Signed items

Janie

QUOTE (Huskerspheres @ Aug 23 2010, 09:00 PM)
I had a poster signed. Geddy signed over Alex, they signed over the image versus wide open area and misspelled my name, but that makes it all the better. Good story to tell when explaining to friends.

He signed over Alex's sig? What the... ? I'd love to see a pic of this! laugh.gif

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 24 2010, 09:06 AM)

So YOU got back an unsigned item too!? Why are some people getting multiple items signed yet some of us are getting things returned unsigned? Rush is being mysterious.

I can't believe you got your stuff back so soon. I sent my items to the Wichita show as well. Maybe they'll be in the mail today?

Cannot wait to see the pic!

I'm speculating that the reason my second album wasn't signed was because my pen died (as the pic will attest), but can't say for sure. I'm considering sending another record or my ticket from the Mountain View show (or both?) with a functioning pen.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6544/rushn.jpg

QUOTE (Pride still prevails @ Aug 25 2010, 08:39 AM)
So do you have to put a note in the package to ask them to sign it or do they know that is what we want?  Also, do you include a pen for them to sign with.

I think it's pretty obvious to them although it never hurts to include a note.

I sent in a silver pen with my Moving Pictures album but they used their own. (The sigs were signed using black ink.)

Edited by Janie

Mail came today and there was nothing there sad.gif I would've imagined it would have arrived today (2 mailing days after the show) considering I'm probably less than a mile from the venue. I'm wondering if the band received my package. I know it was delivered to the venue on the day of the show (10am) addressed to Liam Burt Rush Tour Manager. I guess I just have to wait and hope. Anybody else have anything sent to the Chicago venue and receive it back?

QUOTE (jblastick @ Aug 26 2010, 01:29 PM)
Mail came today and there was nothing there sad.gif I would've imagined it would have arrived today (2 mailing days after the show) considering I'm probably less than a mile from the venue. I'm wondering if the band received my package. I know it was delivered to the venue on the day of the show (10am) addressed to Liam Burt Rush Tour Manager. I guess I just have to wait and hope. Anybody else have anything sent to the Chicago venue and receive it back?

Keep the faith. I sent something to Irvine, CA and the return postmark was stamped Las Vegas (which was the next show, I think?). So, it appears if there are time constraints, perhaps they just bundle up everything and take it with them and send it out when they can. Just a guess.

QUOTE (weezy2112 @ Aug 26 2010, 07:03 PM)
QUOTE (jblastick @ Aug 26 2010, 01:29 PM)
Mail came today and there was nothing there  sad.gif  I would've imagined it would have arrived today (2 mailing days after the show) considering I'm probably less than a mile from the venue.  I'm wondering if the band received my package.  I know it was delivered to the venue on the day of the show (10am) addressed to Liam Burt Rush Tour Manager.  I guess I just have to wait and hope.  Anybody else have anything sent to the Chicago venue and receive it back?

Keep the faith. I sent something to Irvine, CA and the return postmark was stamped Las Vegas (which was the next show, I think?). So, it appears if there are time constraints, perhaps they just bundle up everything and take it with them and send it out when they can. Just a guess.

Thanks! I hope that's the case. I have Faith in Faith!!!

I got my book from Neil, and also a magazine that I sent for Alex to sign. However, I got the pick guard from my Geddy Lee Jazz Bass (and the short letter I sent to Geddy) back unsigned. Makes me think that it never got to Geddy. confused13.gif Oh well, two out of three, right? I am toying with the idea of resending the pick guard to the Dallas venue (looks like that's another concert to which I will be going.). I'll keep you all posted.

Oh, and the book came exactly one week after the concert, and the magazing and pick guard came back about 11 days afterwards.

The cool thing about the magazine from Alex is that he signed it to both me and my son. Very nice of him! wub.gif Oh, and both Neil's book and the magazine that Alex signed had my name spelled correctly (commonly misspelled), which leads me to believe that they even got my letters that I sent!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs185.ash2/44799_1599436553653_1468216679_31579745_2566170_n.jpg

Dropped Permanent Waves CD insert, plus three pics I took from the pit in Kansas City during the R30 tour in the mail on Aug 21..mailed to venue in Omaha % of Liam Birt, included a post-it note on the insert along with SASE..got signed insert back "To David" with all three sigs, they matched another signed PW album cover I obtained years ago...pics were unsigned.. received them in mail on Aug 28 with Omaha postmark...Very cool !!! biggrin.gif