, grab remaining items and sign them later... My fingers are crossed that everything went well and my items are in the mail. Maybe today is my lucky day.

I also take pictures for the band KANSAS (kansasband.com) and their drummer Phil Ehart told me recently that with all the re-selling of signatures on eBay the personalization of items does help cut that down a bit.

My favorite find in a bargain bin at Hastings was a copy of Ged's solo CD, I looked a little closer I saw that it was SIGNED, "To Jeff" of course, it could be a fake but the signature looked identical to other Ged signatures I have. My brother lucked out, his name is Jeff.... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 30 2010, 01:57 PM)
This is starting to hard core suck. Nothing came in todays mail either. People who sent items in for shows past mine are getting their things back. sad.gif

Janie- just let it go. The signatures are probably well-practiced fakes anyway. To me, they're only authentic if u actually witness the sigs. Do u know how many ppl have fake celebrity sigs and are thrilled because they believe they're real? Perception is reality and the Rush boys know it

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Aug 30 2010, 08:17 PM)
This is starting to hard core suck. Nothing came in todays mail either. People who sent items in for shows past mine are getting their things back.  sad.gif

Janie- just let it go. The signatures are probably well-practiced fakes anyway. To me, they're only authentic if u actually witness the sigs. Do u know how many ppl have fake celebrity sigs and are thrilled because they believe they're real? Perception is reality and the Rush boys know it

yeah that's a great way of looking at it...

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Aug 30 2010, 09:17 PM)
This is starting to hard core suck. Nothing came in todays mail either. People who sent items in for shows past mine are getting their things back.  sad.gif

Who peed in your cheerios? tongue.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Aug 30 2010, 06:17 PM)

Rush can lie to me. I don't care.

QUOTE (jblastick @ Aug 30 2010, 07:16 PM)
Janie....keep the faith! Mine arrived today. Postmarked from Omaha! Good Luck!

But the Omaha show was on the 25th. I sent things in for the Wichita show which was on the 20th. So, reason dictates that I should have received something by now.

Even if my package, somehow, arrived late to the venue, shouldn't it have been returned to me?

Where's my shit!?

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Aug 30 2010, 08:17 PM)

That's not a very Rush thing to do tho..

Hi Janie,

Sorry to hear that. That's very disappointing!

As far as those claiming they are auto-signed, that is not true. They're authentic.

And for those that send in more than one item, don't you think that's a bit silly? They have a show to get ready for; it's not a record signing. We should ge grateful they are signing at all.

Cheers.

QUOTE (upstateNYfan @ Aug 31 2010, 01:18 PM)
Hi Janie,

Sorry to hear that. That's very disappointing!

As far as those claiming they are auto-signed, that is not true. They're authentic.

And for those that send in more than one item, don't you think that's a bit silly? They have a show to get ready for; it's not a record signing. We should ge grateful they are signing at all.

Cheers.

Hey, now you got me feeling kind of bad. I sent in two items to be signed. One was my tour book that I was hoping all three could sign and the second was the first page of guitar music sheet to TSOR that I wanted Alex to sign.

Believe me, I am more than eternally grateful that the guys sign items for fans. I really appreciate that they do this. I just hope nothing happened to my package.

I just got my Moving Pictures cd album cover back today signed by all 3 members of the Holy Triumvirate! And my concert was on Sunday in Columbus, 2 DAYS AGO! I'll post a pic soon.

This is strange though: I also sent them a 4 leaf clover for good luck in a plastic trading card case. They sent the card case back but the clover is gone from it! I wonder where it is now or what they did with it! confused13.gif

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Aug 31 2010, 08:55 PM)
I just got my Moving Pictures cd album cover back today signed by all 3 members of the Holy Triumvirate! And my concert was on Sunday in Columbus, 2 DAYS AGO!  I'll post a pic soon.

This is strange though: I also sent them a 4 leaf clover for good luck in a plastic trading card case. They sent the card case back but the clover is gone from it! I wonder where it is now or what they did with it!  confused13.gif

Yours came already? Hopefully mine comes tomorrow. Fingers crossed.