536 replies to this topic

#521 Huge Ackman

Huge Ackman

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 601 posts
  • Interests:Football, hockey, cycling, golf, music

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (aviateur55 @ Jul 18 2011, 07:49 PM)
Just curious, has anyone got signatures on a poster, or sent something in a poster tube?  I am thinking that was my mistake, it might be too much trouble for them to put the postage and mailing label on.  Seems the enclosed Sase works the best.  I sent a Hold Your Fire poster to the Gorge seems like I am the only one not to receive anything back

I sent a poster in a tube on a number of occasions and 3 out of 4 got sigs and were returned.  The only one that failed was one I had designated as an auction item for RushCon and their food bank charity.  That one reached the venue (The Starlight Theater in Kansas City, last year) and was given to the band or management but it never showed up at The Con.

Otherwise, posters and tubes seem to work just fine.  I always sent self-adhesive pre-paid postage as well as pre-addressed label for the return, all well packed and with very clear instructions, AND a new Sharpie marker for them to use for signing (I always asked for but never received the pen in return, though).  Both UPS and USPS return shipping was successful on at least one occasion.

Rock on!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Sponsored Post

#522 Harperspace

Harperspace

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:40 AM

As promised, here is my signed copy of Moving Pictures received back from the Manchester UK gig:

My signed copy of  Moving Pictures

#523 aviateur55

aviateur55

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:20 AM

Thanks for the info, maybe there is still hope.

#524 jmdyyz

jmdyyz

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Music- Fishing- Enjoying Life
    Graphic artist for Trade shows

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:26 AM

Vegas never delivered to band- do not send next time

#525 Pars123

Pars123

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 607 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC!:)

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

How long does it usually take to get the autographs back?????

2.gif  2.gif  trink39.gif  653.gif  AlexFinal.gif  NeilFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  653.gif  trink39.gif  2.gif  2.gif  

#526 capoetc

capoetc

The Seeker

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (Pars123 @ Jul 28 2011, 09:23 PM)

2.gif  2.gif  trink39.gif  653.gif  AlexFinal.gif  NeilFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  653.gif  trink39.gif  2.gif  2.gif

If you haven 't gotten anything back yet .. it is likely not coming.

#527 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2874 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (Pars123 @ Jul 28 2011, 09:23 PM)

I got mine back two days after the show....

#528 Puppyloo

Puppyloo

The Seeker

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Good food, good music and shitty movies

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:22 PM

Wanted to post earlier, but had to wait till after husband's birthday - found this thread about a week before the last show of the tour and decided to sent one of our pre-sale lenticular lanyards to the Gorge. I included a note that Karl (hubby) and I are huge fans, his birthday was coming up and getting the lanyard signed for him would be a huge surprise (and give me leverage in getting a new puppy! Hey, a girl's gotta do, what she's gotta do, right?) Honestly, when nothing returned in a week I thought no hope and on to b-day Plan B... but a few days later it was in the mailbox. Though I was really surprised to see that it was personalized to BOTH of us - between this and Neil's drumsticks, we're stuck with each other forever. Like some sort of marriage insurance! ( :

Got everything framed as a surprise - one set for S&A and the other set for TM. He was kinda sedate about the S&A set, because he knew all the items and we've wanted to properly display them for some time. But the look on his face when he opened the TM set and realized what was on the lanyard was priceless! I can't begin to describe how grateful I am that the band takes the time out of their already busy schedule  - and even at the last show of a long tour - to do something so nice for the fans. The only downside now is I've set the bar too high - Christmas is gonna be a let down, unless I can get Geddy to give Karl bass lessons.

(and yes, I got my new puppy!)
( :

user posted image
user posted image

#529 Axeshredder

Axeshredder

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Drums, Bass, Recording, Joe Satriani, Chickenfoot

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:35 PM

Niiiiiice!..thank for sharing

#530 TheY2k

TheY2k

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Rush, music, graphic design, snow boarding, biking, fishing, adventure, and creating things.

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:22 PM

Hey does anyone know if they sign pick guards for guitars during the tour? i really want to get it signed so i could put it on my epiphone dot guitar. i was wondering if they dont sign it like they dont sign t-shirts. if anyone has ever tried or had experance please upload them or tell me the story. i just want to know so i dont waste the time, and potentully lose my pick guard.  

#531 nobodys hero

nobodys hero

Rush Rocker Chick

• Members *
  • 7941 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Rush Rush.. there's more, but really that says it all!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (TheY2k @ Aug 16 2011, 05:22 PM)
Hey does anyone know if they sign pick guards for guitars during the tour? i really want to get it signed so i could put it on my epiphone dot guitar. i was wondering if they dont sign it like they dont sign t-shirts. if anyone has ever tried or had experance please upload them or tell me the story. i just want to know so i dont waste the time, and potentully lose my pick guard.

Alex signed one for Kelly D when he surprised her on her birthday and took her to the side of the stage and took pics with her. There's a thread here somewhere with a pic I think.

#532 TheY2k

TheY2k

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Rush, music, graphic design, snow boarding, biking, fishing, adventure, and creating things.

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:31 AM

That is a great dream, but honestly I don't see Alex doing that. I ment If I just send it to the venue do the normaly sign it?

#533 Boogra

Boogra

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:54 AM

Wait wait wait...I'm new here.  Are you guys telling me that I can send in something to the guys and that they will not only sign it but mail it back to me?

And where do you send it exactly?  Explain please?

#534 TheY2k

TheY2k

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Boogra @ Aug 19 2011, 01:54 AM)
Wait wait wait...I'm new here.  Are you guys telling me that I can send in something to the guys and that they will not only sign it but mail it back to me?

And where do you send it exactly?  Explain please?

Shhhhhhh it's a secret!
As far as I understand during the tour you send an item you want autographed to the venue with a pre-addressed package and payed for and they normaly sign it. Don't tell everyone because I'm sure this "well" is drying up

#535 aviateur55

aviateur55

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:36 PM

Wow, great stories, would love to know what happened to my Hold Your Fire Poster sent to the Gorge, seems I am the only one not to get anything back from there.

#536 TheY2k

TheY2k

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

Can anyone give me a list of what venues do give our packages to the boys and send them back.
I really want to send them to..
The red rocks
the George
white river
and the sleep country ampitheater.
Yes I know it depends on if they go there but do you guys know If they give them the packages at those places.  

#537 capoetc

capoetc

The Seeker

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

Best bet is to just take a chance.  And please don't go to the well over and over again -- that would ensure that others will be unable to get their stuff signed!

FWIW, I sent mine to the Baltimore venue and it came back signed from New Orleans ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users